Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skashion said:
I don't buy this 'sum of its parts' nonsense. It's the same type of logic that led Didsbury Dave to imply Kenny Dalglish, Paul Lambert, Brendon Rogers and Alan Pardew would be preferable to Mancini; because they at least produced teams that perform better than the sum of their parts last season - though not so much this season. I'd rather have evidence that managers can win trophies with their parts. Mancini's won trophies with four clubs so he's done that.

Yes, there's been some regression this year, but there's been regression in our squad too. Last season, Balotelli and Johnson scored 19 goals and 3 assists between them in the league. They haven't been replaced as Sinclair has 0 goals and 0 assists. Meanwhile, the rags have outspent us and bought Van Persie, which undoubtedly strengthened their squad, and did so early on in the window. Unfortunately, that has had the effect of regression. You have to remember anyway, that progression isn't linear. We've had two and a half years of progress, which I have every expectation will resume next season if Mancini is given the chance. You have your good years and your bad years. Have the rags been in constant decline since the treble? Well, no. They've had decline years in which they won nothing, including a trophyless season last year, and including a period where they went without a title for three years on the bounce, and they've had progression years, where they won the title consecutively and added another Champions League. This is a decline year for us, but I'm confident we can bounce back. A poor season, in which we might still win an FA Cup, is not sufficient reason to warrant sacking him when he's had his squad weakened. He deserves another season in which Mancini hasn't been pissed about like he was last summer and this January. Let him make a few marquee signings i.e. the players we were supposedly going for last summer, and failed to sign, and don't make those signings in the last week of the window so he doesn't have pre-season to find out how he can best utilise those players. If he still fails to make progress then, alright, he's got to go.

I think this positively sums up the views of the fans who aren't pedalling the "we didn't win the league this year so the manager must go" line

I cant wait to see all the Mancini out banners at the Newcastle game which I hope you spoilt mard arses have been preparing,,come on,I want all the plastic,JCL's to produce these banners:-

MANCINI OUT

A sad state of affairs that so called city fans want him out. Fickle city fans.
After our years of winning fuck all we now have fans like this on board.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Marvin said:
The story is not about managerial failure but injury to Aguero, the sale of Balotelli, and the affect of rumour on the strikers that remain.

From being the best converter of chances we are now here.

Chance-Conversion21.png
So looking at that what was the point in QPR sacking Mark Hughes. If the strikers took their chances they would be comfortably safe.
QPR's defence was also a problem, and this stat relates to chance conversion Rate. If you don't create many chances but are top of the chance conversion table, you still wont score many goals

Marvin said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Marvin said:
The story is not about managerial failure but injury to Aguero, the sale of Balotelli, and the affect of rumour on the strikers that remain.

From being the best converter of chances we are now here.

Chance-Conversion21.png
So looking at that what was the point in QPR sacking Mark Hughes. If the strikers took their chances they would be comfortably safe.
QPR's defence was also a problem, and this stat relates to chance conversion Rate. If you don't create many chances but are top of the chance conversion table, you still wont score many goals
Our defences wasn't the problem yet Mancini decided to change that on Saturday.

I do understand the table. QPR have scored 26 goals and that's 8% of the chances created. So that means over 300 chances were created. If the would of converted a similar % to us they would of scored around 45 goals. That would easily of kept them up.

From you're view why sack Hughes then? Despite the defensive mistakes the goal difference would of been around -2.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
I cant wait to see all the Mancini out banners at the Newcastle game which I hope you spoilt mard arses have been preparing,,come on,I want all the plastic,JCL's to produce these banners:-

MANCINI OUT

A sad state of affairs that so called city fans want him out. Fickle city fans.
After our years of winning fuck all we now have fans like this on board.

They operate from behind a keyboard alex :)

Alot of fans on here are not so different to a certain Roman Abramovich at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.