Mancini: We will need 24 good players next season

Andouble said:
it's a bit discomforting on how Mancini's and the upper management interviews and quotes are so out of sync.

Yeah! Watched the Mancini press conference yesterday quite frankly it was a disgrace by the reporter who kept going on about Tevez and how much we have to spend! It's a pity his English isn't better! And tell them in no uncertain terms that he's spoken to Tevez face to face and he said he wants to stay! And the interview from Argentina is rehashed bullshit!

Aussie! said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
To win the TITLE + CL
you'll need to greplace (or atleast if they can improve)
Boateng, kolarov, dzeko, milner, barry
All of those players are perfectly acceptable squad members and should definitely not leave, as they will cost 50% more to replace than what we paid for them. We cannot expect all 24 to be world beaters, these are the type of players who will help win us trophies next year. The only weak links that I can think of in our current squad are Taylor, McGovern, Johnson(M), Vieira, SWP, Jo, RSC, Bellamy and Bridge.

Mancini is spot on. The board know that too - they aren't stupid. But they are being political about it in order to keep prices down and appear conservative re FFP. Mancini though doesn't lie during press conferences. He is always refreshingly honest.

________________________Hart/Given________________________

__________Kompany/Boateng________Lescott/K.Toure(?)_________

Richards/Zabaleta______________________________Kolorov/Baines

___________De jong/Barry____________Milner/Vieira____________

__A.Johnson/Sanchez______Y.Toure/Silva________Balotelli/Mata__

_______________________Dzeko/Tevez________________________

Thats 22.

If Tevez, Given, Boateng and Kolo are all unavailable to us next season they will all need replacing with real quality.

I also believe we need another good deeper playing midfielder who can play the ball and control a game. I feel both Barry and Vieira are past their best, although i think we might see Yaya sitting deeper next season.

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
IMO

Hart
Given
Zabaleta
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Boateng
Boyata
Koralov
Milner
Barry
De Jong
Yaya
A.Johnson
Tevez
Mario
Dzeko

Are good enough out of current squad for next year we could add Kolo and M.Johnson but suspension and injuries not certain so we do need a few good players to add to what we currently have.

SWP not good enough now and Ade and Bellers obviously don't fit in with Bobby plus a few could be off Tevez, Given, Koralov, Boateng etc so these need replacing.

It looks like Silva isn't good enough, I think you've just forgot to put him in your list or you're fucking mad.

Dzeko will come good and just needs time and both Koralov and Boateng don't become bad players over a season and both are young enough to adapt and to improve. Milner is already good enough but should be central midfield and not out wide.

We also have a few good young players coming through but I'm sure they will go out on loan to gain experience but can see Gonzalez as our 3rd keeper and Taylor moving on.<br /><br />-- Sat May 21, 2011 10:09 am --<br /><br />Them mushrooms were sure good this morning because of course Silva will be in the first team and should have been added.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.