Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These rumours are far too big now to be untrue. The club would have already denied this story if it wasn't true IMO. Mancini has been acting like a man who knows there is a big chance he will leave soon for a while now. Good luck to him. AS reporting Pellegrini will be announced as the new manager at the end of the season. After the post-season tour or Norwich game i wonder?

Has it ever occurred to anyone that Pellegrini could indeed be on his way to CHELSEA!? Reports of Abramovic baulking at the 17m buy out clause for Mourinho!? I believe Chelsea Officials met Pellegrini's Agent too!? More shit stirring by the Media... They want their Love-in with Mourinho back in the Premier League!

I think we met the Agent to talk about Signing Isco - It's the same Agent!?

Anyway- City are in the FA CUP FINAL today!!! Enjoy your Day, Blues!!!

Not sure why we aren't trying to persuade Klopp to leave Dortmund if we are sacking Mancini.

MaineRoadBlue said:
bernarbia said:
The amount of glee in here for sacking our best manager ever genuinely sickens me.

Best manager ever? Really?

Yes, without doubt. In the days of Mercer you could lose 10 games a season and still be champions. In fact there were several seasons when as many as 4 or 5 teams (different teams incidentally) could win the league on the final day. Also in 69, after winning the league the year previously, we were only mid table.

If you want to go back to 37, then the following year we were bloody relegated.

In short, this is the most tough league to win and Mancini and his staff have done us proud. Another point to consider here is what would happen to Platt, Kidd and the rest of the backroom staff?

There is no need for a new manager, and those that call for it are rather like the mongs who feel compelled to change their phone every 12 months in some insane belief it will make their phone calls and texts better.

In short, we have the ideal manager to exploit the void of Baconface and with a little luck in the transfer window we will stand a good chance of taking the title again.

If, and I hope not, we are stupid enough to dispense of Mancini, Platt and Kidd and appoint Pellegrini we could struggle to make top 3 next year bearing in mind the strength of Chelsea under Mourinho,Spurs, Arsenal and United, Also Rodgers at Liverpool will be stronger.

All in all, if this proposal was brought to any business minded person on Dragon's Den then it would get a massive 'I'm Out'

Absolute Stupidity demonstrated and circulated as a good idea by morons!

In fact, this has City's version of Spurs Juande Ramos stamped all over it. Fucking Disaster!

So we can wipe everythin that Joe and Big Mal won from our history then. It meant nowt all them years!

Not sure what to believe. Off the field, our owners conduct business in dignified silence, which in turn leads the media to speculate wildly on all matters pertaining to our club. With so much flux at our competitors, now would seem a wise time to prize stability.

I hope Mancini stays, I hope he stays for a very long time but.....

Just read Wikepedia and the last line is very interesting!

Manuel Luis Pellegrini Ripamonti (born 16 September 1953) is a Chilean manager and former footballer. His current club is La Liga side Malaga FC .

As a coach, he has managed teams mostly in Spain, Argentina, and Chile. San Lorenzo de Almagro obtained their first international title while Pellegrini was manager. He started coaching Universidad de Chile during the 1988 season, in which the team was relegated to Second Division.[1] In 1990, Arturo Salah was appointed as the manager of the Chilean national football team, and he hired Pellegrini as his technical assistant, and manager of the under-20 team.[1] He then coached Palestino (1990–1992) and O'Higgins (1992–1993).[2] In 1993, he became coach of Universidad Catolica, one of the most popular football clubs from Chile, where he had an amazing team with players such as Alberto Acosta and Nestor Gorosito, but he could only finish as runner-up during 1994 and 1995 seasons. Pellegrini coached Ecuadorian club LDU Quito to a national title in 1999, starting a tradition of coaches that followed him to the Ecuadorian team. He had a good presentation in Copa Libertadores with the team that put him in the eye of GMs of other South American teams. The years with Universidad Catolica were fundamental in his career as Nestor Gorosito, an Icon of San Lorenzo of Argentina, would later on recommend Pellegrini to the team and his recommendation would reap rewards when the Chilean coach led Los Cuervos to the 2001 Clausura title and the Copa Mercosur, South America's UEFA Cup equivalent. Pellegrini secured the Clausura championships at Los Milionarios in 2003, in which he utilised the talents of Andrés D'Alessandro, one of many Argentine playmakers to have been likened to Diego Maradona. His sale to Vfl Wolfsburg, however, proved a tough hurdle for Pellegrini to overcome and his side struggled to defend their status as Argentine champions in the 2003 Torneo Apertura. He quit his post at the end of the campaign. [color=#FF0000[b]]In May 2013 he was confirmed as the new Manager of Manchester City[/b].[/color]

And the link....

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Pellegrini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Pellegrini</a>

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 15 min
The City decision 2 appoint Pellegrini, based on performance not results (i.e.,winning Cup). All football decisions should be taken that way

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 1 min
Football management is about maximising potential.Performances this season in PL and CL suggest Mancini didn't got the best of a great squad

Say what you say...but sounds like a good reasoning to me.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
hallstreetblue said:
Kazzydeyna said:
+1 from me.

The amount of glee in here for sacking our best manager ever genuinely sickens me.

If pellegrini only wins 2 cups and 1 lge in the next three years who do we replace him with for "not being successful enough"?.

I've said it before in here but some of our posters are like chavvy scum who win the lottery, go to a 5* restaurant and complain because they "don't do chips with everything".

You're not city fans. You're wankers.

OUCH!

Best EVER manager?

Joe Mercer: Promotion in 66, League champions 68, Charity shield 68, F.A. Cup 69, European Cup Winners Cup 70, League Cup, 70.

Was sadly sacked in 1971
Following that promotion in '66 Mercer's teams finished an average of 10th in the First Division iirc.

So you'd rather not have all them trophies (won on a big fook off budget of ROCK ALL) in the history books? Mercer was just a twat with a hat then! Now I'm gettin wound up! CALM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.