Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Update - sorry if already posted

According to sources close to the deal, Pellegrini has verbally agreed to take over from Mancini once City exercise a €4million clause in his contract with the Champions League quarter-finalists. “I don’t think any of us really want to leave Malaga,” said Pellegrini yesterday. “Everyone would prefer to stay but, unfortunately, the circumstances we are in don’t allow that.”

It is understood that City exchanged contracts with Pellegrini's lawyers last week though the those have yet to be formally signed. Inherently conservative in their approach to such matters, that City accelerated their courtship of the Chilean in FA Cup Final is a response to competing interest from Barcelona.

Early last week, Barcelona asked to be informed of Pellegrini's intentions for next season amidst internal concerns over Tito Vilanova's ability to continue as coach. When City learned of Barca's approach they immediately moved to avoid losing the South American to the La Liga champions-elect.

City's board met on Saturday morning, with senior officials declining to confirm or deny that a deal was now in place with Pellegrini. They did, though, recognise that Mancini's performance was under review following a season in which the Premier League's most expensively assembled and best paid squad was knocked out of the Champions League at the group stage and meekly ceded the domestic title.

City's Spanish executives Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain have been preparing to replace Mancini as manager for months now. In February, The Sunday Times revealed that the pair had informed Pellegrini he was their preferred candidate after double Champions League winner Pep Guardiola chose to join Bayern Munich ahead of City.

gelly said:
Bayern handled their change over with finesse.

Heynckes has been fuming mate. Press conferences have been very awkward. Plus when he caught wind of them negotiating with Guardiola last year he started to pre empt the announcement by saying he was leaving at the end of the season. So its not a comparable situation to what we have here.

Also lets not forget, MP is currently in a job elsewhere, whereas Guardiola was a free agent. People somehow think we should come out and say we are courting a manager who is already employed. This view baffles me in all honesty.

Who ever let the cat out of the bag the day before FA cup final needs firing. Talk about shooting ourself in the foot, f@cking clowns.

BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:
Oh come on. Great credit? Negotiate and get your man in by all means I'm fine with that. Oversee a media shitstorm that makes us look like fucking amateurs? I'm sure Khaldoon was overjoyed by the speculation swirling round him with the worlds media looking on. Not part of the masterplan I would suggest.

As for that Barca bollocks. Give me a break. We have been talking to the guy since February and we 'just had to tie it up the day before the Cup final'? Yeah right. And the reason why you couldn't keep the deal quiet until the day after the cup final would be? Answers on a fucking postcard.
Yeah, txiki and soriano are the first to football chief execs with the ability to silence the whole world. They should have got an inter continental super injunction, eh?

Not having lunch in public with his agent during Cup Final week would have been a fucking start. That alone sparked off a round of speculation and even if it was nothing to do with Pellegrini knowing that you were fully intended to hire him meant that maybe giving lunch a miss wouldn't be a bad idea. Naive. Stupid. Take your pick. I called it when it happened and I'm doubling down on it now.
There were a lot more rumours from a.lot more sources than just that lunch. It is regrettable that they were spotted but at the time it only caused a ripple in the press. But shit happens. Mancini had accepted our job before Hughes had been sacked. I didn't think that was immoral at the time, even though we had exactly the same hand-wringing from fans then. Mancini lives by the sword and he does by the sword.

City fans carping about the 'way this has been done' is the same carping you get when you dump your girlfriend as a teenager. 'Why did you have to do it by telephone?' 'Why just before my birthday?' It doesn't fucking matter how it was done, that's just a red herring to the real issue.

Mancini's bitching about the board and Marwood, and making disrespectful comments about txiki and soriano, has come back to bite him in the arse.

'I don't answer to them. Only khaldoon' he smirked in the middle of one of his recent 'its not my fault' interviews.

Well it looks like txiki got the last laugh,

Project said:
gelly said:
Bayern handled their change over with finesse.

Heynckes has been fuming mate. Press conferences have been very awkward. Plus when he caught wind of them negotiating with Guardiola last year he started to pre empt the announcement by saying he was leaving at the end of the season. So its not a comparable situation to what we have here.

Also lets not forget, MP is currently in a job elsewhere, whereas Guardiola was a free agent. People somehow think we should come out and say we are courting a manager who is already employed. This view baffles me in all honesty.

I think your last comment is bang on and seems to have been forgotten by many (me included).

Brendan110_0 said:
Who ever let the cat out of the bag the day before FA cup final needs firing. Talk about shooting ourself in the foot, f@cking clowns.

Ask yourself who would have anything to gain from making it public.

Mancini himself?

Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Yeah, txiki and soriano are the first to football chief execs with the ability to silence the whole world. They should have got an inter continental super injunction, eh?

Not having lunch in public with his agent during Cup Final week would have been a fucking start. That alone sparked off a round of speculation and even if it was nothing to do with Pellegrini knowing that you were fully intended to hire him meant that maybe giving lunch a miss wouldn't be a bad idea. Naive. Stupid. Take your pick. I called it when it happened and I'm doubling down on it now.
There were a lot more rumours from a.lot more sources than just that lunch. It is regrettable that they were spotted but at the time it only caused a ripple in the press. But shit happens. Mancini had accepted our job before Hughes had been sacked. I didn't think that was immoral at the time, even though we had exactly the same hand-wringing from fans then. Mancini lives by the sword and he does by the sword.

City fans carping about the 'way this has been done' is the same carping you get when you dump your girlfriend as a teenager. 'Why did you have to do it by telephone?' 'Why just before my birthday?' It doesn't fucking matter how it was done, that's just a red herring to the real issue.

Mancini's bitching about the board and Marwood, and making disrespectful comments about txiki and soriano, has come back to bite him in the arse.

'I don't answer to them. Only khaldoon' he smirked in the middle of one of his recent 'its not my fault' interviews.

Well it looks like txiki got the last laugh,

I asked Castles and other guys and they all were laughing that he said something so naive. Txiki and Soriano are above him and always were.

Brendan110_0 said:

It would not surprise me a few conspiracy theories and paper speculations happening over the Summer if Pellegrini gets appointed, because many could see what happened on Friday as a coincidental leak to destabilise Mancini and the team to get him out.

Mabe a little over the top and extreme, but nonetheless possible.

Why did the club not come out and rubbish the claims on Saturday morning? It was suicide almost letting the media speculate whilst the cup final was being played.

If the rumours are to be true, why didn't the board contact the media to hold back any headlines, rubbish the rumours for the time being, but then offer them a big story in the week, the story being the truth about Pellegrini?

As an Inner, I've conceded defeat. The King is dead, long live the King as they say.

I hope Pelligrini will take us forward and he will get my full support. I will not behave as churlishly as some did when Hughes went and Mancini came in.

Thanks for all you've done for us Bob, will always be a legend in my eyes and will no doubt win trophies for whoever he manages. Good luck Mancio.

sam-caddick said:
Brendan110_0 said:

It would not surprise me a few conspiracy theories and paper speculations happening over the Summer if Pellegrini gets appointed, because many could see what happened on Friday as a coincidental leak to destabilise Mancini and the team to get him out.

Mabe a little over the top and extreme, but nonetheless possible.

Why did the club not come out and rubbish the claims on Saturday morning? It was suicide almost letting the media speculate whilst the cup final was being played.

If the rumours are to be true, why didn't the board contact the media to hold back any headlines, rubbish the rumours for the time being, but then offer them a big story in the week, the story being the truth about Pellegrini?

Ian Ladyboy said on Sunday Supp that the club are good at steering the press and they have not given any steer on MP. He said: draw your own conclusions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.