Mancini puts Onouha back in the First Team Squad

The way Nedum was treated along with bridge pre season was
Nothing short of a Disgrace. I fear this was now cook/marwood instigated. I can understand the likes of Ade and Bellamy being left out as they are known to cause trouble around the place. How the club chose to take Veseli ahead of ned leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Don't give me the nonsense regarding nedums interview on soccer am as he apologised to bobby in person and his proffesionalism has never been doubted. He is a blue and used to be loved on here by all posters. It's such a shame the majority now regard him as a prick as we have better quality players. He comes from a good family and is a good kid as well as a life long blue. He deserves a break and a proper crack at the whip. He has a lot of potential, and a lot of time for people.

from Ian Herbert in The Independent
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/onuoha-gets-second-chance-in-city-squad-from-mancini-2350211.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 50211.html</a>

Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha, whose mother's correspondence with Garry Cook has left the chief executive with a slim hold on his job, is to be brought back into manager Roberto Mancini's plans for this season.

The 24-year-old wanted to leave City in the summer, having long despaired of regular first-team football, but the club's failure to agree a move to Everton, Blackburn Rovers or Queen's Park Rangers, has led the former England under-21 international to seek discussions with Mancini and earn a second chance. Mancini, who lacks home-grown players for his Champions League squad quota, is keen to take that opportunity and give the defender another chance.

It means that Onuoha will no longer be with the City reserves set-up and is likely to take a place in the first-team squad when City's campaign restarts at home to Wigan Athletic on Saturday. Onuoha's fellow defender Wayne Bridge, another of the higher profile players who failed to secure a move away from City, remains out of the picture.

Onuoha has always believed that City should not squander the work done at their Academy while seeking Champions League and Premier League success. He went on loan to Sunderland last season but a permanent move was not forthcoming.

Nedum was left out because we wanted rid of him, same with Ade and Bellamy. Veseli has a better chance of making it at City, Nedum has had his chances and failed or been injuried.

I think he was quite basically for the limit to do with home grown players in your squads. We don't seem to have many at the moment.

If he was a lifelong blue his Mum shouldn't come out in the press about the Cook thing. If I was him I'd of told her to keep it shut. Having time for people doesn't make you a good footballer really

El Kun said:
The way Nedum was treated along with bridge pre season was
Nothing short of a Disgrace. I fear this was now cook/marwood instigated. I can understand the likes of Ade and Bellamy being left out as they are known to cause trouble around the place. How the club chose to take Veseli ahead of ned leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Don't give me the nonsense regarding nedums interview on soccer am as he apologised to bobby in person and his proffesionalism has never been doubted. He is a blue and used to be loved on here by all posters. It's such a shame the majority now regard him as a prick as we have better quality players. He comes from a good family and is a good kid as well as a life long blue. He deserves a break and a proper crack at the whip. He has a lot of potential, and a lot of time for people.
I think you are missing the point. The reason why they were left out of preseason was to send the message that they needed to find themselves new clubs. It wasn't solely because a few were disruptive.

There's probably a lot we don't yet know re: why Bridge and Ned were frozen out.

At a risk of putting 2 and 2 together to make 5, I'd venture that the repeated leaking of inside / dressing room secrets has something to do with it.

Bridge in particular, since he doesn't have the ability to play in the current (or previous) first team.

My opnion anyway.

Andouble said:
he should have been in the squad and training with the team from the first day of pre-season and in the States. He's not in the plans, you say? Well Ryan f*cking McGivern and Viseli aren't in the plans either yet they come along. I'm not even a big Onuoha fan but the way he and Bridge etc have been treated as if they're not even allowed at Carrington has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Oh Yes!!! This This and Fucking more of this!!! I can't understand how City fans can't see how poor our clubs decisions were to treat them like absolute shaite!

And then we turn around and moan when Tevez puts in a Transfer request? Both sides (players and Management) have shown a capacity to be shitty. I for one never support management moves against individuals. I am all for buying great players to join us and all.

But I am totally against trying to get some player to take a pay cut to go play somewhere else. As I know I will never do it.

Matter of fact, what Bellamy did is in my opinion the best way to act in your interest. Screw the fans. If the club decides you are no longer wanted, then it is time to think singularly about yourself. Just like coaches get their payout when they are fired mid-contract, players should always demand the same.

Coach! You don't want me no more? Okay, I will seat at home and collect the rest of my 90k a week for 2 years, or Pay off the 90K and I'll go somewhere else, or Pay a majority of my 90k paycheck and I will go play for love at my hometown Div 2 club.

But one option that will never, never cross my mind, is taking a pay cut to help a team that just deemed me trash and unwanted. Hell NO!!! Not Even if it was my boyhood club. NEVER!

But that is just me :)<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:44 pm --<br /><br />
Originals said:
Nedum was left out because we wanted rid of him, same with Ade and Bellamy. Veseli has a better chance of making it at City, Nedum has had his chances and failed or been injuried.

I think he was quite basically for the limit to do with home grown players in your squads. We don't seem to have many at the moment.

If he was a lifelong blue his Mum shouldn't come out in the press about the Cook thing. If I was him I'd of told her to keep it shut. Having time for people doesn't make you a good footballer really
His mum is not a blue. ANd she has her own life.., Ad Nedum was being treated like shaite long before his mum went to the press. Besides, blue or not, you have to stand up for yourself. He clearly isn't wanted anymore, and he has no reason to go helping CIty cover up its dirty laundry! That is not in his job description.

I don't know how much Nedum is on, probably pittance compared to the new Blues, but if he was on anything like the others, I sure wouldn't give up a penny to help out a club that seemed "at least to Ned" to have a Dick for president and seems wholly uninterested in him or his future.

And I wouldn't blame him if he didn't. Just pay him his contract and let him go.

No offence but i don't what Onouha playing for us ever again after the disruption his family has caused.

That's just how i feel.

Onouha, bridge, bellamy, adebayor and so on were 'frozen' out because they were not required. Make of it as you will, but they had their chances each and everyone of them. Some of them ruined it by going public with their opinions of the running of the club, and that's not on. Other's were disruptive within the dressing room.

So for those who are saying that its disgraceful and so on, BULLSHIT.

Onuoha seems to be the one who had a problem with Mancini from the start. I remember when he scored against Birmingham at home two seasons ago and went to celebrate infront of Mancini and the bench as if making some sort of point. This was way before his Soccer AM antics. It's now reached a point where i don't even want to see him on the bench for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.