Mancini Thread (no City stuff)

Balti said:
The cookie monster said:
Damocles said:
It's constantly the same people over and over who derail this thread.

I mean that literally, it is always one of four people.

The thread is purposely in General Football and purposely has big NO CITY STUFF markers all over it. If you cannot refrain yourselves from turning this into the thread that you want it to be then we will refrain you from posting on here.

Make that 3 people now. One of them couldn't resist and has now been given a weeks break
The thing is he still bothers them a year on
They simply cannot come to terms that he is a trophy machine.

the rags hate him too tbf

The rags were scared shitless by him. I have few rag mates who told me he was the first City manager they were scared of. I'll always remember when he went toe to toe against the GPC on the touch line In the derby game when we won the title. Ferguson got the shock of his life! Absolutely brilliant.

Got a lot of time for Mancini . I think he will find a job in France . Monaco could be his next job . Plenty of dosh to spent at that club .

baildon blue said:
Got a lot of time for Mancini . I think he will find a job in France . Monaco could be his next job . Plenty of dosh to spent at that club .

I thought Jardim was just appointed for two years?

Manciti for England?

(could it happen?? that would be one hell of an appointment, and he'd take no shit from anyone - but I couldn't ever see the FA considering this option; I think a Manciti personality and character could do England a world of good, Platt et al would all be back in the fold as well)

- I agree with people who believe he'll bide his time, and woe betide anyone who doesn't perform out of the gates next season (no matter whether it be in Italy, England or Spain) as Manciti could be waiting in the wings...

The FA wouldn't touch Mancini with a barge pole as he is not the lap dog they require.

Pity as he would do a fine job imo.

blueinsa said:
The FA wouldn't touch Mancini with a barge pole as he is not the lap dog they require.

Ever heard of that saying about polishing a turd? Or the one about not being able to make a silk purse out of sow's ears?

jimharri said:
blueinsa said:

Ever heard of that saying about polishing a turd? Or the one about not being able to make a silk purse out of sow's ears?

Fine job as in not picking the same old faces just because they play for the rags/Liverpool etc.

He would certainly organise them far better defensively as well.

TGR said:
Balti said:
The cookie monster said:
The thing is he still bothers them a year on
They simply cannot come to terms that he is a trophy machine.

the rags hate him too tbf

The rags were scared shitless by him. I have few rag mates who told me he was the first City manager they were scared of. I'll always remember when he went toe to toe against the GPC on the touch line In the derby game when we won the title. Ferguson got the shock of his life! Absolutely brilliant.

Totally agree. Legend.

blueinsa said:

Agreed.

I think he would be suited to International Football. His best strengths are that he can organise and that he plays to the strengths of what he has available; even though with us it was hard cash :) - but it wasn't at Fiorentina and Lazio where he won trophies.

I always remember we played away against Arsenal just after he took over from Hughes and it was like we deliberately didn't come out of our half and took away a point in a nil - nil. This might have been the game of the Sagna and Zabs dust up. He built from that. I have never agreed with those posters who said he wasn't flexible either. Hughes had City linked with AJ for a while. Mancini took a look at the video's and spoke to the scouts and backed them.

blueinsa said:
jimharri said:
blueinsa said:

Fine job as in not picking the same old faces just because they play for the rags/Liverpool etc.

He would certainly organise them far better defensively as well.

I'd be up for bobby getting a shot too tbh.
We need a mentality uplift - a job he completed with City remarkably well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.