Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Project said:
You know, I feel some of you are losing the plot a little.

People are upset about yesterday. I understand that. We lost a cup final. But the way in which we are looking for people to blame and in particular, rounding on Ferran and Txiki is quite frankly bizarre. Take a step back and a deep breath and think about what the fuck some of you are saying.

It is quite clear that the decision was taken some time ago to replace Mancini with Pellegrini. Now, how do you handle this? Do you try to sow up the deal in the background before informing people so as to not distract on the teams performances? Or do you tell the press every step of the way during negotiations? It seems like most of you think it should be the latter. Crazy. What exactly were you expecting after the news reports broke? For Ferran to come out and say actually yes, we are looking for a new manager and Mancini is gone? The day of the Cup final? Really?

These guys are professional. They believe there are better managerial options and have gone about securing one of those options, without feeling the need to brief the press.

There is also this view that the hierarchy should have waited until the season was done before negotiating with another manager. As if by doing so was somehow not classy. Firstly, get real - this is how the world works. Secondly, I assume these are the same people who ranted at Marwood for not getting the transfer business concluded earlier enough last season.

Yesterday wasn't a great day, but we will move on. Surely after everything Khaldoon has done that has been right he can be afforded a degree of trust. We are a club that is in great hands. Yet the flapping on here has been unbelievable.

What we are witnessing in the press and Twitter today will be long forgotten, much like Hughes was.
Good post.

I'm not entirely convinced we are in for Pellegrini and it seems a very high risk strategy, but I accept that if a decision has been made to change manager you have to act.

Ancient Citizen said:
Project said:
Ancient Citizen said:
Must be the shit players he got the 'Best' out of then, Ronaldo, Alonso, Kaka and Benzema went backwards, so did he, he ended up managing lesser teams. Mourinho didn't seem to have the same problems.
He's won shedloads though, so he's obviously a twat.

Funny, I remember Real playing some scintillating football and finishing on 99 points. Just happened to be runners up to the greatest club side ever witnessed.

They did indeed, though if you substitute Mancini for Pelligrini at the time, after spending a club record on players, he would be called a bellend. Runners up is apparently OK in this case but not in ours. Losing to a second division side, is also fine as the football was scintillating.
A pattern is starting to emerge.

If we lost out to United but finished with a record points total (as Pellegrini did with Real) I am sure Mancini would have been provided a bit more leeway. But not recording a single CL win and the title being over with a month to spare, I fail to see the similarities.

I'm a fan of Mancini, I really am. But I totally understand the boards rationale for wanting to move on.

There seems to be a lot of questioning around the future of the manager, but this is only one of a number of very big questions hanging over the club at present:-

Who will be our manager next season?
Who do we want to buy in the transfer window?
Who are we going to sell or release from the playing & coaching staff?
How much can we afford to spend?
And no doubt lots more besides…….

The only thing we can be absolutely sure of is that the decisions are already made, it’s just that we don’t know what they are or when they will be announced….

What we also know is that the people tasked with running the club, can and will make big decisions with little regard for what the press and possibly the fans think.

Look at the appointments they made in terms of head coaches whilst at Barcelona.

Firstly they appointed Rijkaard who was at the time out of work, having been sacked when his previous team Sparta Rotterdam were relegated……. he had at that point in has careers never won anything as a coach.

He went on to build a team that won lots of trophies……… including the champions league.

When they had a spell without winning trophies they replaced him, not with a big name but with a coach who had no track record at the top level, having only coached the Barca B team for one year ( albeit they did get promotion)!!

He had never coached in a single game in the top division he had no European pedigree and no one had ever heard of him ( well possibly as a player), yet they still appointed him.

I don’t need to list Pep’s track record, as I suspect everyone knows how he did………

So they have a history of appointing great coaches who the fans would probably not want if they only asked themselves so what have they ever won?

So how did these decisions work out for them?

Well if we judge them on results on the pitch you could say it went pretty well….

If you judge them on the clubs financial performance again you would have to say it went pretty well too…….

They are either the luckiest people in football, or they can spot talent……

You choose which ever fits your own agenda, but they have arguably the best track record in appointing successful head coaches in football today.

Well maybe only if you measure success by the amount of trophies the club wins and the growth of the club in commercial terms………

This summer will be interesting and we can be certain of one thing, there will be changes, some of which may not be universally popular. But they will be made in the best interests of the club by people who know what they are doing.

abu13 said:
The thing that hit home to me about mancini was a comment a rag made to me this morning.

If he stays for another season how many points do I think we would get both home and away to Everton, Sunderland, swansea, Southampton and Stoke.

30 points up for grabs and a team that would win the league would be looking to plick up maybe 23+ points, 1 loss and two draws.

Have to say that I doubt we would get this. He then asked if I would put £50 on us getting through the group stages of the CL, again I can't say I would be confident.

With the squad we have we should be able to hit both of these targets, under mancini I doubt we will and the main reason is he will not learn from previous failings.
It's not like for like. Manure didn't have Dortmund, Ajax & Real in their group for a start. Also I'm confident that with the right acqusitions & player sales that our squad will be infinitely stronger next season than this.

A Rag said to me at the beginning of this season, 'Have you improved your team for this season'? I coneded no. He then stated the obvious when he said 'Well with Kagawa & RVP we have. You may have had a better 1st 11 than us last season, but we had a stronger squad, but this season I reckon our 1st team is as good as yours & our squad is still stronger, so I can only see one Premiere League winner & it aint gonna be City'. Unfortunately I was forced to agree.

Even the Rags knew we fucked up last summer when we didn't sufficiently strengthen, because they've been there before & know what it takes. Let's see what they've got to say at the start of next season.

Project said:

People are upset about yesterday. I understand that. We lost a cup final. But the way in which we are looking for people to bl in particular, rounding on Ferran and Txiki is quite frankly bizarre. Take a step back and a deep breath and think about what the fuck some of you are saying.

It is quite clear that the decision was taken some time ago to replace Mancini with Pellegrini. Now, how do you handle this? Do you try to sow up the deal in the background before informing people so as to not distract on the teams performances? Or do you tell the press every step of the way during negotiations? It seems like most of you think it should be the latter. Crazy. What exactly were you expecting after the news reports broke? For Ferran to come out and say actually yes, we are looking for a new manager and Mancini is gone? The day of the Cup final? Really?

These guys are professional. They believe there are better managerial options and have gone about securing one of those options, without feeling the need to brief the press.

There is also this view that the hierarchy should have waited until the season was done before negotiating with another manager. As if by doing so was somehow not classy. Firstly, get real - this is how the world works. Secondly, I assume these are the same people who ranted at Marwood for not getting the transfer business concluded earlier enough last season.

Yesterday wasn't a great day, but we will move on. Surely after everything Khaldoon has done that has been right he can be afforded a degree of trust. We are a club that is in great hands. Yet the flapping on here has been unbelievable.

What we are witnessing in the press and Twitter today will be long forgotten, much like Hughes was.

Well said pal, its not so bad as we will be back at wembley soon enough.....unlike the years past when we had to wait 30 odd years. Disappointed with the lads, hopefully they will take a long hard luck at themselves.

Only good can come from situations like these, a learning process for ALL at City.

Project said:
The difference is Abramovic was very forthright in his intentions, hence the interim manager title. That pissed off Benitez but crucially the press also had a field day and Abramovic came under heavy criticism, arguably the worst since he arrived here.

People can't have it both ways. If the owners are open about plans they will get criticised. If they're quiet they get criticised. Me personally, I prefer the quiet and decisive route.

The problem though is that it is nigh on impossible to keep these kind of things under wraps.

What has disappointed me is that although I fully expected Bob to move on this summer, I actually thought we might have done it amicably. The comments over the last few days about him resigning etc seemed to imply we'd sorted it nicely however that all went out of the window with Bob's post match comments.

I'm quite excited about MP taking over, don't know huge amounts about him, but always good to read that Barca are sniffing and Chelsea had been interested. Some of the info posted about his tactics and gameplans seem like he knows his onions.

I like bobby and he will always be regarded highly by most City fans, but if we have to move on then so be it.

Do I want Pellegrini well I don't know too much about him but if he becomes our manager then gets my full support.

Yesterday the players let us down because speculation or not they are professionals paid a fantastic wage and they should just do their job. We all have issues to deal with in life but if we let it get in the way of work we are disciplined so its about time these players hold their hands up.

If these players wanted Bobby to stay they did a very poor job of showing it yesterday.

CTID whoever is our boss.

Mancini can fuck off after yesterday, publicly stating that Pantyman would play yet he drops him for Hart. I can only remember one chance and I'd be amazed if we had more than 40% possession, unsure if Pelle's the man(I'd go for Quietdrup.) but Mancini has to go.

Project said:
Ancient Citizen said:
Project said:
Funny, I remember Real playing some scintillating football and finishing on 99 points. Just happened to be runners up to the greatest club side ever witnessed.

They did indeed, though if you substitute Mancini for Pelligrini at the time, after spending a club record on players, he would be called a bellend. Runners up is apparently OK in this case but not in ours. Losing to a second division side, is also fine as the football was scintillating.
A pattern is starting to emerge.

If we lost out to United but finished with a record points total (as Pellegrini did with Real) I am sure Mancini would have been provided a bit more leeway. But not recording a single CL win and the title being over with a month to spare, I fail to see the similarities.

I'm a fan of Mancini, I really am. But I totally understand the boards rationale for wanting to move on.

And I am not a hater of Pelligrini, he may be our salvation, what is puzzling is why people want Mancini out and replaced by a manager with a background no better than Moyes or Redknapp. The other names mentioned ad nauseum on here seem far better candidates to me, if we are to replace, but the two amigos are convinced of Pelligrini, so let's see. If they get this wrong and we win fuck all next year this thread will be on fire.

Project said:

People are upset about yesterday. I understand that. We lost a cup final. But the way in which we are looking for people to blame and in particular, rounding on Ferran and Txiki is quite frankly bizarre. Take a step back and a deep breath and think about what the fuck some of you are saying.

Great post mate.

Txiki and soriano come out of this with great deal of credit in my eyes. From what I hear they had to act decisively to head of barca. If they've done that then they've done well.

Hopefully rm will get a send off by the fans next week, then onwards and upwards for mcfc. I see exciting times ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.