"Mancini - Right or Wrong?"

Lancet Fluke said:
It was nearly as good as Didsbury Dave's.

Not really, it lacked the all-round smugness and was completely lacking in snide. Not a chance it can be compared with Daves masterpiece.

My view as well, and grateful to see recognition of just how great the football was last season. I also think its been pretty great in patches this year as well (Chelsea at Etihad particularly), and we've only lost five games again !

My faith is in the Sheik though.

coulsonblue said:
Think he mis-interpreted Holistic though, like lots have.

It's not about the Manager "inspiring" the whole set up, but rather just having all sectors, academy/EDS/first team all in tune.

This! Too many don't appear to grasp Holistic, Mancini being one of them...

akcity said:
coulsonblue said:
Think he mis-interpreted Holistic though, like lots have.

It's not about the Manager "inspiring" the whole set up, but rather just having all sectors, academy/EDS/first team all in tune.

This! Too many don't appear to grasp Holistic, Mancini being one of them...

Neither do Ferguson or Mourhinio but they don't do to badly do they?
Just thought I'd balance things up - like you do.

A good read and pretty much how i feel.Mancini for me will always have a special place in our club's history and in my heart.He gave the club direction,an inner steel and belief and pride.Most of all he gave us....trophies!

He outfoxed Ferguson last season,won the mind games and the title,as you rightly said at times he did so by playing breathtaking football.

His tenure had always been dogged by behind the scenes conflict with players and i guess when the two amigo's came in he was always going to be on rocky ground.I think he knew it and some of the players knew it too and while i have no evidence this happened,i think some of them gave less than 100% to make his road even rockier.Just my humble opinion of course.

For the owners when you have thrown millions at a football team they expect better than runners up to a not great rag side and Wigan,though i think the die had been cast long before then.I just wish it had been handled with more dignity, the man Mancini deserved that and to say a proper farewell to the fans and to receive our thanks for what he has done for our club and self esteem.

This season we have gone slightly backwards and we were still making the same mistakes against teams like Stoke,Sunderland and Everton,with no one on our management team seeming to have an answer as to how to solve the puzzle.If this concerned me,a humble fan,it must have started alarm bells ringing in our owners residence and the newly appointed two amigo's minds.

Mancini is nobody's fool and i believe he knew after our appaling champions league performances his tenure was shaky and falling so far behind the rags brought his house down.The pathetic showing in the cup final merely sealed any lingering doubts.

This will hurt him badly.I believe he had a genuine love for the club and fans and on the whole that feeling was mutual but maybe it was right to move on for all parties.I wish him well and i am sure he will be lifting trophies at a new club soon.For us we will pray our owners haven't made the wrong choice but with their wealth if they have they should be able to rectify it,unlike the Swales days!

I believe they are making the club and foundations as strong as possible for when their chosen man[i think we all know who] takes over and hopefully builds a lasting dynasty here like Barcelona.Keep the faith!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.