Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manchester City close on Pellegrini (merged)

He lookked happy enough walking into Stockport Station for the train today!

peoffrey said:
zeven said:
how much did he won with Madrid? Mancini has proved hes a winner both with and without money,

the money argument is old and flaud. you can do better

Madrid's highest ever points total in La Liga and signed Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema and Alonso.

I've already said Pellegrini is a sideways step for Mancini and I'm trying to reason or be positive. At the end of the day, Mancini may well have asked to move on so it's almost pointless defending him and singing that fucking song for 90 minutes tomorrow. He'll need to be replaced.
Where does that rumour comes from? that Mancini want to resign everyrthing els point to the contrary.

sounds like a new try from the outers.

peoffrey said:
mammutly said:
Well it didn't happen last year, did it.

We got second option players in at the very last minute. From June onwards, Mancini made a number of public statements expressing his frustration about the lack of progress in the transfer market.

Marwood was responsible for signing Van Persie or De Rossi and Marwood brought neither in. He's since been moved on and been replaced by a more able man.

-- Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm --

pudge said:
peoffrey said:
Madrid's highest ever points total in La Liga and signed Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema and Alonso.

I've already said Pellegrini is a sideways step for Mancini and I'm trying to reason or be positive. At the end of the day, Mancini may well have asked to move on so it's almost pointless defending him and singing that fucking song for 90 minutes tomorrow. He'll need to be replaced.

To be fair, those players you have mentioned weren't exactly gambles that happened to pay off.

Lots of players flop at Clubs after big money moves before resurrecting their careers elsewhere. Pellegrini still had to attract them there and explain what he wanted from them.

Sorry peoff....most of the world accept all the above we're Perez deals. He also sold Wes against the wishes of Pellegrini, something he has gone on record as being totally pissed off about but powerless to prevent.........

BlueDejong said:
ono said:
BlueDejong said:
He's great manager ! Mancini is better ? Ha..nonsense

Pellegrini

Win percentage: 49.72%

Honours: Copa Chile (domestic cup), Ecuadorian Serie A title, 2 Argentinian League titles, 1 Copa Mercosur (Now pretty much Copa Sudamerica - South American equivalent of UEFA cup). Intertoto Cup winner (cluching at straws here)

Mancini

Win percentage: 56.41%

4 Coppa Italias, 3 Serie A titles, 2 Super Coppas, 1 Premier League Title, 1 FA Cup, 1 Community Shield.

Yeah you're right, let's get him in.

No kidding. Pellegrini always managed poor teams.
Not really true either.

ono said:
peoffrey said:
ono said:
Pellegrini

Win percentage: 49.72%

Honours: Copa Chile (domestic cup), Ecuadorian Serie A title, 2 Argentinian League titles, 1 Copa Mercosur (Now pretty much Copa Sudamerica - South American equivalent of UEFA cup). Intertoto Cup winner (cluching at straws here)

Mancini

Win percentage: 56.41%

4 Coppa Italias, 3 Serie A titles, 2 Super Coppas, 1 Premier League Title, 1 FA Cup, 1 Community Shield.

Yeah you're right, let's get him in.

Pellegrini also doesn't have the funds at Malaga that Mancini has here. He's worked on a shoestring and also with money at Madrid.
Malaga went on a massive recruitment drive a few seasons ago. Their squad is probably in the top 5 in the league, and that's where they finished. And he didn't win the league with Madrid.

Mancini can do it ? verses Pep's Barcelona ?

And you don't know about Malaga

OB1 said:
Pablo1 said:
squirtyflower said:
I don't often contribute to the manager threads, and after this post a lot of you will say don't bother in the future

But what the fucking hell are you doing telling us the manager ought to go on the eve of a fucking cup final?

just fucking leave it out for twenty four hours if you could possibly manage it you negative people

It's fucking sickening the glee in which the posters who want him out are on here 24 hrs before an FA cup final rubbing their hands together. Even if you're of the opinion that he should go, if you can't put your shit to one side for one day and show Mancini some respect then it's a sad state of affairs.

Oh do grow up.

There's no glee about this. What's happend today is interesting and worth discussing. It won't do amything to harm City's chances in the Cup Final or change to joy of winning or the despair of losing.
If it makes me childish to think what I do then so be it - but it won't change how I feel about this particular subject. Then that's me being a big supporter of Mancini, it stands to reason that I'll be more aggressive in my posting if I feel he's being undermined, it's a natural reaction and I react to it. Maybe I could take a second to think about what I'm writing but then who wants a diluted outburst!
Those who want him out or are on the fence will obviously have a different mindset and are more likely to post on this thread objectably and a bit more rationally than someone like myself who wants him to stay.
Nothing will stop my joy at wembley if we win tomorrow, if what's being reported is true then I'll just make sure I have a couple of extra jd and cokes to toast a great manager who's helped bring some of the most unforgettable moments I've witnessed in 30 years of being a blue.

ono said:
Malaga went on a massive recruitment drive a few seasons ago. Their squad is probably in the top 5 in the league, and that's where they finished. And he didn't win the league with Madrid.

I didn't say he won La Liga with Real Madrid. I note you didn't comment I'm presently in bed with Kelly Brook either.

At Malaga he earned a record points total, qualified for the Champions League for the first time ever and actually saw players leave because of the financial difficulties.

Pellegrini didn't win the league with Madrid? He got a record total for Real Madrid, only being beaten to the league by a tiny margin by the best side to have ever played the game. Not something you can really use against him. And as for Pellegrini's and Mancini's win percentages and trophy records, Pellegrini would have done just as well if he was appointed when Mancini was. I'n not fussed either way about Mancini staying or going, just pointing out the obvious.

pudge said:
You don't have to attract players to Real Madrid, also, Benzema took a while to find his feet (post Pellegrini for that matter, coincidence?) and Kaka's form is unrecognisable.

Players still have to be attracted to any Club. They're mercenaries and, boyhood fans aside, will largely go for the best deal anywhere.

I note you haven't addressed the 96 points total yet. Their highest ever and since managed by Mourinho.

Mayor West said:
Pellegrini didn't win the league with Madrid? He got a record total for Real Madrid, only being beaten to the league by a tiny margin by the best side to have ever played the game. Not something you can really use against him. And as for Pellegrini's and Mancini's win percentages and trophy records, Pellegrini would have done just as well if he was appointed when Mancini was. I'n not fussed either way about Mancini staying or going, just pointing out the obvious.

No, you're just stating your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.