Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
city91 said:
karen7 said:
city91 said:
This 100%

I can understand why some people are loyal to Mancini and admire it but sometimes that loyalty turns into an obsession where he can do no wrong.

He has done loads wrong but enough right to be backed in the summer and next season

That depends on the size of the backing in the summer, in no way what so ever should we spend another 100 million (despite who we sell) with Mancini in charge. In his time at City he has shown himself to be a poor manager in the transfer market.

One or two signings have not been a great success but poor is a bit OTT

karen7 said:
Andouble said:
I like Mancini but think it may be time to move on. He hasn't adjusted enough and is to dependent on players coming in to do things the way he wants rather than work with what we have.

Nice win over the rags in the Cup, finish 2nd with a trophy and mutually part ways as he goes back to Italy or Zenit.

And the more I think about it the more I'm starting to want Pellegrini, even if his trophy count is much less than Mancini's, I think he brings more creativity to the table and gets more out of his players.

so why has he won less trophies?

I can't say I've done a lot of research on him, but his one season with Real he led them to an amazing 95 points. Problem was Barcelona was record-breaking that year and finished with 99.

This year he has a team in the quarter-finals of the CL and they are probably the least talented bunch of the 8 remaining.

From all accounts his players respect him and run through walls for him and he's a top motivater. As has been brought up in this lengthy thread dozens of times, Mancini as his own methods of motivation but after 3+ years they have worn thin.

I don't know if I'm officially a Mancini Out'er, it depends on who the replacement would be and I don't think we'd sack him just for the sake of it to bring in someone like the interim Spanish waiter.

SPIDERBOY said:
Says it all,for me....IMO

Manchester City - Worst title defence since Blackburn Rovers

Should Manchester City be embarrassed at the way their title hopes have disintegrated?

1995-96 is not a year Manchester City fans will care much for. The club were relegated on goal difference on the final day, methodology which saw them win the league last season.

The year also saw a quite pathetic Premier League title defence from reigning champions Blackburn Rovers.

After edging out United by a single point a year earlier, Rovers were simply not the same force the following campaign, finishing in seventh place.

By time May 1996 arrived, they finished 21 points behind league champions Manchester United and were never a factor in the title race with Newcastle pushing closest.

If the current Premier League season were to end tomorrow, Manchester City's title defence would equal the worst in the Premier League since Blackburn, just one point away from such an ignominy.

At 15 points behind Manchester United, the reigning champions are fast becoming a speck in the Red Devils' rear view mirrors.

The bad news for City is that United are unlikely to relent either, spurred on by memories of last season's dramatic collapse.

Roberto Mancini's men may wonder how it got quite this bad, but they may want to consider just quite how they are so far behind. After all they have lost just two games of the last 10 in the Premier League.

Yet the damage was done early on, with the Manchester derby at the Etihad a huge swing for United. Sir Alex Ferguson's men have gone better than City over the last 10, winning nine of their last 10 games, only dropping points when they conceded a last minute equaliser away to Tottenham.

It will not be fact that United are likely to retain the trophy which will haunt City or Roberto Mancini, but the manner of the challenge put to them.

Preceded by their pitiful Champions League efforts - two points from six games, the worst ever from an English side - City's title defence is asking serious questions.

The players are busy talking about not giving up, and hoping United will slip up under pressure, but right now the champions are not applying any of that pressure.

They were unlucky not to have been awarded a penalty which would have drawn the game away to Everton, but City were still unable to make more of the advantage they were given when Steven Pienaar was sent off, and eventually went down 2-0.

Mancini will be determined to try and close the gap at the top, because simply put 15 points is not good enough.

The most United have ever lost the title they were defending by under Sir Alex is also 15 points, in 2003-04 when they finished behind Arsenal's unbeaten 'Invincibles'. City must not do worse than this and take a crown United had no pleasure in, being the worst defending champions since Blackburn.

If Mancini and Manchester City want an initial challenge to aim for, firstly it should be not to end up with the gap above 15 points, but secondly to try and close it to single figures.

Sadly for City fans that's the situation. It isn't if United will win the title, but by how much.

So its not the worst really

on "Mancini doesnt accept criticism or responsibility":

Don't buy this for one minute. He has definitely said things like "I know what's wrong" after a loss, or "This was my fault" etc. etc.

And as for taking shit off the press, I'm not surprised he doesn't let that happen too often, because they're all fucking idiots. I wouldn't let myself get mugged off by a load of self righteous knobs every week, so I don't expect Mancini to. His interviews with CityTV are far more telling of the manager than press conferences with a load of journalists waiting for their chance to twist the knife. (Rags certainly wouldn't throw red nose into the lions den like we do with Bobby).

I'm not saying he shouldn't have to answer to problems, but I think he does, regularly, take criticism and accept responsibility. Certainly far more than he gets credit for. Besides, how does anyone on here know what he says to the players in the privacy of their training sessions? He may be saying one thing to the media and a totally different thing to the players.

I'm not an 'inner' or an 'outer', I'm open to the possibility of change, but I certainly feel that a lot of posts on our manager are born of nothing short of vitriol, and a love to say "I told you so"

Also, look at some of the title defenses of the teams managed by men this board go wild for.

Mourinho is 13 points off Barca, and thats with Barca being off form recently.

Klopp and Dortmund are 20 points off top spot in Germany.

Both these managers are exceptional managers, but these things happen. It's how managers respond to failure which is more important in my opinion.

Im most uncomfortable with him taking all the blame and the players are not taking their fair share,there is plenty that should motivate them aside from whether you like your boss or not,i dont like mine but i would not let my customers down and i get paid!

grim up north said:
city91 said:
karen7 said:
He has done loads wrong but enough right to be backed in the summer and next season

That depends on the size of the backing in the summer, in no way what so ever should we spend another 100 million (despite who we sell) with Mancini in charge. In his time at City he has shown himself to be a poor manager in the transfer market.

One or two signings have not been a great success but poor is a bit OTT

IMO I think he has been poor in the transfer window. I am not saying that the players he has bought are crap but I just cant justify spending 20+ million on players then playing them out of position or not to their strengths.

SPIDERBOY said:
jackrussel said:
i would just like to thank bobby for his efforts,in his 3 seasons at the club we have come third,proberly second and a magnificent first,we have won the fa cup and the coomunity shield and were off to wembley againand if we can finish top 3 every year thats great and the odd cup final would be nice,please ignore all the negative people on here,and im sure if you had the backing last summer we would have maybe won the league(van persie)i look forward to next few years under you,remember the stretford end banner seems along time ago,and if you listen to negative people you could make stupid decisions,what if utd.had sack ed fergie.come on back your manager he is a winner.

Finish top 3 every year?....personally,I want to finish 1st every year...END OF.....and with the money sheikh mansour has pumped in to our club,I'm pretty sure he would agree with me.
do you really think we can come first every year,if you are in the top 3 that means you are challenging for the title every year.if we had pumped money in last summer the momentem would have continued from last season,united would the league bec ause fergie was backed and got all the players he wanted.bobby was,nt.

This might be more of a non-footalling reason for a replacement than a footballing one, but him fucking off after a game to let Platt or Kidd do the interviews, those are things baconface has done for years that has incensed us.

Him leaving the field before the ref blew the final whistle on Saturday was awful.

grim up north said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Says it all,for me....IMO

Manchester City - Worst title defence since Blackburn Rovers

Should Manchester City be embarrassed at the way their title hopes have disintegrated?

1995-96 is not a year Manchester City fans will care much for. The club were relegated on goal difference on the final day, methodology which saw them win the league last season.

The year also saw a quite pathetic Premier League title defence from reigning champions Blackburn Rovers.

After edging out United by a single point a year earlier, Rovers were simply not the same force the following campaign, finishing in seventh place.

By time May 1996 arrived, they finished 21 points behind league champions Manchester United and were never a factor in the title race with Newcastle pushing closest.

If the current Premier League season were to end tomorrow, Manchester City's title defence would equal the worst in the Premier League since Blackburn, just one point away from such an ignominy.

At 15 points behind Manchester United, the reigning champions are fast becoming a speck in the Red Devils' rear view mirrors.

The bad news for City is that United are unlikely to relent either, spurred on by memories of last season's dramatic collapse.

Roberto Mancini's men may wonder how it got quite this bad, but they may want to consider just quite how they are so far behind. After all they have lost just two games of the last 10 in the Premier League.

Yet the damage was done early on, with the Manchester derby at the Etihad a huge swing for United. Sir Alex Ferguson's men have gone better than City over the last 10, winning nine of their last 10 games, only dropping points when they conceded a last minute equaliser away to Tottenham.

It will not be fact that United are likely to retain the trophy which will haunt City or Roberto Mancini, but the manner of the challenge put to them.

Preceded by their pitiful Champions League efforts - two points from six games, the worst ever from an English side - City's title defence is asking serious questions.

The players are busy talking about not giving up, and hoping United will slip up under pressure, but right now the champions are not applying any of that pressure.

They were unlucky not to have been awarded a penalty which would have drawn the game away to Everton, but City were still unable to make more of the advantage they were given when Steven Pienaar was sent off, and eventually went down 2-0.

Mancini will be determined to try and close the gap at the top, because simply put 15 points is not good enough.

The most United have ever lost the title they were defending by under Sir Alex is also 15 points, in 2003-04 when they finished behind Arsenal's unbeaten 'Invincibles'. City must not do worse than this and take a crown United had no pleasure in, being the worst defending champions since Blackburn.

If Mancini and Manchester City want an initial challenge to aim for, firstly it should be not to end up with the gap above 15 points, but secondly to try and close it to single figures.

Sadly for City fans that's the situation. It isn't if United will win the title, but by how much.

So its not the worst really

Not as yet.

Andouble said:
This might be more of a non-footalling reason for a replacement than a footballing one, but him fucking off after a game to let Platt or Kidd do the interviews, those are things baconface has done for years that has incensed us.

Him leaving the field before the ref blew the final whistle on Saturday was awful.
no it was the prudent thing todo under the circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.