"Mancini - Right or Wrong?"

Balanced article encapsulating all the quandaries and uncertainties both sides of the fence must have struggled with.
But does it hold a candle to the Venerable Bede of Didsbury's masterpiece of a manuscript - not without all the shit and turds in it surely.

Very good read that and the inners will cite the trophies, the group of death in the Champions League, the loss of NDJ and not getting RVP and others. The outers will cite the lack of performances in Europe, the lack of league progress this season with the vast majority of a league winning team still intact and of course his continual indulgence of Mario Balotelli who the other players clearly resented.

As far as holistic is concerned, well in medical terms, a holistic therapy is a complimentary therapy, in other words it's something different and perhaps looking at things in a different way. I think bringing up our own talent is starting to become very important to the board now with FFP becoming a real issue.

I always see these EDS results and youth results and the Euro U21 league results and we have been poor. Our youth players have stalled. Rekik, Guidetti, Razak, Suarez, Lopes and others have all done nothing in the first team this season when last season or the season before they were being hailed as the next big things. Rekik made his first team debut at 16 with massive plaudits, but has gone on loans but has generally been nowhere near the first team when, if he'd been developed correctly he might well be on the first team fringes. Contrast those players to Nastasic who at his young age has slotted in perfectly. Had the other players developed and made the same impression, we might have done much better in the league. This is something that Pellegrini would address.

For me, and I've said it before, the way he treated Pantilimon for the cup final was an utter disgrace. Whether you think Hart should be the man for the final is irrelevant. Mancini had openly stated that Panty was his cup keeper. The fact Panty made a naive statement to a Romanian paper days before should also be irrelevant. Panty is a gentle giant who has been very loyal and done the job when required. He certainly did against Chelsea. So to drop him like that said a lot about Mancini. Perhaps Mancini knew he was a dead man walking and thought that had Panty made a mistake and we lost, he'd be gone. Unfortunately he obviously didn't think the other 10 would play like a bunch of clowns, but then maybe those players had the last laugh as they lost Mancini the cup and his job.

My friend in Spain speaks very highly of Pellegrini and also of Isco, who is Spain's next big thing. But just as players have not developed under Mancini, so they will under Pellegrini and if that means Isco gets better, watch out the Premier League!

Very good read, Still think the club will regret sacking Mancini. He had his faults but who doesnt.... ill love him for the trophies hes delivered with such a hard dressing room but such talented players.

GaudinoMotors said:
Balanced article encapsulating all the quandaries and uncertainties both sides of the fence must have struggled with.
But does it hold a candle to the Venerable Bede of Didsbury's masterpiece of a manuscript - not without all the shit and turds in it surely.

... and all the hamster puke.

stony said:
Lancet Fluke said:
It was nearly as good as Didsbury Dave's.

Not really, it lacked the all-round smugness and was completely lacking in snide. Not a chance it can be compared with Daves masterpiece.

Cut Dismal D a break. You are just jealous 'cos you know the Pulitzer Prize is in the bag with that article.

Good read, sums up my feelings towards Mancini and the recent events more eloquently than any other other article or post I've read so far.

The one thing I still can't quite my head around is this 'holistic' business, I don't know if I've got the wrong end of the stick or not, but I take it to mean that the spainairds want to implement a certain way of playing throughout the club (from the academy up) I'm not sure how appointing a 60 year old on a 2 season contract fits into that vision? Surely he's not going to have time to change the whole ethos of the club in 2 seasons, if anyone can shed some light on this I'd be interested to hear...

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
Good read, sums up my feelings towards Mancini and the recent events more eloquently than any other other article or post I've read so far.

The one thing I still can't quite my head around is this 'holistic' business, I don't know if I've got the wrong end of the stick or not, but I take it to mean that the spainairds want to implement a certain way of playing throughout the club (from the academy up) I'm not sure how appointing a 60 year old on a 2 season contract fits into that vision? Surely he's not going to have time to change the whole ethos of the club in 2 seasons, if anyone can shed some light on this I'd be interested to hear...

The whole ethos is to have a complete structure, this will sound shit as an analogy but here goes...

Imagine a pyramid with water flowing out the top and down the sides.
The training staff and management are the all encompassing water that encapsulate the squad, training setup and development, recruitment etc aka my pyramid :D

Before we were to cellular like blocks of wood on a string for Soriano and Txiki.

I am going to contemplate the heavens now and impart wisdom to all who are touched by my spoken word.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.