Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've fucked around enough changing managers, it got us nowhere. I can't understand why anyone would want Mancini gone when he's given us an FA Cup and Title already. We can't expect other teams to stop winning just because we have a good side, sometimes we won't win the league, this year is one of those times. But next season, if Bobby gets the backing to sign who he wants, I think we will.

If we change managers again it'll be another season of building, some Mancini signings wanting to leave and probably trophyless. We need to stick with what works. Yes we've played some crap football at times this season, but so has everyone, look at Spurs losing to Fulham today. If we'd got RvP in summer we'd be 10 points clear at the top now I reckon - not Bobby's fault we didn't get him. What we have to do is learn from transfer mistakes and pissing about with formations (which I think Mancini now has) and get our title back next season, with Mancini as manager!

B\connellblue said:
Freestyler said:
Whether it's Everton's cup final or not, i couldn't give a fuck. Mancini sent us out there like a lamb to the slaughter with 3-5-2. We literally GIFTED Everton the first half.

The subs in the second half bringing Kolo off, and bringing Sinclair and Clichy on were up there with Ajax away. Baffling, bizarre and ultimately shocking.

When will Mancini ever LEARN about Everton? when will he ever realise how to even compete against them? never mind just beating them or actually scoring a goal. Gary Neville was explaining and highlighting how to combat Everton and how setup would help. a COMMENTATOR was doing this and do you know what the sad part is? Neville got it all spot on again like usual. Neville could respond and change a game to how it's going and what's need to be done before Mancini would ever notice. as soon as Everton score it's 'lets change to a back 4 now' - that sums him up.

Mancini is just part of the chain to our success, 'stability' get's thrown about. Stability means absolutely fuck all when you're manager becomes out of his depth.

When will the owners change things? when will they feel a change is needed? i don't know.

Good manager, not great and my feelings from last August are all coming out to play on the pitch as each week goes on.

Some people NEED to realise, no one is being inpatient or greedy but if this club is going to progress forward and that is EXACTLY what you really want for your club, then it WON'T be happening with Mancini in charge.
Excellent post sir.
ALL TRUE

this is laughable it really is. i was unimpressed when i heard mancini was to be our new boss, this was around 6 months before he was appointed. i hoped the deal would fall down and we'd either keep hughes or appoint jose. once installed all my fears came true, he was negative and seriously had no clue about what the prem was all about. his tactics and substitutions were baffling at best. one thing he did do though was he carried himself well, he was and still is class in front of the media and came across so very confident. he won me round to a degree and yes even now he still has me scratching my head at times.

so where are we now?

he wins us the fa cup, beating the rags in the semi, does it get better than that? well yes actually, he won us the league, from an impossible position and again its the rags that are brushed aside.
i'll never forget yayas goals in the semi and final and of course that goal by aguero back in may.

fast forward to august and mancini pleads with the board to cash in on our title success and get the players for us to kick on. the club sat on its hands. january comes and still no improvement in the squad. so nastastic apart bob plods on with a far weaker side than the 11 that won us the title, he endures the worst injury run to key players for quite some time, to any squad a big loss, to a paper thin in quality squad downright disaster.
you'd expect a top four finish to be a big ask but no bob lies in second, his team are in the semi final of the fa cup, his record come may 11th could read cup/league/cup in three seasons. throw in a runners up medal this season and i for one long suffering blue will take that all day long.
the club WILL back him this summer and ffs so should we.

he's earned it.

mammutly said:
BillyShears said:
mammutly said:
Ah. The reterospective tactical analysis. Brilliant isn't it? It always is. Of course there is the minor point of the game already having taken place, but that's just a detail.

I won the lottery on Saturday, but I waited for the draw first

What a nonsensical and nonsense reply. Closing your eyes really tightly, sticking your fingers in your ears, and humming really loudly doesn't take away the truth about just how badly wrong Mancini got it yesterday from moment one to leaving without talking to the press and explaining himself and his team.

It's amazing that you could want to so blindly back someone who clearly has limitations both as a manager and as a coach. His ego is absolutely out of control and the writing is on the wall.

One thing keeps sticking in mind regarding your views on Mancini, Billy. It may be a minor point. You wanted him out before we won the FA cup and before we won title.

As I say, probably a minor point.
Very good point and correct

Jack Wills said:
We've fucked around enough changing managers, it got us nowhere. I can't understand why anyone would want Mancini gone when he's given us an FA Cup and Title already. We can't expect other teams to stop winning just because we have a good side, sometimes we won't win the league, this year is one of those times. But next season, if Bobby gets the backing to sign who he wants, I think we will.

If we change managers again it'll be another season of building, some Mancini signings wanting to leave and probably trophyless. We need to stick with what works. Yes we've played some crap football at times this season, but so has everyone, look at Spurs losing to Fulham today. If we'd got RvP in summer we'd be 10 points clear at the top now I reckon - not Bobby's fault we didn't get him. What we have to do is learn from transfer mistakes and pissing about with formations (which I think Mancini now has) and get our title back next season, with Mancini as manager!

I don't think we should give Mancini a total pass because we didn't buy RVP. We had 4 top strikers in the side. Reports were that there was an offer for Balotelli and he refused to sell him. If he had we would have had the money to buy some of those top players he wanted. I'm not sure we ever had a chance at RVP anyway. He wanted to go to United. As long as they made a propper offer he was going to sign with them. We still have a very talented squad and have only played 2-3 really good games all season(not counting the FA Cup games vs lower league squads). Thats not good enough. To not win a game in CL isn't good enough. Let alone finish bottem of the group. Regardless of winning the league or not winning the league the team should be playing much better than they have. Too often have looked dissinterested. Having a bad transfer window doesn't explain those things.

de niro said:
this is laughable it really is. i was unimpressed when i heard mancini was to be our new boss, this was around 6 months before he was appointed. i hoped the deal would fall down and we'd either keep hughes or appoint jose. once installed all my fears came true, he was negative and seriously had no clue about what the prem was all about. his tactics and substitutions were baffling at best. one thing he did do though was he carried himself well, he was and still is class in front of the media and came across so very confident. he won me round to a degree and yes even now he still has me scratching my head at times.

so where are we now?

he wins us the fa cup, beating the rags in the semi, does it get better than that? well yes actually, he won us the league, from an impossible position and again its the rags that are brushed aside.
i'll never forget yayas goals in the semi and final and of course that goal by aguero back in may.

fast forward to august and mancini pleads with the board to cash in on our title success and get the players for us to kick on. the club sat on its hands. january comes and still no improvement in the squad. so nastastic apart bob plods on with a far weaker side than the 11 that won us the title, he endures the worst injury run to key players for quite some time, to any squad a big loss, to a paper thin in quality squad downright disaster.
you'd expect a top four finish to be a big ask but no bob lies in second, his team are in the semi final of the fa cup, his record come may 11th could read cup/league/cup in three seasons. throw in a runners up medal this season and i for one long suffering blue will take that all day long.
the club WILL back him this summer and ffs so should we.

he's earned it.

My feelings to and spot on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.