Mancini to...ermm...Russia?!? Rumour of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the site that started this whole thing is backing up a bit, so relax guys.

I spent some time browsing some Russian sites and forums and the absolute consensus is that the offer probably was indeed made to Mancio, but he certainly did not sign anything. Basically, some journos got this story from the outgoing head of our FA and started a shitstorm.

To put it into perspective - I am bloody sure that Roberto received quite a few offers this spring, before we eventually won the whole thing. But that is of no relevance. I personally think that this is somewhat similiar to the dismissal of Sparky, remember how many of his media chums came up with all kinds of crap? Basically, a top dog gets pushed from the job and out of spite and bitterness kinda sorta leaks a story about how he alledgedly agreed terms with Mancio. As for the silence from Roberto and his reps - I think he just uses this story to force better terms on a new contract, and I think he is perfectly entitled to do so, this is modern football, top managers must get top salaries, and try to attain as much power in the trasnfer dealings as possible. Let's face it, a man who can build a team that wins the title, a man who can attract top players, a man who oozes class and charisma and proved every single one of his skeptics wrong deserves it. I do not hold anything against Mancio in this regard. The pressure is immense, but so is his ambition.

Relax guys, there is simply no head of the Russian FA at the moment, any manager who fancies the position can see for himself the abysmal standards of the younger players that we have, considering the average age of our squad at Euros. So basically our beloved oligarchs can throw as much money at all the big names as they like, but the bottom line is unless the manager in question is Dutch and cynical, I certainly would not expect someone like Roberto seriously considering it. Yeah, the money is good, the bonuses and "gift payments" would be huge, but ultimately I think this all comes down to one former head of the FA acting like a baby, and Mancio's entourage using it as leverage in the negotiations.

End of.

Now, let's sign Cavani and dominate the world. Like we know we should.

dom said:
citytill1die84 said:
LoveCity said:
Hello and goodbye? Mancini ducks welcome ceremony at City training camp as speculation continues over his future

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini ducked out of a ceremony to welcome his title-winning team to their pre-season training camp in Austria tonight as speculation grows over his future.

However, Blues fans will be relieved that the Italian HAS travelled with the squad to the high-altitude base for the next two weeks after he was linked with quitting for the Russian national team job.

The title-winning players arrived in Seefeld tonight to cheers from locals and the boom of an oompah band, but Mancini avoided the crowds.

Sources suggested he may have used a private entrance round the back of the five-star hotel or even delayed his arrival altogether to escape attention.

The move disappointed local officials, who had planned to hand over a specially-made lederhosen to the Blues boss on the red carpet.

City players who have been on Euro 2012 duty have been given a break and will not be coming to the camp, during which the club will play three training matches.

A crowd of around 500 - one-sixth of the village's population - had turned out to welcome the latest Premier League club to stay in the spa resort in the Alps.

Players from AS Monaco are staying in the four-star hotel next door to City.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/roberto-mancini-ducks-welcome-ceremony-1137015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ny-1137015</a>

The Mirror have tweeted this about 5 times in an hour. I've just replied saying stop printing bullshit he'll sign a new City contract. Wankers really do want him to go.

The Mirrosr are so sadly, transparently , pathetically anti-City that their neediness is showing....

Speaks volumes about the reporter,someone called a Paul Cockerton !! About fooking right.

johnny crossan said:
leopoldo said:
Mancini didn't travel with the squad, he went directly to Austria from Italy. He hadn't arrived when the team was given its welcome.
are you in situ leopoldo?
Mate's there and he spoke to someone from the club who said they expect new contract signed this week.

Sports.ru in English ‏@sportsruenglish
EXCLUSIVE: Mancini's contract had to be funded by Gazprom. ‪#mcfc‬

EXCLUSIVE: Update on Mancini. The contract was found in Fursenko's safe and demonstrated by Russia's sports minister Mutko at closed meeting

WTF, really... can Mancini sue them for this, there is the photo of a contract with his "signature" on too that looks nothing like his signature on signed memorabilia.

LoveCity said:
EXCLUSIVE: Mancini's contract had to be funded by Gazprom. ‪#mcfc‬

EXCLUSIVE: Update on Mancini. The contract was found in Fursenko's safe and demonstrated by Russia's sports minister Mutko at closed meeting

WTF, really... can Mancini sue them for this, there is the photo of a contract with his "signature" on too that looks nothing like his signature on signed memorabilia.

‏@sportsruenglish "it's reliable source in the Russian Ministry of Sports"

Russia to name candidates
Mancini strongly linked with role

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey. Last Updated: July 9, 2012
The Russian Football Union (RFU) will name the candidates to take charge of their national side as speculation continues over Manchester City's Roberto Mancini.

Reports began to emerge on Saturday that Russia, with the help of oil giants Gazprom, were ready to break the bank to land Mancini.
The RFU was forced to issue a statement on its website over the weekend, denying reports it had already signed a contract with a new coach.
Now they have confirmed that they will announce those under consideration to replace Dick Advocaat,who left the role following Euro 2012.
"Because of numerous reports about the so-called agreed candidates and having former RFU chief (Sergei Fursenko) signing contracts with them, the RFU would like to officially state that at the moment, it has not signed any contracts with any possible candidates," the RFU said.
"Also, on Tuesday, July 10, a list of coaches will be published on the RFU's official website and with whom the RFU will start contract negotiations."
Mancini aside the likes of Fabio Capello, Pep Guardiola and Luciano Spalletti have been linked.

LoveCity said:
Find me a celebrity who signs his legal documents, cheques and credit cards with the same inane squiggles that he plasters over thousands of souvenir photographs and I'll show you a grade-A fucking idiot!!

I still don't think there's anything to be worried about with this though.

Dubai Blue said:
LoveCity said:
Find me a celebrity who signs his legal documents, cheques and credit cards with the same inane squiggles that he plasters over thousands of souvenir photographs and I'll show you a grade-A fucking idiot!!

when Tolmie starts predicting "good news" about Mancini I get worried

Dubai Blue said:

It's a sad fact isn't it. Celebrities will have a legal document signature and then their autographs. The rest of us who spent hours practising their autographs instead of algebra have to put our autographs on legal documents or else all those hours are wasted. A bank clerk once asked me what the No. 10 was about on my signature and I told her it was my shirt number. She said, oh, you're a footballer? I said nothing and walked sadly away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.