Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Doesn't matter if it's Wigan, Dortmund or Ajax. If you play pressing football against our team there is a very high chance you will get a result.

Many has identified this issue, yet in 3 seasons Mancini hasn't been able to address.

After another loss he rounds on the City hierarchy for the lack of quality signings in the summer confirming he is indeed a cheque book manager.

Yesterday was a snapshot of the season in general and this high profile capitulation will probably be the final nail in the coffin.

dctid said:
Amnd each and every one of them has played a part in yesterdays fucking shite including the two fucking amigos whom have behaved like utter wankers

I agree. We should've used one of them as a sub. Fucking wankers.

You are misplacing your blame. Mancini's questionable tactics lost the game, and his 'back me' retort afterwards was simply to save face on what was another lackluster display compounded by bizarre substitutions.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
BlueCityfan said:
Ok so in 2 yrs,it hasn't changed,we have fucked Mancini off and we haven't won anything...What happens then?

Can't you see what is happening here,revert to type and sack manager every time we have a setback or don't pick up a trophy?

Maybe, just maybe Pellegrini has a different kind of style? And isn't as one dimensional as Mancini? And maybe he has a plan B. You don't know if you don't try....
It's better to try now than waste another year on Mancini with his clueless tactics in the CL and his frustrating away game tactics.

Chelsea might sack managers as often as you change socks but they win trophies year after year.

And pay how much out in compensation..Ancelotti,AVB,Mourinho...Do you think we are going to do this??

Sometimes you have to, to progress. Just like you have to buy expensive players to progress. And if the rumours are true...that there is a clause that Mancini can be sacked in the first 2 years with not too much compensation. I don't think replacing him with Pellegrini will be that expensive.

dctid said:
I wish those ****s Marwood,Bergistein and Soriano would fuck off

Amnd each and every one of them has played a part in yesterdays fucking shite including the two fucking amigos whom have behaved like utter wankers

Edited

Why would you want Ferran to fuck off?
Hasn't he done a fantastic job since he came here? His primary priority, as far as I see it, is to make sure we as a corporation is run in a healthy financial manner and making sure we abide to the FFP rules. He has done just that.
Of course his job is simultaneously to make sure we stay competitive, bringing in the best possible staff and the right players at the right time and at the right price.

He brought in Txiki late last year, who pretty much right away managed to get rid of Balotelli in a deal making sure we didn't make a loss for a change. That with a club and chairman known to be horrible dealing with.

I think we are very lucky to have those two in charge.

The thing that hit home to me about mancini was a comment a rag made to me this morning.

If he stays for another season how many points do I think we would get both home and away to Everton, Sunderland, swansea, Southampton and Stoke.

30 points up for grabs and a team that would win the league would be looking to plick up maybe 23+ points, 1 loss and two draws.

Have to say that I doubt we would get this. He then asked if I would put £50 on us getting through the group stages of the CL, again I can't say I would be confident.

With the squad we have we should be able to hit both of these targets, under mancini I doubt we will and the main reason is he will not learn from previous failings.

Ancient Citizen said:
This new manager chappy will have to make an immediate impact that's for sure. He was handed Real Madrid and we all know how shit they are. He signed Ronaldo from the Rags for a paltrey £80 million, Kaka from Milan, Benzema, for a tidy sum and Alonso from the Dippers, totalling around £200 million, a club record. They were eliminated from the Copa Del Rey by a second division side, ( not like Wigan eh!), then binned out of the Champions league by Lyon and finally rounded off this fantastic tenure by losing the league to Barcelona.
Still, as apparently winning nothing at all is de riguer, we all must choose to ignore all that and trust in Cheeky Beerstain and his mate to deliver the glory we all crave.
At 59, he's not exactly in the first flush of youth, so It'll be an interesting season, that's for sure.

He didn't buy the players...he said it himself. It was the Galacticos policy.

Pellegrini: "I didn't have a voice or a vote at Madrid. They sign the best players, but not the best players needed in a certain position. It’s no good having an orchestra with the 10 best guitarists if I don’t have a pianist. Real Madrid have the best guitarists, but if I ask them to play the piano they won’t be able to do it so well. He [Perez] sold players that I considered important. We didn't win the Champions League because we didn't have a squad properly structured to be able to win it."

You know, I feel some of you are losing the plot a little.

People are upset about yesterday. I understand that. We lost a cup final. But the way in which we are looking for people to blame and in particular, rounding on Ferran and Txiki is quite frankly bizarre. Take a step back and a deep breath and think about what the fuck some of you are saying.

It is quite clear that the decision was taken some time ago to replace Mancini with Pellegrini. Now, how do you handle this? Do you try to sow up the deal in the background before informing people so as to not distract on the teams performances? Or do you tell the press every step of the way during negotiations? It seems like most of you think it should be the latter. Crazy. What exactly were you expecting after the news reports broke? For Ferran to come out and say actually yes, we are looking for a new manager and Mancini is gone? The day of the Cup final? Really?

These guys are professional. They believe there are better managerial options and have gone about securing one of those options, without feeling the need to brief the press.

There is also this view that the hierarchy should have waited until the season was done before negotiating with another manager. As if by doing so was somehow not classy. Firstly, get real - this is how the world works. Secondly, I assume these are the same people who ranted at Marwood for not getting the transfer business concluded earlier enough last season.

Yesterday wasn't a great day, but we will move on. Surely after everything Khaldoon has done that has been right he can be afforded a degree of trust. We are a club that is in great hands. Yet the flapping on here has been unbelievable.

What we are witnessing in the press and Twitter today will be long forgotten, much like Hughes was.

Matt the Giant said:
Why would you want Ferran to fuck off?
Hasn't he done a fantastic job since he came here? His primary priority, as far as I see it, is to make sure we as a corporation is run in a healthy financial manner and making sure we abide to the FFP rules. He has done just that.
Of course his job is simultaneously to make sure we stay competitive, bringing in the best possible staff and the right players at the right time and at the right price.

He brought in Txiki late last year, who pretty much right away managed to get rid of Balotelli in a deal making sure we didn't make a loss for a change. That with a club and chairman known to be horrible dealing with.

I think we are very lucky to have those two in charge.

I agree.

I am also thankful for what Bobby has achieved with us as our manager, he has helped stabilise the club and make us into a contender for silverware. He has brought us our first FA Cup, Premier League Title & Community Shield and will be forever remembered for doing so - and rightly so.

I look at last summer during the transfer window which turned out to be a total farce, and felt sympathy towards Bobby as the club did not back him in the market. But with the mistsakes made the squad was still capable of retaining the premier league title. The season started with what seemed to be with a hangover for the players from winning the title last term, there was lackluste displays which frustrated myself and other fans. The issue was that this carried on throughout the whole season and was not something that you could call a blip

During the CL campaign it was here after playing Dortmund that the camels back was broken, It was their formation and tactics that showed other teams how to sit back and basically counter against our style of play - this was then picked up on by the rest of the premier league sides, we struggled against this type of formation constantly trying to break the opposition defence by going through the middle, due to the fact that we had no width.

We did pick form up slightly towards the end but then again it returned to lethargic dislays & basically withered out. Not any fan, whether you are a lifelong Blue or a newbie can deny that this defence of our premier league title was basically poor.

It culminated in our club reaching the FA Cup final, against a strong wigan side fighting relegation but with a number of injuries to their squad. Prior to the final we played Wigan in the league at the Etihad and Wigan outplayed us in our own park, we got the win down to a piece of individual brilliance from Carlos that secured the 3 points, however and I think most fellow blues would agree it went against the run of play

In the run up to the FA Cup the week started with the great news that baconface had retired - a day for us to celebrate the passing of the devil incarnate. Rumours of the job being turned down by Mourinho, which meant the 2nd option of Gollum was taken up made the news even sweeter to our ears. The week could not get any better.

But low and behold news then broke out that Bobby's position at our club was under threat again, initial reports at the beginning of the month started with Txiki being spotted having dinner with Pellegrini's agent (Jesus Martinez). The Spanish press reported this which of course the english press lapped up with reports of Pellegrini being offered to take over. The press questioned Bobby in most press interviews regarding the situation to which Bobby brushed aside.
But this must have irritated Bobby, it would anyone, but that is the nature of the game now it seems.

In the build up to the game yesterday it emerged earlier on that in fact Pellegrini had accepted the job and would arrive in the summer. The Spanish press again reporting that it was sealed, Pellegrini although not admitting was known to have spoken to his players. This so called appointment also came with the news that Isco would follow Pellegrini as part of him taking the manager's job at City.

With the game drawing near the players and Bobby arrived at Wembley, and then a short while after it showed both Bobby and Khaldoon stood side by side on the pitch - now due to the news that had broken prior to the game I could have been looking for signs, but it did seem that their was a slight frostyness between the pair as they stood together, facial expression on both parties looked as though it was them trying to show a statement of everything was okay, but it didn't (not to me anyway)

Now in the FA Cup final yesterday, our manager & our players would have been well aware of how Wigan play, but would have also been aware of the injuries to their squad which meant they were not at 100%. The showing by our players was shocking, it was flat footed and at times reflecting back you would think that we were the team fighting relegation and Wigan the ones with the vastly assembled squad.
The question we have to ask is why, for whatever reason could the players not pick themselves up for an FA Cup final - the most prestigous cup final in World football. And although the players are to blame so is Bobby, because after that 1st half display it is his job to speak to the players and give them the kick up the backside and make them rectify the sitaution in the 2nd half, that it was he is paid to do.

But it never happened and Wigan again controlled the game and as this was going on and the rain was coming down the camera panned to Khaldoon & Soriano who were sat in the stands and they did not look happy with what they had seen - and rightly so.
Wigan went on to secure the win, and as hard as it is to say it, they bloody deserved to win.

Now I am a supporter of Bobby as he is our manager, he has brought us silverware which is what we as fans had craved for, for a hell of a long time. Now that this has arrived our expectations will increase - something that some of us Blues have not had to deal with as we were used to yo-yoing up and down like a bloody fairground ride - but we stuck with the club and the players because we loved our club.

I was in agreement that Bobby should have at the very least one more season, but looking in hindsight what would that ultimately achieve. Will Bobby change his way of tactics ? Will he change the way in which he prepares the team for europe ? Will he still hold strong on the formations he thinks will improve the squad ? Will he bring through any of the talented youth players next season or instead want multiple major signings? There are many more questions all which have question marks against them

During his time at Inter, Bobby became their most successful manager winning three consecutive Serie A titles and two Italian Cups, and won almost 62% of his 226 games at the helm. But his downfall at Inter was his lack of winning the champions league. After winning those titles within his time at Inter they still sacked him after the game against Liverpool following statements by Bobby to the press.

It showed that no matter how much silverware a manager achieves they too along with the players are not bigger than the club, and the Inter president acted in the best interests of the club by dismissing Bobby.

After the FA cup final another bloody report came out stating that Bobby had made critical remarks towards the hierachy at our club....and rightly so because it was over the so called Pellegrini rumours.

But the problem is that the players along with Bobby are professional's in their own right and these rumours should not have affected their game on the day.

What I ask for now is a statement from the City board, someone needs to come out and either put all this rumour nonsense to bed or state which direction the board is going in in terms of a new manager if that is the case.

So, come on Soriano or Khaldoon let us fans know what is happening, so the bloody press can stop reporting rumours which have ultimately de-stabilised the squad in what was one of the most important games of the season.

I want Bobby to but unfortunately it looks like he is on his way out. Thing that gets me though is why are we not in for Martinez? stay

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.