Mancini Protest

Rammy Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mancini's intentions can't be rubbished, he went 4-4-2 and didn't want to change a winning team.

However, he showed his lack of nous, failing to change things quickly enough in the first half hour.

You can get away with 4-4-2 against 60-70 odd per cent of the Premier League, but against five man midfields of United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal, forget it.

This is where his lack of understanding about the Premier League will lead to his downfall.

Scholes was man of the match in the second leg of the Carling Cup at swamp.

I thought De Jong was magnificent, but he was fighting a losing battle due to the dual combination of the formation and Barry's lack of vitality.

I get where you are coming from Tolm but who should he have taken off?

It's alright everyone saying we should have had a 5 man midfield but how could Bob drop Tevez or Ade after the last few games?

As it happens I don't think Carlos was fit/healthy, he definitely had to go to bench to take a tablet for something in the first half hour - anyone else notice this?

I did see this too. Think it was a salt tablet.

He should have taken Johnson off very early. I rate him very highly, but he was not what was called for.

Vieira should have been in the middle alongside De Jong and Barry.

Chesley Sullenberger said:
It is time to get this man out, his negative tactics cost us yesterday, i know he brought on SWP, but taking of Johnsen was a terrible decision as he was our best player.

It is time for a visual protest, i know it would be copying them, but i think we should have some sort of coloured flag campaign.

In my opinion it should be Welsh flags, or indeed Welsh colours, but my opinions on Hughes are not welcomed here.

Those who believe that Mancini it the man to bring us forward are looking through blue tinted glasses..that man cost us yesterday, that man must go.

..on a side point i hope he loses than bloody scarf now...makes him a laughing stock.

what has wales got to do with manchester city?

chill out chaps.....

devestated to lose AGAIN to the scum in the last seconds of the last minute of extra time.

Yes it was a shame bellers tried a world class pass that gave posession away, though if we had finished better or even with more fortune the minute before it would have been irrelevant as we would have won it.

after all the hype (we're going to dick 'em 4-0 and really show them we've arrived) nonsense of the last week the game was an inevitable let down - draw would have been a fair result but the "yeah but what if, what if, what if" could just go on and on to "what if we'd decided to kick the other way in the first half so they weren't attacking their own fans in the last minute"

To talk about mancini out protests is just plain idiotic. We are on the edge of a chumps league spot and have just been squeezed out of a point by the scum in the last minute....should have concentrated more? should have scored before? should have started with swp? should have man marked scholes? should have killed that muppet neville? should have broken rooney's ankle?

A couple of weeks ago all the results went for us and we shot up in to 4th. this weekend it all went tits up and we're back down in 5th....a shame, but not over yet.

fans need to keep the faith and continue the fabulous support and atmosphere shown on sunday (well done to the chaps off here who really got the ticker tape and streamer thing going which was awesome - well done!)

two enormous home games against spurs and villa, two difficult away trips to the arse and wham.... this was never going to be and is still not an easy run in to the end of a season where we are teetering on the edge of a wonderful transformation - don't let's f*ck it up with a ridiculous "mancini out" load of nonsense...

rant over for now...<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:42 am --<br /><br />saturday, not sunday!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Rammy Blue said:
I get where you are coming from Tolm but who should he have taken off?

It's alright everyone saying we should have had a 5 man midfield but how could Bob drop Tevez or Ade after the last few games?

As it happens I don't think Carlos was fit/healthy, he definitely had to go to bench to take a tablet for something in the first half hour - anyone else notice this?

He should have taken Johnson off very early. I rate him very highly, but he was not what was called for.

That is what I thought pre game but can you imagine if we still had't won. This place would have been in meltdown with people complaining about defensive tactics, three defensive midfielders, why change a winning team etc.

Mancini is paid to take these hard decisions and imo he should have gone with a more conservative lineup. It's not as if Tevez, Ade and Bellamy couldn't have given them plenty of trouble.

If my memory serves me right we had a fairly defensive lineup at Chelsea but Tevez and Bellamy were enough to get the job done there.

robbieh said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

That is what I thought pre game but can you imagine if we still had't won. This place would have been in meltdown with people complaining about defensive tactics, three defensive midfielders, why change a winning team etc.

Mancini is paid to take these hard decisions and imo he should have gone with a more conservative lineup. It's not as if Tevez, Ade and Bellamy couldn't have given them plenty of trouble.

If my memory serves me right we had a fairly defensive lineup at Chelsea but Tevez and Bellamy were enough to get the job done there.

Although not a game for AJ it still doesn't cover who would have been left out, Tevez or Ade?

Bringing Vieira in would have been 3 central midfielders with no right winger, only option being Tevez asked to play wide right which would have been barmy.

As I said yesterday Bob was between a rock and a hard place, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Rammy Blue said:
robbieh said:

Although not a game for AJ it still doesn't cover who would have been left out, Tevez or Ade?

Bringing Vieira in would have been 3 central midfielders with no right winger, only option being Tevez asked to play wide right which would have been barmy.

As I said yesterday Bob was between a rock and a hard place, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Not really, Bellamy should have gone to the right, Barry wider left of midfield.

Tevez in the hole behind Ade. It was screaming out for it.

robbieh said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I thought he played the right game. Both our centre mids were great, but had an uphill task. Mancini has gone up in my estimation since arriving.

For me, i thought the front 2 didn't do enough. I not going to slag them, as they have been top draw recently, and showed what quality they have, but on this occasion, they didn't do it. Not enough retention of the ball and some poor desicion making.

One ok game doesn't make them bad players, as i still think they are brilliant, but they just didn't perform to their potenial on saturday.

Arsenal on saturday, and i can see us bouncing back, and a game which is made for Nige.

Sorry in advance for the long negative post! (postive point 3rd para from end :-) )

OK - I've calmed down a bit since Saturday so hopefully can say this with a little perspective and fewer ....... expletives.

Firstly I am not a Mancini Out advocate - we'll I might have been on Saturday but that was in the heat of the moment!

I was disappointed (Much stronger emotion than that actually felt at the time) with what appeared to be our game plan on Saturday. I realise what is at stake is more important than beating United but this was a Derby and we have been scoring goals for fun recently - yes, I know against far inferior opposition but we were passing and moving better than we have all season and because we were pushing the opposition back, and our front men and midfield were closing them down when we didn't have the ball our defence had less to do - and lets face it the less they have to do the better!

I for one would have still been disappointed with a point on Saturday because of the way we played. At first I thought Tevez must be injured or sick because of his complete lack of interest. But I soon realised that it was because of the game plan - he knew we were not going to go for it and you could see he was pissed off about it!

I have been to Derby's in the past where we have had a far inferior team to the one that was on the pitch on Saturday and we have won because we were trying to win and the players gave their all for that cause!

I can not get behind the decision to play for a draw and perhaps nick a goal if we're really lucky - not for a Derby, not at Home, and not with the team we have. Jesus if we don't think we have any chance to beat them now (without parking the bus) who the .... do we have to buy before our manager say's ok boys' go out and have a go.

I'm sorry but Mancini said he understood what a Derby means to the fans. I'm sorry but he can't possibly understand if Saturday's tactics were anything to go by. I for one am not interested in stifling the .... out of games until the opposition becomes bored or frustrated then sneaking a goal from somewhere - I'd move to Italy if I was. That's not why I watch football. I want to be entertained - yes even if we lose. If were not good enough to beat them yet then that's fine but to not even try and beat them is just BS IMO. I was not even surprised when they scored it was (to me at least) inevitable! Win or lose I want to be able to come out of a game and say we gave it a right good go but I couldn't do that on Saturday. All I could say was the Manager was after a point and we ...... it up!

I think you can pick a team up from a defeat where the players were out played. I would say it is harder to do when half of the players were not allowed to play their game. Look what Hughes did to Stephan Ireland.

There was one positive. The tactics did allow one player to shine:

I thought Nigel De Jong was oustanding!

I would dearly love to get the inside story on the game plan for Saturday - just what were the players told to do. Maybe I have it completely wrong and Mancini told them to stick a bagfull past United and it was just the players that had an off day. It just didn't look that way to me!

I felt that I didn't get my money's worth on Saturday! Makes me wonder what I would think if I'd spent £200m+ instead of £86!

Don't know If I was the only one to grimace at the irony of the song we play at the final whistle!

Sorry for that Rant but I've been bottling it up for a couple of days now!

Feel better now - thanks for ignoring me!

Chesley Sullenberger said:
It is time to get this man out, his negative tactics cost us yesterday, i know he brought on SWP, but taking of Johnsen was a terrible decision as he was our best player.

It is time for a visual protest, i know it would be copying them, but i think we should have some sort of coloured flag campaign.

In my opinion it should be Welsh flags, or indeed Welsh colours, but my opinions on Hughes are not welcomed here.

Those who believe that Mancini it the man to bring us forward are looking through blue tinted glasses..that man cost us yesterday, that man must go.

..on a side point i hope he loses than bloody scarf now...makes him a laughing stock.
Bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.