Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't recognise the demotivated team you are talking about.

The performance wasn't good at Everton, but that's not typical. Perhaps it will become more so now the League is lost, but one of the hallmarks of this City team is the spirit. I'm surprised anyone could believe otherwise

whicko said:
BillyShears said:
Lancet Fluke said:
You'd think it would be almost impossible to reduce them to the bunch of utterly demotivated "strangers" we have seen at times. Almost...

So sad and so true at the same time. I only hope Txiki and Ferran have seen enough and Mancini is politely dispensed with this summer and replaced with someone who can at least make the team the sum of its parts ...

If they do give him another season and a bunch of money to spend this summer I can honestly say I will be stunned and very worried for next season.
Billy please explain why you have such faith in these two Spaniards, if they were that good why were they ousted in the Barca shake up? and why did no other club snap them up? it will all end in tears.

If I explain promise you you'll do a bit of research yourself as well. Soriano and Begiristain joined Barcelona at a time when the club was mid table in the Spanish league, in masses of debt, with a fat overblown overpaid squad that was under performing. They undertook a root and branch review of the club both on and off the field, and then implemented a plan which saw Barca become the richest, most powerful, most successful club of the last decade. All this whilst blooding countless youngsters from their own youth academy.

They weren't ousted in a shake up. When president Joan Laporta was voted out as club president, his team went with him, including Txiki and Ferran. I can't speak for Soriano but it's a fact that for the last two year Abramovich has done everything in his power to hire Txiki.

I've been a Mancini inner but the games against Southampton and Everton have got me wondering.

I think it was relatively easy the last couple of years to sell in the concept of 'making history'. The #together campaign and everything. This year and future years to come, City will always be Top 4 (hopefully), and it's about giving the players the hunger, no matter what previous years have looked like.

To be honest, I don't think Mancini is the man to give the players this type of hunger and when we miss natural leaders on the pitch (Kompany, De Jong and to a certain extent Yaya), our players are confused. Neither do they seem to get the support they badly need from Mancini. Some recent comments in media that players are playing for there survival etc have not helped either.

Mourinho has a huge ego but sometimes the focus on him makes the team play a lot better. We had a similar effect after the Arsenal loss last year but instead of taking pressure of the players this year, Mancini seems to put pressure on them. Mourinho can take criticism if it is for the better of the team, something I still haven't seen happening with Mancini.

I had the same feeling with the draw results that ultimately became the end of the Hughes era and a 3-3 draw at home against Hull could maybe be comparable to a 1-3 loss against Southampton in this case. It feels like Mancini has taken us to the next level. To kick off from here and to be a semi-final team in CL year after year, maybe someone else has to be in charge.

Don't judge me by the post count, I live by the 'less is more' motto.

Marvin said:
i don't recognise the demotivated team you are talking about.

The performance wasn't good at Everton, but that's not typical. Perhaps it will become more so now the League is lost, but one of the hallmarks of this City team is the spirit. I'm surprised anyone could believe otherwise

Marvin - I fully appreciate your loyalty and positive attitude to Mancini - but can you explain the below please

2011/2012 - season - We had a blistering start to the season - upto and including the QPR away game - and then our home form and UTD imploding at the end gave us the league
from Liverpool away onwards -
MCFC – 55 points – 26 games
MUFC – 60 Points – 26 games

more worryingly Our away upto and inc QPR away
P - 6
W - 5
D - 1
Scored - 23
Against - 8

From then onwards
P - 13
W - 5
D - 3
L - 5
Scored - 15
Against - 9

The reason I have chose QPR is that was the first time I saw a Prem team take on tactics from one of the opposition teams from the Champs League. High Press and quick attack - Usual teams Liverpool, Everton, Sunderland we still have Swansea to go to.

Away form has still not been addressed this season - surely that is down to tactics and can't keep blaming players

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Lancet Fluke said:
crystal_mais said:
we need a manager who knows how to get the best out of the players

This and only this. We have had a season of excuse making and it's beginning to wear thin. Whether it be people claiming that everything is fine but we just need the strikers to take their chances, us not signing van persie, teams parking the bus against us but not against united. It's generally bull shit, anyone with eyes in their head has been able to see that something has not been right from the very start of the season. The reality is that if the manager got the best out of the players we have then we would certainly not be anywhere near 15 points behind united, we'd be right up there challenging. There's talk of a clear out of players in the summer, that really worries me. We have an excellent squad that needs two or three changes and then for them to play to their potential on a regular basis. That, to me at least, seems infinitely preferable to the alternative that is keeping the manager, getting rid of loads of players who no longer seem arsed about playing for him and then presumably have the same scale of clearout every other season when the next lot of players get sick of working for a manager who seems to get a kick out of constant conflict.

this x 1

THIS!

blueinmadrid said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
Lancet Fluke said:
This and only this. We have had a season of excuse making and it's beginning to wear thin. Whether it be people claiming that everything is fine but we just need the strikers to take their chances, us not signing van persie, teams parking the bus against us but not against united. It's generally bull shit, anyone with eyes in their head has been able to see that something has not been right from the very start of the season. The reality is that if the manager got the best out of the players we have then we would certainly not be anywhere near 15 points behind united, we'd be right up there challenging. There's talk of a clear out of players in the summer, that really worries me. We have an excellent squad that needs two or three changes and then for them to play to their potential on a regular basis. That, to me at least, seems infinitely preferable to the alternative that is keeping the manager, getting rid of loads of players who no longer seem arsed about playing for him and then presumably have the same scale of clearout every other season when the next lot of players get sick of working for a manager who seems to get a kick out of constant conflict.

this x 1

THIS!
How about those of us who would prefer certain unnamed managers and additionally think some of our overrated players need to be kicked to the curb?

BillyShears said:
whicko said:
BillyShears said:
So sad and so true at the same time. I only hope Txiki and Ferran have seen enough and Mancini is politely dispensed with this summer and replaced with someone who can at least make the team the sum of its parts ...

If they do give him another season and a bunch of money to spend this summer I can honestly say I will be stunned and very worried for next season.
Billy please explain why you have such faith in these two Spaniards, if they were that good why were they ousted in the Barca shake up? and why did no other club snap them up? it will all end in tears.

If I explain promise you you'll do a bit of research yourself as well. Soriano and Begiristain joined Barcelona at a time when the club was mid table in the Spanish league, in masses of debt, with a fat overblown overpaid squad that was under performing. They undertook a root and branch review of the club both on and off the field, and then implemented a plan which saw Barca become the richest, most powerful, most successful club of the last decade. All this whilst blooding countless youngsters from their own youth academy.

They weren't ousted in a shake up. When president Joan Laporta was voted out as club president, his team went with him, including Txiki and Ferran. I can't speak for Soriano but it's a fact that for the last two year Abramovich has done everything in his power to hire Txiki.
Billy the fact Abramovich has tried to employ him fills me with even more fear when you consider his track record re managerial appointments, hardly a good judge when it comes to managerial positions and didn't he also sack Peter Kenyon which coincided with the decline of Chelsea?

noirish said:
I've been a Mancini inner but the games against Southampton and Everton have got me wondering.

I think it was relatively easy the last couple of years to sell in the concept of 'making history'. The #together campaign and everything. This year and future years to come, City will always be Top 4 (hopefully), and it's about giving the players the hunger, no matter what previous years have looked like.

To be honest, I don't think Mancini is the man to give the players this type of hunger and when we miss natural leaders on the pitch (Kompany, De Jong and to a certain extent Yaya), our players are confused. Neither do they seem to get the support they badly need from Mancini. Some recent comments in media that players are playing for there survival etc have not helped either.

Mourinho has a huge ego but sometimes the focus on him makes the team play a lot better. We had a similar effect after the Arsenal loss last year but instead of taking pressure of the players this year, Mancini seems to put pressure on them. Mourinho can take criticism if it is for the better of the team, something I still haven't seen happening with Mancini.

I had the same feeling with the draw results that ultimately became the end of the Hughes era and a 3-3 draw at home against Hull could maybe be comparable to a 1-3 loss against Southampton in this case. It feels like Mancini has taken us to the next level. To kick off from here and to be a semi-final team in CL year after year, maybe someone else has to be in charge.

Another excellent reasoned post from someone who sees the greater limitations Mancini has. I wonder how many deep down inside have changed their minds on the manager in the last couple of months ...<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:19 pm --<br /><br />
whicko said:
Billy the fact Abramovich has tried to employ him fills me with even more fear when you consider his track record re managerial appointments, hardly a good judge when it comes to managerial positions and didn't he also sack Peter Kenyon which coincided with the decline of Chelsea?

He wanted Txiki for the same reasons we do. So one person can be placed in charge of the technical hiring/firing/buying/selling side of the a football club ...

BillyShears said:
noirish said:

Another excellent reasoned post from someone who sees the greater limitations Mancini has. I wonder how many deep down inside have changed their minds on the manager in the last couple of months ...

-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:19 pm --

whicko said:

He wanted Txiki for the same reasons we do. So one person can be placed in charge of the technical hiring/firing/buying/selling side of the a football club ...
Billy, not convinced but hey opinions are like arseholes.....we all have them.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
I think if you go back through all last season and summer I was saying the same things here! I have never changed my mind on the problems I see in the Mancini, players we bought and sold or the team overall - its just most here were wearing the blue blinkers!

I decided to take you up on your offer. You posted this on 31st March 2012:

I haven't posted here for a while - cos i was fed up with the abuse for criticising the management at MY Club. I believe now I have been fully vindicated in my opinion that Mancini was never the 'great masiah' he was foolishly being portrayed as.

The only good thing to come of the; abysmal, negative, tired, inept, bottless, performances we have witnessed since xmas (just as last season), is that Mancini will be given his cards - and i for one will be over the bluemoon about that!

I am absolutely apoplectic - goodness only knows what the owners are thinking having given this bloke £250 of their money...................they wont make that mistake again. Its also clear to me that alot of these players don not want to play for him any more.

Glad I couldnt get to this game......................

And then from there until the end of last season nothing of a particularly negative nature. In actual fact you didn't post from 3rd April until 9th May, when things were going rather well, so your specious claims that....

I think if you go back through all last season and summer I was saying the same things

...don't really hold much water.

Easy being vindicated when you can misrepresent your powers of prediction to the misleading extent that you have.

TIMES REALLY ARE HARD FOR THE SHEIKH THEN, DON'T EXPECT TOO MUCH TRANSFER ACTIVITY IN THE SUMMER!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.