Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Am I allowed to be indifferent towards him?
No, but you can be ambivalent ;-)

I find it nigh on intolerable to remain equanimous in the face of such unmitigated obfuscation.
Far-Side-Damned-if-You-Do-Dont_2.jpg

I still speak my mind dispite the inane - "well you must be a rag or know nowt" childish crap -
I didnt want Mancini in the first place, and I havent changed my mind one iota. I believe i've been thoroughly vindicated about my thoughts as to why.

Frankly, with the resources at his disposal there were plenty who could have had the same domestic success as he's had. I believe we won the League inspite of his bizarre tactics and team selections - which have continued again this Season.
The most recent - why change to 3 at the back merely because yaya was injured? Why give an interview just before kick off giving off all the signals of dispair and dispondency because of yaya's injury?

Playing proper centre forwards without wingers, playing 3 at the back without sufficient quality central defenders are just two glaring ones but the list goes on..........

His man management style is crass. Openly blaming players, dropping them after playing their best etc. The days of the 'hairdryer' are well gone.

Our success is down to the owners giving us piles of dosh - not the managers cleverness.

The owners want Euro success - Mancini has an abysmal record there dispite having good teams here and in Italy. Yes, you could argue we were in tough groups - but it was the nature of the wimpy performances AGAIN which rankle with me. I think MOD summed it up perfectly - United and City have the same level in quality BUT ONE IS A TEAM AND THE OTHER ISNT ! That is the biggest indictment of Mancini I can think of.

The only two people who come out of this Season with their heads held high should be ZABALETA AND MILNER. Not the most skilful, but IF the rest had shown the same level of commitment then maybe we'd still be in the title hunt and Europe.........

The team needs a complete overhaul - which I said last summer as it happens. I cant see anyway the owners will give Mancini the 150m it will cost to finance this - I hope not anyway.

I don't like Platt and never have. He was a disaster in management so why he's there I don't know.

So, there we are, at least I stand up and say what I think and not blindly follow the leader for fear of being ganged up on here............

ANY1aBLUE said:
I still speak my mind dispite the inane - "well you must be a rag or know nowt" childish crap -
I didnt want Mancini in the first place, and I havent changed my mind one iota. I believe i've been thoroughly vindicated about my thoughts as to why.

Frankly, with the resources at his disposal there were plenty who could have had the same domestic success as he's had. I believe we won the League inspite of his bizarre tactics and team selections - which have continued again this Season.
The most recent - why change to 3 at the back merely because yaya was injured? Why give an interview just before kick off giving off all the signals of dispair and dispondency because of yaya's injury?

Playing proper centre forwards without wingers, playing 3 at the back without sufficient quality central defenders are just two glaring ones but the list goes on..........

His man management style is crass. Openly blaming players, dropping them after playing their best etc. The days of the 'hairdryer' are well gone.

Our success is down to the owners giving us piles of dosh - not the managers cleverness.

The owners want Euro success - Mancini has an abysmal record there dispite having good teams here and in Italy. Yes, you could argue we were in tough groups - but it was the nature of the wimpy performances AGAIN which rankle with me. I think MOD summed it up perfectly - United and City have the same level in quality BUT ONE IS A TEAM AND THE OTHER ISNT ! That is the biggest indictment of Mancini I can think of.

The only two people who come out of this Season with their heads held high should be ZABALETA AND MILNER. Not the most skilful, but IF the rest had shown the same level of commitment then maybe we'd still be in the title hunt and Europe.........

The team needs a complete overhaul - which I said last summer as it happens. I cant see anyway the owners will give Mancini the 150m it will cost to finance this - I hope not anyway.

I don't like Platt and never have. He was a disaster in management so why he's there I don't know.

So, there we are, at least I stand up and say what I think and not blindly follow the leader for fear of being ganged up on here............
You seem to be blessed with the quality of prescience in abundance.

Any idea what the lottery numbers are going to be on Saturday?

everythingchangesbutblue said:
He won us the league and the fa cup,that buys him 1 more season with me.Has to do better in the champions league and we have to have more than 1 way of playing.

Has to do better in the CL????!!!! What evidence is there that that might happen = none.
He didnt win us the League nor FA Cup - the owners did.
He hasnt got more than one style because he's stubborn and intransigent - and isnt basically as good as some here like to think he is............<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:56 am --<br /><br />
ANY1aBLUE said:

I think if you go back through all last season and summer I was saying the same things here! I have never changed my mind on the problems I see in the Mancini, players we bought and sold or the team overall - its just most here were wearing the blue blinkers!

ANY1aBLUE said:
He won us the league and the fa cup,that buys him 1 more season with me.Has to do better in the champions league and we have to have more than 1 way of playing.

If anybody manages to stumble across a dafter statement than this today,could they please pm me?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
ANY1aBLUE said:

If anybody manages to stumble across a dafter statement than this today,could they please pm me?

I think it's a reasonable statement.

When we win - it's not because of Mancini, not in any way.

When we lose - it's all Mancini's fault.

It all seems very rational to me.

ANY1aBLUE said:

Has to do better in the CL????!!!! What evidence is there that that might happen = none.
He hasnt got more than one style because he's stubborn and intransigent - and isnt basically as good as some here like to think he is............

-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:56 am --

ANY1aBLUE said:

I think if you go back through all last season and summer I was saying the same things here! I have never changed my mind on the problems I see in the Mancini, players we bought and sold or the team overall - its just most here were wearing the blue blinkers!
The evidence is his success in other footballing competitions. It isn't another type of football
and anyway the benchmark is not qualifying from our Champions League group (something which no other Premier League could do) but competing for the title. Winning it in one season, and runners-up (to date) does not equal "the sack".

Danielmanc said:
Skashion said:
I don't buy this 'sum of its parts' nonsense. It's the same type of logic that led Didsbury Dave to imply Kenny Dalglish, Paul Lambert, Brendon Rogers and Alan Pardew would be preferable to Mancini; because they at least produced teams that perform better than the sum of their parts last season - though not so much this season. I'd rather have evidence that managers can win trophies with their parts. Mancini's won trophies with four clubs so he's done that.

Yes, there's been some regression this year, but there's been regression in our squad too. Last season, Balotelli and Johnson scored 19 goals and 3 assists between them in the league. They haven't been replaced as Sinclair has 0 goals and 0 assists. Meanwhile, the rags have outspent us and bought Van Persie, which undoubtedly strengthened their squad, and did so early on in the window. Unfortunately, that has had the effect of regression. You have to remember anyway, that progression isn't linear. We've had two and a half years of progress, which I have every expectation will resume next season if Mancini is given the chance. You have your good years and your bad years. Have the rags been in constant decline since the treble? Well, no. They've had decline years in which they won nothing, including a trophyless season last year, and including a period where they went without a title for three years on the bounce, and they've had progression years, where they won the title consecutively and added another Champions League. This is a decline year for us, but I'm confident we can bounce back. A poor season, in which we might still win an FA Cup, is not sufficient reason to warrant sacking him when he's had his squad weakened. He deserves another season in which Mancini hasn't been pissed about like he was last summer and this January. Let him make a few marquee signings i.e. the players we were supposedly going for last summer, and failed to sign, and don't make those signings in the last week of the window so he doesn't have pre-season to find out how he can best utilise those players. If he still fails to make progress then, alright, he's got to go.

I think this positively sums up the views of the fans who aren't pedalling the "we didn't win the league this year so the manager must go" line

The club has already done this and we cannot afford to keep signing the sort of players he wants when he is not getting the most out of the players he has already bought.

Nasri, Dzeko, Kolarov and Milner are all players Mancini bought and there value have lowered since they have been here. We would be lucky to get 20 mil each for Nasri and Dzeko and 10 mil each for Milner and Kolarov. That is almost a loss of 30 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.