Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPIDERBOY said:
I've said it before,bobby has given me some of the best days in my life.i ain't saying get rid,just think he's letting the pressure get to him,it's not often you see a manager having handbags with a player in training,or slagging players off in public...then there was the "fuckinell" comment....personally,I think he wants to go,but won't walk.thats my opinion.

I'd imagine the handbags happens a lot more than you'd think, but the fact that pretty much every other team get to train in relative privacy as opposed to us who may as well train outside the arndale centre for all the access photographers get at carrington...
The slagging off of players is down to how you interpret what he says - I don't think there's anything wrong with giving players who should be performing better a nudge in public, these are professional footballers we're talking about here, if they get upset about being called out in public then they aren't mentally right in the first place. As for the fucking hell comment, it was said in a jokey manner and got a laugh from all the press in the room so shouldn't be used as a stick to beat him.
There are some footballing reasons (mainly Europe) which fans have every right to question if Mancini is the man to take us forward but I just don't see the reasons you've given being enough for him to walk.

Pablo1 said:
SPIDERBOY said:
I've said it before,bobby has given me some of the best days in my life.i ain't saying get rid,just think he's letting the pressure get to him,it's not often you see a manager having handbags with a player in training,or slagging players off in public...then there was the "fuckinell" comment....personally,I think he wants to go,but won't walk.thats my opinion.

I'd imagine the handbags happens a lot more than you'd think, but the fact that pretty much every other team get to train in relative privacy as opposed to us who may as well train outside the arndale centre for all the access photographers get at carrington...
The slagging off of players is down to how you interpret what he says - I don't think there's anything wrong with giving players who should be performing better a nudge in public, these are professional footballers we're talking about here, if they get upset about being called out in public then they aren't mentally right in the first place. As for the fucking hell comment, it was said in a jokey manner and got a laugh from all the press in the room so shouldn't be used as a stick to beat him.
There are some footballing reasons (mainly Europe) which fans have every right to question if Mancini is the man to take us forward but I just don't see the reasons you've given being enough for him to walk.

I just think he may of had enough,as I said in the OP.

SPIDERBOY said:
Pablo1 said:
SPIDERBOY said:

I just think he may of had enough,as I said in the OP.

I agree there's a chance he could walk mate, the last 5-6 months have seen so much speculation about who's taking over from him it's not beyond the realms of possibility that its crossed his mind.
Hope he doesn't though.

Have a look at Inter v Spurs and you will see just what a bad manager looks like.

Suicidal high line being played by AVB and he hasn't learned. If Mancini ever did anything like that I'd understand the criticism but he rarely makes such fundamental errors.

Told you: 2-0 now. We are lucky to have a good manager - I've never seen Mancini make such a mistake and not change it around

3-0 now. Not sure they have enough in the tank to do this - but if you want to know what poor management is like then this is it

Marvin said:
Have a look at Inter v Spurs and you will see just what a bad manager looks like.

Suicidal high line being played by AVB and he hasn't learned. If Mancini ever did anything like that I'd understand the criticism but he rarely makes such fundamental errors.

Told you: 2-0 now. We are lucky to have a good manager - I've never seen Mancini make such a mistake and not change it around

3-0 now. Not sure they have enough in the tank to do this - but if you want to know what poor management is like then this is it
Mancini has not covered himself in glory this season.Those defeats by Ajax and Southampton were very poor.

Marvin said:

Mancini hasn't really been impressive on the European Stage himself. I dont think we should be calling AVB or any other Managers out, when we finished last on 3 pts in our group.

adorado30 said:
Marvin said:

Mancini hasn't really been impressive on the European Stage himself. I dont think we should be calling AVB or any other Managers out, when we finished last on 3 pts in our group.

We weren't drawn against the Dog and Duck tho

grim up north said:
adorado30 said:
Marvin said:

We can all complain all we want who we were drawn against, that doesn't change the fact that we have been below average 2 years running.

Napoli and Villarreal aren't really top world sides and we still didn't qualify and this year 3 pts from 6 games says everything you need to know.

On top of that, we have a top world squad, probably 4-5th best squad in the world.

I think it is amazing that while City won't win the league again this year and were unceremoniously kicked out of the Champions League, they have not had exactly a disastrous season.

They are 2nd in the league and poised to get back into Europe next season and are in the semis of the FA Cup. Not exactly poor situation.

I can understand RM wanting to get back to Italy and it seems he is having difficulty working with some of the back office staff at City with regard to new personnel and especially not getting Van Persie.

If RM does leave -- whether fired or resigns -- then there is only one possible replacement.

adorado30 said:
grim up north said:
adorado30 said:

We can all complain all we want who we were drawn against, that doesn't change the fact that we have been below average 2 years running.

Napoli and Villarreal aren't really top world sides and we still didn't qualify and this year 3 pts from 6 games says everything you need to know.

On top of that, we have a top world squad, probably 4-5th best squad in the world.

But Madrid and Dortmund are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.