Mancini puts Onouha back in the First Team Squad

He's not likely to get many games unless he really shines in training. He's 3rd choice RB and either 4th or 5th choice CB (depending on how Savic shapes up).

Having said all that, for that sort of back-up position an "average" premier league defender is all that is required. He's perfectly capable of playing in defence against mid-low table teams after a tough midweek CL match. It's a bonus that he is home-grown, academy trained and a blue to boot.

For all those saying "he's not good enough for where we want to go" I call bollocks. We can't have people in the squad as 3rd/4th choices for a role on mega money with FFPR kicking in soon. Provided he can accept a minor squad role and the wages that go with it then he is ideal for the reasons listed above. On the plus side, he may turn out to be a late developer as his early years were blighted with injury - that would be a big bonus.

Personally I hope him and Bobby have buried the hatchet and something can be worked out. Yeah, he screwed up but other players have done similar (or worse - Tevez) and got their second chances.

Onuoha was to join Bolton on deadline day after they sold Cahill to Spurs. But Cahill to Spurs fell through, leaving City to try and thrash out a late loan deal with Everton for Nedum. There wasn't enough time left to complete negotiations though (with arguments over subsidising wages) so he remains and is being given a chance to impress by Bob - looks like Bridge won't be awarded the same chance.

Originals said:
This hasn't got anything to do with how he's raised or how anyone is raised. If he wants a chance at a club he shouldn't let his mum go reporting more bad press about us, simply really isn't it. He and Mancini fell out basically over what happened with him mouthing off, yet he lets his mum do it.
Actually it does. CIty is not more important than family. And no matter what kind of chance he wants, it should never, I repeat NEVER be a requirement to coverup the Idiocy of someone in the organization. If Cook truly acted like a dick, then Cook! And not Nedum, should have to deal with the consequence.

I don't know about you, but the bad press is NOT about us, it is about a CIty employee called Cook! I guess your point here is if Cook rapes a secretary who loves City, she should shut it if she wants to continue to have a job at CIty? That is just ludicrous thinking!

And by the way, Ned and Mancini did not fall out over what he said. That is just a lie City fans often tell themselves to justify their not having to care about a player deemed expendable. Mancini from JUMP decided Nedum wasn't in his plans, and there is nothing wrong with that. Perhaps the club got too big to quick, and Nedum is not a top end player. No shame in that, he can be moved on. He was loaned out, and they tried desperately to move him on. But in the period in between trying to find him a place away from the club, the club acted like any other organization. Like dicks who give no shaite about players deemed not good enough. And Ned is right to point it out.

Ned is not the first player who has been treated this way and wouldn't be the last. Nor is City the first organization to act this way nor will it be the last. City fans should stop being blinded by support, so much so they can't point out a wrong when they see one. No locker, train with kids, shut up about the email! I mean, damn! We know he ain't no star, but treat the man with a little decency! He once gave sweat for the club when we were nothing. How soon we forget :(

It appears to be Mancini's style that he doesn't dedicate alot of time to the one on ones especially those he considers will not be part of his plans for the future.

You can sugarcoat it all you like but if your not in his plans its unlkely you will asked to come around RM's for dinner to discuss your future.

Either he has difficulty telling a player you are no longer required or he just couldn't be bothered.

Nothing untoward about this style so long as he is consistent with all concerned.

As Ade, Bellamy , Nedum and to a lesser extent SWP in the guise of IWP have all said the same so it appears to be the case he is.

WB and RSC just haven't winged a great deal to the press if at all.

Nedum is in the squad and has the chance to stake his case.

He knows there are players ahead of him and its up to him to convince those that decide the team on match days that he is worth game time.

BlueJill said:
ghost305 said:
i dont get this, if they didn't want him, why not sell him?

Um i am pretty sure they tried pretty fucking hard.

It's clear you're a 'hater', but have you thought to get it into your skull, that they could have just let him go for free?? Selling him, means he's valuable to some degree, doesn't it??

Dax777 said:
Originals said:
This hasn't got anything to do with how he's raised or how anyone is raised. If he wants a chance at a club he shouldn't let his mum go reporting more bad press about us, simply really isn't it. He and Mancini fell out basically over what happened with him mouthing off, yet he lets his mum do it.
Actually it does. CIty is not more important than family. And no matter what kind of chance he wants, it should never, I repeat NEVER be a requirement to coverup the Idiocy of someone in the organization. If Cook truly acted like a dick, then Cook! And not Nedum, should have to deal with the consequence.

I don't know about you, but the bad press is NOT about us, it is about a CIty employee called Cook! I guess your point here is if Cook rapes a secretary who loves City, she should shut it if she wants to continue to have a job at CIty? That is just ludicrous thinking!

And by the way, Ned and Mancini did not fall out over what he said. That is just a lie City fans often tell themselves to justify their not having to care about a player deemed expendable. Mancini from JUMP decided Nedum wasn't in his plans, and there is nothing wrong with that. Perhaps the club got too big to quick, and Nedum is not a top end player. No shame in that, he can be moved on. He was loaned out, and they tried desperately to move him on. But in the period in between trying to find him a place away from the club, the club acted like any other organization. Like dicks who give no shaite about players deemed not good enough. And Ned is right to point it out.

Ned is not the first player who has been treated this way and wouldn't be the last. Nor is City the first organization to act this way nor will it be the last. City fans should stop being blinded by support, so much so they can't point out a wrong when they see one. No locker, train with kids, shut up about the email! I mean, damn! We know he ain't no star, but treat the man with a little decency! He once gave sweat for the club when we were nothing. How soon we forget :(

'Kin 'ell, Dax, that was totally epic in summation.

Well done!!

Dax777 said:
Originals said:

Quality post Dax! You went in!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.