Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Exeter Blue I am here said:
None of us knows whether he will or not. However, we do have a problem with the current incumbent. Pretending the players are the only ones at fault doesn't change that. We can either stick or twist. I say twist

I agree,however,the evidence suggests he will be.

He looks to get the most out of his players,round pegs in round holes.He doesn't put players into a system,he plays a system according to the attributes of his players.

As well as having a superior tactical brain and better man management abilities,his football also looks more attractive and exciting.

So while he wasn't on my list of first choices,he does appear a significant upgrade.We need an overhaul and a fresh approach,we are stale,i have faith that given he is the choice of our hierarchy there must be a bloody good reason.

So,for me,he is certainly worth the 'gamble'.

BlueCityfan said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
None of us knows whether he will or not. However, we do have a problem with the current incumbent. Pretending the players are the only ones at fault doesn't change that

Ok so in 2 yrs,it hasn't changed,we have fucked Mancini off and we haven't won anything...What happens then?

Can't you see what is happening here,revert to type and sack manager every time we have a setback or don't pick up a trophy?

Maybe, just maybe Pellegrini has a different kind of style? And isn't as one dimensional as Mancini? And maybe he has a plan B. You don't know if you don't try....
It's better to try now than waste another year on Mancini with his clueless tactics in the CL and his frustrating away game tactics.

Chelsea might sack managers as often as you change socks but they win trophies year after year.

And pay how much out in compensation..Ancelotti,AVB,Mourinho...Do you think we are going to do this??

Ancient Citizen said:
bluemathlady said:
Ive heard Pellegrini is very good at getting the best out of his players.

Must be the shit players he got the 'Best' out of then, Ronaldo, Alonso, Kaka and Benzema went backwards, so did he, he ended up managing lesser teams. Mourinho didn't seem to have the same problems.
He's won shedloads though, so he's obviously a twat.
Mourinho has won shed loads at Madrid? What? One league title and a league cup?

FantasyIreland said:
As well as having a superior tactical brain and better man management abilities,his football also looks more attractive and exciting.

Ok this I've seen a lot on here and I just don't get it. Both of those things are a means to an end, and if they're so brilliant, why has he both a) not been scooped up by more top teams and b) won fuck all? If Mourinho is on the market, most top teams would have him, Ancelotti same, Del Bosque, etc. Mancini and Pellegrini are to use a phrase I fucking hate, Tier 2 managers. We demand we go all out for the best in our players, so why not managers?

We have some serious problems with Mancini but thinking Pellegrini is markedly better is only going to have a lot of blues feeling very let down IMO.

Granted I've only saw Malaga a few times this season but from what I've seen they play very similar style to what we already do.

I have doubts that by appointing Pellegrini we will approach certain games in any different style to how Mancini already does it. To an extent, it works for Pellegrini in la liga due to its slower pace, I hope he can adapt his style to suit the English game.

The faces tell us all we need to know..........

article-2323059-19BAFCD2000005DC-772_634x380.jpg

adrianr said:
FantasyIreland said:

Ok this I've seen a lot on here and I just don't get it. Both of those things are a means to an end, and if they're so brilliant, why has he both a) not been scooped up by more top teams and b) won fuck all? If Mourinho is on the market, most top teams would have him, Ancelotti same, Del Bosque, etc. Mancini and Pellegrini are to use a phrase I fucking hate, Tier 2 managers. We demand we go all out for the best in our players, so why not managers?

We have some serious problems with Mancini but thinking Pellegrini is markedly better is only going to have a lot of blues feeling very let down IMO.
I've only come to this thread today after yesterday's dismal performance, which I attribute to the manager. However, I have already discovered from those Independent and Guardian articles a few pages back that Barcelona have been sniffing around Pellegrini.

@BluePhil8 said:
Ancient Citizen said:
bluemathlady said:
Ive heard Pellegrini is very good at getting the best out of his players.

Must be the shit players he got the 'Best' out of then, Ronaldo, Alonso, Kaka and Benzema went backwards, so did he, he ended up managing lesser teams. Mourinho didn't seem to have the same problems.
He's won shedloads though, so he's obviously a twat.
Mourinho has won shed loads at Madrid? What? One league title and a league cup?

6 trophies with Porto, 6 with Chelsea, 5 with Inter Milan, 3 with Real Madrid.
150 matches unbeaten with Porto, Chelsea and Inter.
Still, it's best to go for the infinately more exciting prospect of a young lad of 59, who has all this potential in front of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.