Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an inner or outer as I can't decide what would be for the best in the long term.
But when people say we have done well and finished 2nd this year, it needs to be rememebered how far behind we are.
I don't think anyone would be calling for Mancini to go if we finished 3 points behind, but 15 (and quite possibly more) is a big difference.

Anyway, I will continue to sit on the fence. It's a good job I don't make big decisions or nothing would ever get done.

Each time I read an 'out' post I agree and each time I read an 'in' post I also agree.

Marvin said:
So his limit is winning a Premier League title, and that's not good enough?

I'll accept that the performance in the League this season had been disappointing, but you have to take his record at City as a whole, and also look why we have disappointed this season.

Yes, winning one Premier League title is his limit.

I suspect IF the club does feel he's reached his limit it won't be solely because of finishing 15pts (or so) behind United but his continuing regression as a manager in Europe, where imminent progress is very important for us. His Champions League record is a downhill slope instead of an uphill slope and the question they will ask when considering his future is "Can we risk this again after two failures? Will he DEFINITELY get us deeper into the Champions League next time?". A third group stage exit would be disastrous and there is a big chance we'll have another tough group next time with teams that press us high up the pitch like Real, Dortmund, Ajax did... and Southampton and Everton have since...

117 M34 said:
I'm not an inner or outer as I can't decide what would be for the best in the long term.
But when people say we have done well and finished 2nd this year, it needs to be rememebered how far behind we are.
I don't think anyone would be calling for Mancini to go if we finished 3 points behind, but 15 (and quite possibly more) is a big difference.

Anyway, I will continue to sit on the fence. It's a good job I don't make big decisions or nothing would ever get done.

Each time I read an 'out' post I agree and each time I read an 'in' post I also agree.
If you use them as a benchmark, remember that it could be a record-breaking benchmark

And maybe we just got ahead of ourselves last season.

Utd's transfer spending this Summer (Kagawa and RVP) and our injuries have tipped the balance back to Utd. I don't think it's permanent though. City will strengthen again in the Summer and RVP and Rooney are already looking close to their sell-by date

Yes we're 2nd in the table - just keeping ahead of a Chelsea team in total disarray and a Spuds team with no strikers whose inconsistencies are a god-send to us , and the poorest arse team for some time.
Yes we're in the cup semis - the hardest game of the campaign being a trip to a poor Stoke team and some nice comfy ties at home to average to poor lower league sides.
It's not that good is it?

Marvin said:
117 M34 said:

If you use them as a benchmark, remember that it could be a record-breaking benchmark

And maybe we just got ahead of ourselves last season.

Utd's transfer spending this Summer (Kagawa and RVP) and our injuries have tipped the balance back to Utd. I don't think it's permanent though. City will strengthen again in the Summer and RVP and Rooney are already looking close to their sell-by date

Yeah, and Manure are going to crumble eh?

Well lets get rid then and lets all be "modern"and believe me,the posts on here will be horific for years, cos you will all become the very worst of what it is you actually hate about the Rags!!!
I spent the last 6 years working for the Rags and there realised its not the club I despised but the fans, cos they turn on every player who makes a bad pass, the manager who brought them their dreams, when he makes a sub they know better about; etc etc etc...believe me, we are only just starting on that road!!!!!
Imagine going to a game, getting turned over by a bottom of table club, coming away feeling like our players dont even try??? Ive spent decades witnessing that, but funny how I come back the very next game!!! That is football!!!!!
Now is a bloody luxury for us , its so wonderful to watch a team who can mesmerise on occassion, so sometimes disappointment has to be accepted!
Believe me, these are golden years for us; Ive not seen this since I started going in 66, and believe me , that was truly golden then!
So please put it all into perspective, if not , then in the vernacular of the Bobby outers,just FRO!!!! ( in case I offend someone thru my lack of modern understanding of LOLs etc, when I was a lad, it meant, Fuck Right Off!!!). ;0)

cookster said:
Marvin said:
So his limit is winning a Premier League title, and that's not good enough?

I'll accept that the performance in the League this season had been disappointing, but you have to take his record at City as a whole, and also look why we have disappointed this season.

Yes, winning one Premier League title is his limit.
You can't make a claim like that without substantiating it.

Logic would suggest that if he can do it once, in such a short time, and that if he can be so successful with other teams, he can do it again. I'd much rather stick with a proven manager like Mancini than go for a new manager like AVB who might be flavour of the month now but turn into a joke. FFPR mean we can't afford gambles

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:
Ah. The reterospective tactical analysis. Brilliant isn't it? It always is. Of course there is the minor point of the game already having taken place, but that's just a detail.

I won the lottery on Saturday, but I waited for the draw first

What a nonsensical and nonsense reply. Closing your eyes really tightly, sticking your fingers in your ears, and humming really loudly doesn't take away the truth about just how badly wrong Mancini got it yesterday from moment one to leaving without talking to the press and explaining himself and his team.

It's amazing that you could want to so blindly back someone who clearly has limitations both as a manager and as a coach. His ego is absolutely out of control and the writing is on the wall.

One thing keeps sticking in mind regarding your views on Mancini, Billy. It may be a minor point. You wanted him out before we won the FA cup and before we won title.

As I say, probably a minor point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.