Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
i don't recognise the demotivated team you are talking about.

The performance wasn't good at Everton, but that's not typical. Perhaps it will become more so now the League is lost, but one of the hallmarks of this City team is the spirit. I'm surprised anyone could believe otherwise
I totally believe that the team has spirit. My opinion is that the spirit and determination that the players have has rescued Mancini before now, I believe that it got us back in to the title race last season (despite Mancini looking like he was almost deliberately trying to derail our title bid by time we played at Arsenal) and kept us right up there for the first half of the season. I also think that the spirit and determination has gradually been knocked out of them. I'm sure it's still there, somewhere, but they aren't showing it much at the moment. I do realise though that I have reached the stage where I now blame Mancini for everything that goes wrong and praise the players when things go right. One thing I do know is that we should be doing an awful lot better than we are with the quality of player we have and someone needs to be held responsible. I respect the opinion of those who would rather see us replace half the squad than replace the manager, I just think they are totally wrong.

Lancet Fluke said:
Marvin said:

The performance wasn't good at Everton, but that's not typical. Perhaps it will become more so now the League is lost, but one of the hallmarks of this City team is the spirit. I'm surprised anyone could believe otherwise
I totally believe that the team has spirit. My opinion is that the spirit and determination that the players have has rescued Mancini before now, I believe that it got us back in to the title race last season (despite Mancini looking like he was almost deliberately trying to derail our title bid by time we played at Arsenal) and kept us right up there for the first half of the season. I also think that the spirit and determination has gradually been knocked out of them. I'm sure it's still there, somewhere, but they aren't showing it much at the moment. I do realise though that I have reached the stage where I now blame Mancini for everything that goes wrong and praise the players when things go right. One thing I do know is that we should be doing an awful lot better than we are with the quality of player we have and someone needs to be held responsible. I respect the opinion of those who would rather see us replace half the squad than replace the manager, I just think they are totally wrong.
I don't think we need to replace half the team. I think we need just one or two forwards because that is our only weakness. You could have Mourinho in charge, but he wouldn't get more out of Tevez and Dzeko up front. they just don't work as a forward pair. That has been a recurrent theme throughout the last two seasons - we have had 4 top strikers, but only Aguero and Teve work, or one from those two up top.

The only thing i would criticise Mancini for is for not picking Balotelli and making him the No. 1 striker at the start of the season. I don't think he was given a chance, and a parting of the ways became inevitable ..... and the same thing seems to be happening now with Dzeko.

Perhaps we could have anticipated the striking problems last season. Ferguson often changes his players when no one else sees a problem, but when you are close to the squad perhaps you should foresee these developments. Injury to Aguero - no one can criticise him for that - and that takes a huge amount from the team. Are any of mancini's critics allowing for that? He is and always has been our No. 1 striker. Take him out and it makes a difference as it would to any team

Lancet Fluke said:
Marvin said:

They are incorrect, but so are you. Our fans often overestimate our squad. It has severe weaknesses, and one reason I've been fond of the idea of bringing in Mourinho is he wouldn't tolerate having some of our players on the pitch.

i would just like to thank bobby for his efforts,in his 3 seasons at the club we have come third,proberly second and a magnificent first,we have won the fa cup and the coomunity shield and were off to wembley againand if we can finish top 3 every year thats great and the odd cup final would be nice,please ignore all the negative people on here,and im sure if you had the backing last summer we would have maybe won the league(van persie)i look forward to next few years under you,remember the stretford end banner seems along time ago,and if you listen to negative people you could make stupid decisions,what if utd.had sack ed fergie.come on back your manager he is a winner.

jackrussel said:
i would just like to thank bobby for his efforts,in his 3 seasons at the club we have come third,proberly second and a magnificent first,we have won the fa cup and the coomunity shield and were off to wembley againand if we can finish top 3 every year thats great and the odd cup final would be nice,please ignore all the negative people on here,and im sure if you had the backing last summer we would have maybe won the league(van persie)i look forward to next few years under you,remember the stretford end banner seems along time ago,and if you listen to negative people you could make stupid decisions,what if utd.had sack ed fergie.come on back your manager he is a winner.

nice one,wait is that abuse i hear being typed!

jackrussel said:

good post, but city is a business that needs to progress. whether the owners decide we'll be better with mancini or without we'll soon find out.

regardless, i'll always love him.

jackrussel said:

Well said.

Marvin said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Marvin said:

I don't think we need to replace half the team. I think we need just one or two forwards because that is our only weakness. You could have Mourinho in charge, but he wouldn't get more out of Tevez and Dzeko up front. they just don't work as a forward pair. That has been a recurrent theme throughout the last two seasons - we have had 4 top strikers, but only Aguero and Teve work, or one from those two up top.

The only thing i would criticise Mancini for is for not picking Balotelli and making him the No. 1 striker at the start of the season. I don't think he was given a chance, and a parting of the ways became inevitable ..... and the same thing seems to be happening now with Dzeko.

Perhaps we could have anticipated the striking problems last season. Ferguson often changes his players when no one else sees a problem, but when you are close to the squad perhaps you should foresee these developments. Injury to Aguero - no one can criticise him for that - and that takes a huge amount from the team. Are any of mancini's critics allowing for that? He is and always has been our No. 1 striker. Take him out and it makes a difference as it would to any team

Take 3 world class players out of the spine of any team and they will struggle. If Kompany, YaYa and Sergio had started on Saturday then the result may well have gone in our favour. Factor in that they have been missing for large parts of the season and you can see why we have not hit top form. We were lucky with injuries last season and that was a major reason why we won it.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:29 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Marvin said:

Take 3 world class players out of the spine of any team and they will struggle. If Kompany, YaYa and Sergio had started on Saturday then the result may well have gone in our favour. Factor in that they have been missing for large parts of the season and you can see why we have not hit top form. We were lucky with injuries last season and that was a major reason why we won it.

injuries happen but its the recovery that i question this year,no-one seems to be properly recoved when they come back,something we need to look at before next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.