Mancini "Tevez starts on Monday"

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I don't like this, it's almost like he's being pacified with a guaranteed start.

He should be made to be left guessing as punishment 2bh,and stripped of the captaincy and fined a month's wages. But that won't happen as Carlos is too precious.
We are all disappointed with him but why the fuck should he be fined? He put in a transfer request ffs, happens all the time.

I agree with stripping him of the captaincy (he shouldn't have had it in the first place).

As long as everything happens on our terms and he carries on playing as well as he has been, then I'm not arsed.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I don't like this, it's almost like he's being pacified with a guaranteed start.

He should be made to be left guessing as punishment 2bh,and stripped of the captaincy and fined a month's wages. But that won't happen as Carlos is too precious.

Mancini is possibly trying to manage this by saying it is business as usual, he is still our player and will continue to give everything for the cause.

I would like to see the situation somehow resolved with Tevez remaining a City player, but I do agree that his position as captain is now untenable. Perhaps by not announcing that he is being stripped of the captaincy he is avoiding giving the media another story to fan the flames.

smithy167 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Nobody should be left guessing about anything as punishment, we dont know the full story, if Mancini keeps Tevez captain we must back him i will anyway.

As much as I am craving for us to win something (anything!), seeing Captain Tevez holding the trophy aloft now given the events of the last week seems almost inconceivable, surely?

There is a light said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Mancini is possibly trying to manage this by saying it is business as usual, he is still our player and will continue to give everything for the cause.

I would like to see the situation somehow resolved with Tevez remaining a City player, but I do agree that his position as captain is now untenable. Perhaps by not announcing that he is being stripped of the captaincy he is avoiding giving the media another story to fan the flames.
I agree again m8, but i feel he wont be stripped of the captaincy because it would give tevez the excuse for anythin if you get me, keep him as captain we keep him focused proper, imo.

Blumers Bloomers said:
smithy167 said:
Nobody should be left guessing about anything as punishment, we dont know the full story, if Mancini keeps Tevez captain we must back him i will anyway.

As much as I am craving for us to win something (anything!), seeing Captain Tevez holding the trophy aloft now given the events of the last week seems almost inconceivable, surely?
Im sorry m8 but all i would see is city win a trophy, the day we do it at that moment i wont care who is holding it.

Was anyone listening when City fans were chanting over the Juventus fans in Italy Thursday?There is no way they would boo Tevez.How anyone could contemplate it is beyond me.Tevez name will be sung from start to finish,there's no question.Anyone on here who thinks diffrently isnt singing from the same songsheet.

smithy167 said:
There is a light said:

I agree again m8, but i feel he wont be stripped of the captaincy because it would give tevez the excuse for anythin if you get me, keep him as captain we keep him focused proper, imo.
How can you have as a captain someone who has put in a transfer request?

He's got to play but captain! no chance.

smithy167 said:

I'm not sure mate. All eyes will be on him on Monday night as it is and he's not the greatest captain anyway. Keeping the armband wouldn't go down well with the fans who think he has been disrespectful to the club. I have to admit that he could have managed his part in this a lot better. We should have been celebrating being joint top of the league last weekend instead of mourning the potential loss of our talisman. Surely he won't be expecting anything else, but there is no point in Mancini making a big story out of it and making the situation even more volatile.

Ive refrained so far on the Tevez situation. Unlike the boy Robinho, I have no doubt that as unhappy as he claims to be, once the white line is crossed, he WILL give his all. I'd just hope that if he truly wants to go, he gives his all til it happens. I believe he will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.