Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
mammutly said:
Ah. The reterospective tactical analysis. Brilliant isn't it? It always is. Of course there is the minor point of the game already having taken place, but that's just a detail.

I won the lottery on Saturday, but I waited for the draw first

I keep picturing Andy gray with that touch screen with slow motion replays..

The new Chelsea, basing judgements om the here on now by comparing Mancini to managers of a gone by era when we were poor on and off the pitch.

Can't work that out I really can't.

TROUSERS said:
Get rid of Bobby Manc and lets become Chelsea please! Then with some luck, we may get Rafa in 4 years time!
You fugging morons! i can remember Taggart being 1 game away from the sack after 6years having won nothing and nobody before him for about 20 years.
You are such greedy bastards if you think FAcup followed by Prem league is not good enough!
Lets get Mourhino in and play boring footy and then when we come second in about 2 or 3 years time,sack him cos we came second!!!!!!!!
It is as pathetic as that!!!
Our team are fantastic.we had a bad day yesterday, sadly only second and in semi final of cup!
Dont anyone mention money spent cos its not yours cos I was spending not much less when I saw us not score a goal at home from jan 1st for rest of season under psycho!!!
Get real !!!!!

Disagree about our team being fantastic. Our midfield is clearly sub-standard and has been all season. But the rest of what you say I agree with.

TROUSERS said:
Get rid of Bobby Manc and lets become Chelsea please! Then with some luck, we may get Rafa in 4 years time!

Replacing a manager who has been here 3 1/2 years - a long time in modern football - would not be 'becoming Chelsea'. It'd be replacing a manager who the club feels has reached his limit, a carefully considered decision reached over a period of time by qualified men.

Lets get Mourhino in and play boring footy and then when we come second in about 2 or 3 years time,sack him cos we came second!!!!!!!!

Someone's living in the past. Real Madrid play a much more entertaining brand of football than we usually do and most clubs do for that matter. If we played like Real Madrid do, I am quite confident many of our fans would find the style more pleasing, since it has a bit of what we like (the finesse and technique - Ozil, Alonso, Modric) and what many are crying out for (the pace and width - Di Maria, Ronaldo).

Can't be arsed with the rest but it's just one big cliche of a post where everything is one extreme or the other, discounting the fact that maybe, just maybe, if Mancini did go it might be based on something more than our rich owner pressing a red button on his office chair.

TROUSERS said:
You fugging morons! i can remember Taggart being 1 game away from the sack after 6years having won nothing and nobody before him for about 20 years.
You are such greedy bastards if you think FAcup followed by Prem league is not good enough!
It is as pathetic as that!!!
Our team are fantastic.we had a bad day yesterday, sadly only second and in semi final of cup!
Dont anyone mention money spent cos its not yours cos I was spending not much less when I saw us not score a goal at home from jan 1st for rest of season under psycho!!!
Get real !!!!!
I'm fairly convinced you're an "outer" who's purposely used every cliché going to bait a response.

LoveCity said:
TROUSERS said:

Replacing a manager who has been here 3 1/2 years - a long time in modern football - would not be 'becoming Chelsea'. It'd be replacing a manager who the club feels has reached his limit, a carefully considered decision reached over a period of time by qualified men.

and that's the key bit here.

Mancini has took us as far as he can go, simple as.

Drewmanc said:
FFS injuries and players out of form are NOT Mancini's fault - I'm getting sick of the blame culture surrounding managers. Hart has been off form, Vk missing for lots of the season, Garcia/Rodwell/Sinclair are either injured/off form/not good enough, and I think we can all agree that their signings were not what we (or possibly Mancini too) expected. Aguero being a shadow of his former self (here and atl Madrid) and seemingly made of glass, Balo's ineptitude to play well in England and his subsequent sale (engineered partly by himself I'm sure) and Silva has been no where near as effective and to be fair, should be doing lots more in this league with his talent have all contributed to a fairly damp squib of a season. Mancini trying to evolve has failed with the 5-3-1. What I don't understand is, with the quality of players we do have, is why not drop back to last years 4-2-3-1 with 2 out and out holding players as we did last year, Barry didn't pass the half way line last year and now he's popping up on the edge of the 18 yard box to fuck things up! Players need to look at themselves and question their commitment. If I turn up for work tomorrow and perform like most of the players did v everton I'd be sacked - my fault - not my managers and they should take the blame.

I've supported City since '81 and Mancini is the most succesful manager I've seen. I've seen managers who defend (Pearce) and managers who attack to their detriment (Horton) and managers who should NEVER had been managers (clarke, Neal, ball) yet Mancini is still presiding over a team in 2nd and in the semi's of the FA cup with 3 trophies in the cabinet, he knows what he's doing and he may be abrasive but he's OUR manager and to be fair I'll always like the fella as he's endeared himself to me. I hope he's backed pre season and continues with us for the near/middle and distant future. In RM I trust.

sense and perspective at last

mammutly said:
Ah. The reterospective tactical analysis. Brilliant isn't it? It always is. Of course there is the minor point of the game already having taken place, but that's just a detail.

I won the lottery on Saturday, but I waited for the draw first

What a nonsensical and nonsense reply. Closing your eyes really tightly, sticking your fingers in your ears, and humming really loudly doesn't take away the truth about just how badly wrong Mancini got it yesterday from moment one to leaving without talking to the press and explaining himself and his team.

It's amazing that you could want to so blindly back someone who clearly has limitations both as a manager and as a coach. His ego is absolutely out of control and the writing is on the wall.

So his limit is winning a Premier League title, and that's not good enough?

I'll accept that the performance in the League this season had been disappointing, but you have to take his record at City as a whole, and also look why we have disappointed this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.