Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancet Fluke said:
crystal_mais said:
we need a manager who knows how to get the best out of the players

This and only this. We have had a season of excuse making and it's beginning to wear thin. Whether it be people claiming that everything is fine but we just need the strikers to take their chances, us not signing van persie, teams parking the bus against us but not against united. It's generally bull shit, anyone with eyes in their head has been able to see that something has not been right from the very start of the season. The reality is that if the manager got the best out of the players we have then we would certainly not be anywhere near 15 points behind united, we'd be right up there challenging. There's talk of a clear out of players in the summer, that really worries me. We have an excellent squad that needs two or three changes and then for them to play to their potential on a regular basis. That, to me at least, seems infinitely preferable to the alternative that is keeping the manager, getting rid of loads of players who no longer seem arsed about playing for him and then presumably have the same scale of clearout every other season when the next lot of players get sick of working for a manager who seems to get a kick out of constant conflict.

this x 1

BillyShears said:
Marvin said:
You really think a players fortunes at a club really come down to whether they rub along with the manager.

A manager's job is to get the best out of the players at his disposal. Do you agree with that ?

It's down to football and whether they do their jobs on the pitch.

And who's job is it to ensure they do their jobs on the pitch ?

Futures are up in the air because contracts are coming up to the time when the club considers an extension. Nothing else.

And why don't we/the players want to extend contracts ?

Why put Garcia in the questionable bracket?

Because he's not good enough to play in the PL regularly and is no better than Barry, Rodwell, and Yaya at being a defensive midfield player.

but I think you are taking journalist speculation at face-value. Some of them are remarkably ignorant about MCFC

I know what I'm talking about when it comes to players who's futures are up in the air. Just as I knew what I was talking about when I told you months ago Balotelli would be gone in January and you mocked me.
Did I mock you? If so, I am sorry and that was a bit stupid as looking back it all seems so inevitable.

Garcia I rate very highly. I don't regard Yaya Toure as a defensive midfielder. I know we often play him deep. He's very good at picking out long passes from that position and in making long, penetrating runs from that position but he is utterly useless at defending without the ball. Garcia is brilliant at defending. His tackling is not as fierce as De Jong, but it is still very good and one of the reasons our defensive record is so good at the moment, even without Kompany is because Garcia is doing such a good job in midfield. Rodwell is for me a box to box midfielder who can arrive late in the penalty area

The relationship between the manager and players is hugely important: if it is wrong, the players will not perform to their best consistently.

The indications are that Mancini's relationship with the players has never been great and is getting worse.

Mancini's approach my work in the short-term; it may give a team a needed kick-up the backside in the manager's early days but I do not believe it is a recipe for long-term success.

Marvin said:
BillyShears said:
Marvin said:
You really think a players fortunes at a club really come down to whether they rub along with the manager.

A manager's job is to get the best out of the players at his disposal. Do you agree with that ?

It's down to football and whether they do their jobs on the pitch.

And who's job is it to ensure they do their jobs on the pitch ?

Futures are up in the air because contracts are coming up to the time when the club considers an extension. Nothing else.

And why don't we/the players want to extend contracts ?

Why put Garcia in the questionable bracket?

Because he's not good enough to play in the PL regularly and is no better than Barry, Rodwell, and Yaya at being a defensive midfield player.

but I think you are taking journalist speculation at face-value. Some of them are remarkably ignorant about MCFC

I know what I'm talking about when it comes to players who's futures are up in the air. Just as I knew what I was talking about when I told you months ago Balotelli would be gone in January and you mocked me.
Did I mock you? If so, I am sorry and that was a bit stupid as looking back it all seems so inevitable.

Garcia I rate very highly. I don't regard Yaya Toure as a defensive midfielder. I know we often play him deep. He's very good at picking out long passes from that position and in making long, penetrating runs from that position but he is utterly useless at defending without the ball. Garcia is brilliant at defending. His tackling is not as fierce as De Jong, but it is still very good and one of the reasons our defensive record is so good at the moment, even without Kompany is because Garcia is doing such a good job in midfield. Rodwell is for me a box to box midfielder who can arrive late in the penalty area
I don't regard Garcia as a defensive midfielder. I haven't worked out quite what the fuck he is yet but he certainly isn't a defensive midfielder.

Marvin said:

If Mancini goes this summer I wonder if you'll think it was in hindsight as inevitable ...<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:30 pm --<br /><br />
OB1 said:
The relationship between the manager and players is hugely important: if it is wrong, the players will not perform to their best consistently.

The indications are that Mancini's relationship with the players has never been great and is getting worse.

Mancini's approach my work in the short-term; it may give a team a needed kick-up the backside in the manager's early days but I do not believe it is a recipe for long-term success.

Whenever Mancini's man management is discussed I'm reminded of what Philip Lahm said about Felix Magath's time at Bayern.

"Felix Magath works with pressure," Lahm writes. "At first, we didn't know where we stood with him. That prompted the players to give their best because they wanted to play, but after a while the players knew where they stood and Magath no longer received the same effect."

"In the 2006/07 season, we had a poor campaign," he adds. "Too many players felt like they were put in a backwater. [Magath] didn't reach the desired goals with his methods." Lahm describes the rift that developed between the players and Magath as a "stress fracture."

Lancet Fluke said:
crystal_mais said:

This and only this. We have had a season of excuse making and it's beginning to wear thin. Whether it be people claiming that everything is fine but we just need the strikers to take their chances, us not signing van persie, teams parking the bus against us but not against united. It's generally bull shit, anyone with eyes in their head has been able to see that something has not been right from the very start of the season. The reality is that if the manager got the best out of the players we have then we would certainly not be anywhere near 15 points behind united, we'd be right up there challenging. There's talk of a clear out of players in the summer, that really worries me. We have an excellent squad that needs two or three changes and then for them to play to their potential on a regular basis. That, to me at least, seems infinitely preferable to the alternative that is keeping the manager, getting rid of loads of players who no longer seem arsed about playing for him and then presumably have the same scale of clearout every other season when the next lot of players get sick of working for a manager who seems to get a kick out of constant conflict.
Exactly how I see it. The squad is imbalanced but it does not need major surgery. Even taking away some of this aummer's bad signings, there is a core of class that would be the envy of any manager in the premier league and would get into the elite squads in Europe.

Hart, clichy, kompany, nasty, yaya, Barry, silva, Tevez, aguero. When you also consider that the likes of dzeko, Richards, zab and Milner are hard working respected pros, you realise that the problem is at the top.

These are not a bunch of temperamental, work shy, don't-blame-me prima donnas. They were all supposedly recruited partly because of their mentality. The club delighted in telling us of their 50 page dossiers.

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:
crystal_mais said:

Exactly how I see it. The squad is imbalanced but it does not need major surgery. Even taking away some of this aummer's bad signings, there is a core of class that would be the envy of any manager in the premier league and would get into the elite squads in Europe.

Hart, clichy, kompany, nasty, yaya, Barry, silva, Tevez, aguero. When you also consider that the likes of dzeko, Richards, zab and Milner are hard working respected pros, you realise that the problem is at the top.

These are not a bunch of temperamental, work shy, don't-blame-me prima donnas. They were all supposedly recruited partly because of their mentality. The club delighted in telling us of their 50 page dossiers.

were these 50 pg dossiers part of the dodgy set that got us into Iraq?

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:
crystal_mais said:

We saw during the run in last season and quite a few times in the first half of this season when the sheer determination of the players kept getting us late wins (despite the team never at any point functioning properly) that we do have a really determined and professional group of players by and large. You'd think it would be almost impossible to reduce them to the bunch of utterly demotivated "strangers" we have seen at times. Almost...

Lancet Fluke said:
You'd think it would be almost impossible to reduce them to the bunch of utterly demotivated "strangers" we have seen at times. Almost...

So sad and so true at the same time. I only hope Txiki and Ferran have seen enough and Mancini is politely dispensed with this summer and replaced with someone who can at least make the team the sum of its parts ...

If they do give him another season and a bunch of money to spend this summer I can honestly say I will be stunned and very worried for next season.

BillyShears said:
Lancet Fluke said:
You'd think it would be almost impossible to reduce them to the bunch of utterly demotivated "strangers" we have seen at times. Almost...

So sad and so true at the same time. I only hope Txiki and Ferran have seen enough and Mancini is politely dispensed with this summer and replaced with someone who can at least make the team the sum of its parts ...

If they do give him another season and a bunch of money to spend this summer I can honestly say I will be stunned and very worried for next season.
Billy please explain why you have such faith in these two Spaniards, if they were that good why were they ousted in the Barca shake up? and why did no other club snap them up? it will all end in tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.