Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought...

Do you not think that maybe the owners allowed these rumors to break when they did to make yesterday's game more difficult (in that it does affect the players and it will be on everyones mind). Thus getting the fans on side with the idea of Pelligrini when we lose in the final to a relegation threatened team?

I know it may seem a little too tactical but had we won, the idea of sacking a manager on the back of 3 trophies in 3 1/2 years compared to sacking him at the end of a piss poor season would make the transition to a new manager more difficult. It's not like they have come out to rubbish the rumors and with an outfit as professional as ours, I think they'd be able to keep it under wraps with legalities. Let's be honest, winning the FA Cup doesn't hold the same value as it did. Especially for a club built to challenge in Europe and dominate their league.

I love that Mancini has given us an amazing few years (not that he is definitely going) but he has never really took the bull by the horns. We don't win comfortably under him, we always seem to scrape by. He wasn't backed last summer for a reason, not just because Marwood decided he doesn't like Mancini, there will be reasons more substantiated than that. Maybe it is time for change?!

From a HUGE Mancini fan.

CTID

Dethred said:
Marvin said:
If Pellegrini goes on to become the new manager then it's a case of the King is Dead Long live the King. But I'm sure the board of directors and the owner will be acutely embarrassed that this was the major news story of the day on Cup Final morning. Very Very embarrassing - if true.

For once we agree. But if the stories are true, and we had to act, its a matter of "do we let a Manager being courted by every top club slip through our fingers, or risk the FA cup? Its not pretty, but they're thinking long term, and it shows how little the FA cup means to the men in charge.

There is a gulf in the priorities of the fans and the people in charge. Everyone is fortunately hoping for long term success.

It doesn't matter whether it matters to them or not. It matters to us and its perfectly possible to think and act long term without turning an immediate short term objective into a Benny Hill circus. Ferran and Txiki are allowed to be competent and professional. I would much prefer it to be honest. Besides its not as if Pellegrini is catch of the fucking century. It could have waited a week or two.

TommyBenarbia said:
Just a thought...

Do you not think that maybe the owners allowed these rumors to break when they did to make yesterday's game more difficult (in that it does affect the players and it will be on everyones mind). Thus getting the fans on side with the idea of Pelligrini when we lose in the final to a relegation threatened team?

I doubt even Machiavelli could be so devious.

Roberto Mancini attacks Manchester City as Manuel Pellegrini agrees to take over as coach. #MCFC #MGA #ITA #CHI

After an FA Cup Final tactical humiliation at the hands of relegation-threatened Wigan Athletic, Roberto Mancini is expected to lose his position as manager of Manchester City. The Abu Dhabi-owned club say they will formally review the Italian's performance when a Premier League season in which they ceded the trophy to Manchester United ends next week; behind the scenes a contract has already been placed before Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini.

According to sources close to the deal, Pellegrini has verbally agreed to take over from Mancini once City exercise a €4million clause in his contract with the Champions League quarter-finalists. “I don’t think any of us really want to leave Malaga,” said Pellegrini yesterday. “Everyone would prefer to stay but, unfortunately, the circumstances we are in don’t allow that.”

It is understood that City exchanged contracts with Pellegrini's lawyers last week though the those have yet to be formally signed. Inherently conservative in their approach to such matters, that City accelerated their courtship of the Chilean in FA Cup Final is a response to competing interest from Barcelona.

Early last week, Barcelona asked to be informed of Pellegrini's intentions for next season amidst internal concerns over Tito Vilanova's ability to continue as coach. When City learned of Barca's approach they immediately moved to avoid losing the South American to the La Liga champions-elect.

City's board met on Saturday morning, with senior officials declining to confirm or deny that a deal was now in place with Pellegrini. They did, though, recognise that Mancini's performance was under review following a season in which the Premier League's most expensively assembled and best paid squad was knocked out of the Champions League at the group stage and meekly ceded the domestic title.

City's Spanish executives Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain have been preparing to replace Mancini as manager for months now. In February, The Sunday Times revealed that the pair had informed Pellegrini he was their preferred candidate after double Champions League winner Pep Guardiola chose to join Bayern Munich ahead of City.

Read more here (£): <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesundayti.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesundayti..</a>.

He attacks MCFC!?!?

TommyBenarbia said:
Just a thought...

I know it may seem a little too tactical but had we won, the idea of sacking a manager on the back of 3 trophies in 3 1/2 years compared to sacking him at the end of a piss poor season would make the transition to a new manager more difficult. It's not like they have come out to rubbish the rumors and with an outfit as professional as ours, I think they'd be able to keep it under wraps with legalities. Let's be honest, winning the FA Cup doesn't hold the same value as it did. Especially for a club built to challenge in Europe and dominate their league.

I love that Mancini has given us an amazing few years (not that he is definitely going) but he has never really took the bull by the horns. We don't win comfortably under him, we always seem to scrape by. He wasn't backed last summer for a reason, not just because Marwood decided he doesn't like Mancini, there will be reasons more substantiated than that. Maybe it is time for change?!

From a HUGE Mancini fan.

CTID

Thats the same as saying the CIA were responsible for 9/11 because Bush wanted to get rid of Saddam.

BlueMoonoverUS said:
He attacks MCFC!?!?

The headline doesn't match the article (or maybe it does in the paid portion of it not shown in that preview) but Mancini said after the game how the board should have done something to quash the rumors.

And he's quite right.

Shit, even if they planned to sack him tomorrow, still give him the vote of confidence going into the game.

BlueAnorak said:
So whether Mancini is going or not, Txiki has a lot to f*cking answer for his indiscretion. Rank amateurism in it's purest form that has a lot to do with our defeat. This leak clearly upset the team's preparation as they clearly had a problem being motivated for today's game - normally a sign that a team is not happy about what is going ion behind the scenes.
I'm beginning to wonder if anyone at our fucking club knows what they're doing. I really am.

TommyBenarbia said:
Just a thought...

From a HUGE Mancini fan.

CTID

Nah. On one hand you offer him a 5 year deal then refuse to back him in the market? Makes no sense. Its never a conspiracy. Its always a fuck up. Today was a fuck up. The season is now officially a fuck up. The whole world is a fuck up...ok I'm getting steamed up again. Deep breath.

BlueAnorak said:
So whether Mancini is going or not, Txiki has a lot to f*cking answer for his indiscretion. Rank amateurism in it's purest form that has a lot to do with our defeat. This leak clearly upset the team's preparation as they clearly had a problem being motivated for today's game - normally a sign that a team is not happy about what is going ion behind the scenes.

So why the Wigan one are not upset ?Martinez is also going out ? no here we are talking about afinal the fact that city lost has nothing to do with what The mastro mancini say. the team got beaten by Wigan (starting 11 that cost less than 15m) because of rubbish tactic (yeah football is also about tactics) the same against Everton, Ajax real ...... all matches were city didn't lose because it was a close game but beaten from the 1st to the last minute outplayed in the game ....

So what will make A DZEKO, Hart, silva, toure, ....... not happy with mancini being replaced like any manager replaced (for whatever reason)? since no player( by the admission of hiw own ex players) have a relationship with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.