Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
crystal_mais said:
lancs blue said:
crystal_mais said:
Well considering I am 40 years old and been supporting City for 34 years. Football did not start in 92 no, but this brand of monopoly corporate football did.

you made some points that Mancini is young and compared him to Fergie. I've made an aged based response to your statement. Did Fergie win the first ever PL? What were the competitions prior to that he managed in? How successful was he? What was his success at Aberdeen? Would you class that as successful?

Fergies career didn't start at the age of 51

Let me rephrase it then, Ferguson took nearly 7 years to win his first English league title and nearly 13 years to win a European Cup/Champions League. For all that time he was managing the wealthiest club in England and one of the wealthiest in Europe and their spending was on a par with that wealth. For me that makes it a valid comparison with what you describe as "monopoly corporate football".

Check the league tables and see where they were when he took over?? and look at the level of investment made.

You have no argument to make - UTD were mid table shite. It took him time to build what he had to. "Whiskey Nose twat" had proved his credentials in Scotland. Like I said totally different era and circumstances

I'm not saying Mancini is shit - He's not in the same league as Ferguson or Jose. At the age Mancini is at they had already proven to be more successful as managers
Wait... are you comparing proven credentials in Scotland to proven credentials in Italy?

crystal_mais said:
I'm not saying Mancini is shit - He's not in the same league as Ferguson or Jose. At the age Mancini is at they had already proven to be more successful as managers

It's a moot point that, without digging around to look it up. But didn't Roberto win the Italian cup in around 2000, i.e. when he was 35 ish? Was SAF winning things much earlier than that? I know he managed to do well at Aberdeen, but in terms of winning silverware, was he any earlier? Not sure. Mourinho yes, true.

What Ferguson done at Aberdeen was simply outstanding - the Rags were getting a proven winner. People see Scottish football now and think that's what it was always like. Well surprise, surprise, Scottish teams at one point were pretty decent (don't tell the Rags, but a Scottish team was actually the first British club to win the European Cup!), and Ferguson managed to infiltrate the Rangers/Celtic duopoly. For Christ's sake, he even won a European trophy with Aberdeen, and that's when there was more than one trophy!

The Rags and the media down here have done a great job in letting everyone think that the Rags 'found' a relatively unknown manager, plucked him from obscurity. Utter shite. On the same level as them 'plucking' the unknown talents of Rooney and Ferdinand for tuppence.....

malg said:
What Ferguson done at Aberdeen was simply outstanding - the Rags were getting a proven winner. People see Scottish football now and think that's what it was always like. Well surprise, surprise, Scottish teams at one point were pretty decent (don't tell the Rags, but a Scottish team was actually the first British club to win the European Cup!), and Ferguson managed to infiltrate the Rangers/Celtic duopoly. For Christ's sake, he even won a European trophy with Aberdeen, and that's when there was more than one trophy!

The Rags and the media down here have done a great job in letting everyone think that the Rags 'found' a relatively unknown manager, plucked him from obscurity. Utter shite. On the same level as them 'plucking' the unknown talents of Rooney and Ferdinand for tuppence.....

I wouldn't say camel gob for £30 million in 2002.....is tuppence.

SPIDERBOY said:
malg said:

Yep, that was the point.

malg said:
SPIDERBOY said:
malg said:

Yep, that was the point.

I know mate,worded it wrong....should of started with...how can anyone say camel gob...etc....could be read in different context...my apologies.

taconinja said:
crystal_mais said:
lancs blue said:
Let me rephrase it then, Ferguson took nearly 7 years to win his first English league title and nearly 13 years to win a European Cup/Champions League. For all that time he was managing the wealthiest club in England and one of the wealthiest in Europe and their spending was on a par with that wealth. For me that makes it a valid comparison with what you describe as "monopoly corporate football".

Check the league tables and see where they were when he took over?? and look at the level of investment made.

You have no argument to make - UTD were mid table shite. It took him time to build what he had to. "Whiskey Nose twat" had proved his credentials in Scotland. Like I said totally different era and circumstances

Wait... are you comparing proven credentials in Scotland to proven credentials in Italy?

See malgs response that may give you the answer you want

WimbledonRd said:
Mancini needs to go.
He simply is not on the level this club needs him to be.

3 years he has been here and has won the premier league, FA cup, Charity shield and now we are going Wembley again next month. And Mancini has taken City to the level we all want #champions

We failed in the champions league but we came up against big teams so that doesn't worry me. Leave it out and get behind the manager

sergiokun said:
WimbledonRd said:
Mancini needs to go.
He simply is not on the level this club needs him to be.

3 years he has been here and has won the premier league, FA cup, Charity shield and now we are going Wembley again next month. And Mancini has taken City to the level we all want #champions

We failed in the champions league but we came up against big teams so that doesn't worry me. Leave it out and get behind the manager

only this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.