Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
jackrussel said:
dave if you finish in the top 3 every year it means you are challenging for the title.you cant win it every year and if we had backed bobby in the summer(van persie)like fergie was backed who got all his targets we would be now 15 points clear.

Finishing top 3 doesnt mean we are challenging for the title as this seasons limp effort testifies.We should be pushing our rivals all the way to the final game.

Fergie got all his targets? how do you know? he certainly didnt get at least one - Hazard........

We didnt get RVP because Bobby had previously been given 90m to sign his other 3 strikers........ do you not think that was enough??

jackrussel said:
Lancet Fluke said:
crystal_mais said:
doesn't seem like he's learning - he may carry on making the same mistakes next year - actually I think he will. It's his character

What do we do then? Risk based decisions.

My worry is that if Mancini stays in the summer but doesn't stop the regression and get back to some actual progression then we will end up sacking him mid season (probably December when we've been humiliated in the CL again) which will be a nightmare as getting a decent replacement will be a real problem. If Soriano keeps him on he needs to be very sure that this season has just been a blip.
if bobby was backed last summer there would,nt have been any regression,lets hope he gets his targets next summer and we regain the lost momentum.
Doesn't answer why the players we have have regressed though, does it? How many players have performed anywhere near as well as they did last season? Possibly only Zabba. Please don't tell me that all the players we have from last season have played significantly worse because we didn't sign Hazard or van persie. It is so clear there is more to it than that. Although I do accept that the transfer window did not help matters.

jackrussel said:
Lancet Fluke said:
crystal_mais said:
doesn't seem like he's learning - he may carry on making the same mistakes next year - actually I think he will. It's his character

What do we do then? Risk based decisions.

My worry is that if Mancini stays in the summer but doesn't stop the regression and get back to some actual progression then we will end up sacking him mid season (probably December when we've been humiliated in the CL again) which will be a nightmare as getting a decent replacement will be a real problem. If Soriano keeps him on he needs to be very sure that this season has just been a blip.
if bobby was backed last summer there would,nt have been any regression,lets hope he gets his targets next summer and we regain the lost momentum.

I've asked the question to many today and previously and non of the Mancini supporters have been able to provide a response. There has been an obvious problem - apparent since last season - still there today

How does Mancini address his obvious short comings. You press on about Ferguson - he has adapted over time since his first days in Scotland to what he is today - his players would run through brick walls for him.

Last season points from 26th Nov -
MCFC – 55 points – 26 games
MUFC – 60 Points – 26 games

more worryingly Our away form upto and inc QPR away
P - 6
W - 5
D - 1
Scored - 23
Against - 8

From then onwards
P - 13
W - 5
D - 3
L - 5
Scored - 15
Against - 9

This seasons away form has been just as poor

The reason I have chose QPR is that was the first time I saw a Prem team take on tactics from one of the opposition teams from the Champs League. High Press and quick attack - Usual teams Liverpool, Everton, Sunderland we still have Swansea to go to.

I may sound like a broken record - but it's there for all to see

Lancet Fluke said:
jackrussel said:
if we had backed bobby in the summer(van persie)like fergie was backed who got all his targets we would be now 15 points clear.

This argument annoys me, not because there is no truth in it at all but because it totally ignores the fact that Mancini has not got anywhere near the best out of the players we do have yet people are worrying about players we don't have. If we were playing as well as possible and were still behind united then I'd accept that the points difference is down to summer aquisitions but as it is, the underperformance worries me more. And who is to say how van persie would have played for us, after all I was led to believe that our expensively assembled forward line were quality until Mancini told us that they were shite and that it was their awful finishing that had cost us the title challenge. Maybe van persie would have underperformed as badly as the other strikers. I am sure if we give Mancini 150 million quids worth of players every summer then we would challenge every year though.
makes you wonder how were second in the league and in the fa cup semi.and if we had sighned van persie it would have kept united on the floor instead it gave them the boost they needed when they needed it most.

jackrussel said:
Didsbury Dave said:
jackrussel said:
if we can finish top 3 every year thats great and the odd cup final would be nice .

Truly incredible stuff.

If you think that the sheikh has spent all that money, and assembled this squad, with that as the objective then you are mind bogglingly deluded.
dave if you finish in the top 3 every year it means you are challenging for the title.you cant win it every year and if we had backed bobby in the summer(van persie)like fergie was backed who got all his targets we would be now 15 points clear.

If you're top 3 it means you're challenging- did you mean to write that? It's one of the most incorrect statements I've ever heard. We are top 2 this year, but haven't challenged. 15 points, do you think united feel challenged or threatened by us? It's the most one sided title race ever, it's not even a race.

Arsenal finished 3rd last year- were they challenging us for the title?? Don't think so.

If we are challenging for the title you may as well claim west brom are challenging for 2nd, as they are the same number of points behind us, that we are behind united.

karen7 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
jackrussel said:
if we had backed bobby in the summer(van persie)like fergie was backed who got all his targets we would be now 15 points clear.

This argument annoys me, not because there is no truth in it at all but because it totally ignores the fact that Mancini has not got anywhere near the best out of the players we do have yet people are worrying about players we don't have. If we were playing as well as possible and were still behind united then I'd accept that the points difference is down to summer aquisitions but as it is, the underperformance worries me more. And who is to say how van persie would have played for us, after all I was led to believe that our expensively assembled forward line were quality until Mancini told us that they were shite and that it was their awful finishing that had cost us the title challenge. Maybe van persie would have underperformed as badly as the other strikers. I am sure if we give Mancini 150 million quids worth of players every summer then we would challenge every year though.

didnt the strikers hit back with several goals in the next couple of matches after he said what he said about van persie?then serg got injured again and mario wasnt scoring or assisting.the prob has been the strikers and he is asked why we are where we are and he says we arent scoring enough goals,truth no?

Mario's assists were few and far between

FantasyIreland said:
jackrussel said:

Finishing top 3 doesnt mean we are challenging for the title as this seasons limp effort testifies.We should be pushing our rivals all the way to the final game.

Fergie got all his targets? how do you know? he certainly didnt get at least one - Hazard........

We didnt get RVP because Bobby had previously been given 90m to sign his other 3 strikers........ do you not think that was enough??

Perhaps if he had done a better job of handling Mario, he would have done things like scoring 7 goals in 6 games for us?

Goo said:
Lancet Fluke said:
jackrussel said:

Ask him to build a squad to win the league, then criticize him when he wants to spend money.... Interesting

I am not criticising him for wanting to spend money, every manager wants to spend as much money as possible. I am criticising him for not getting the most out the players he currently has and I'm criticising people blaming the poor season solely on him not being able to spend even more money on top of the shit loads of money he has already spent. Who fucking cares if united got van persie? They will always sign some decent players and we need to deal with that by performing to our potential. If our best is not good enough then fine, blame the transfer window but as it i,s we haven't even approached our best so how can anybody say the transfers were the biggest problem? We might well have been shit with a load of really good new players because the really good players we already have have been pretty shit this season.

mario was a mystery.I was for letting him go last summer as it just wasnt going to work.i do think that bobby got it wrong to persist so long.If we had added a quality striker that could make up for serg being injured who knows where we would be.

With Manchester City all but out of the title race, and bowing out of the Champions League at the group stage for the second year running, it is likely that the owners will relieve Roberto Mancini of his duties in summer. If Mancini is sacked, Michael Laudrup could be one of the front runners to replace him, along with Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini.

Saturday’s defeat at Goodison Park will add fuel to speculation that this will be Roberto Mancini’s last season at the Etihad.

Whilst Mancini has undoubtedly done a good job in his four years at Manchester City, it is difficult to see the Abu Dhabi-based owners sticking with a manager who has visibly taken the club backwards from the previous season and failed to mount a serious challenge for the Champions League or the Premiership title. Even if City win the FA Cup, Mancini will only have matched what he achieved two years ago with a weaker squad.

If Manchester City decide to get rid of Mancini, they will probably be one of many clubs competing for Jose Mourinho’s signature. If Mourinho spurns their advances, one manager City have already been linked with is Manuel Pellegrini, with the Daily Express claiming in February that they have reached a verbal agreement with Pellegrini to take over this Summer.

The Manchester City owners would undoubtedly be impressed by Pellegrini’s record in Europe. In 2006 he took unfashionable Villarreal to the Champions League semi final, where they were narrowly defeated by Arsenal, and this year he will repeat that feat with Malaga, if he can lead them to victory over Borussia Dortmund in the quarter final. On the biggest stage, at Real Madrid, Pellegrini did not disgrace himself as he lead the Galacticos to their highest La Liga total ever, 96 points. However this still wasn’t enough to prevent Barcelona winning the league. When Pellegrini was sacked, the Real Madrid directors announced that they would have kept him if the opportunity to appoint Jose Mourinho had not arisen.

Whilst Pellegrini has a good record, Manchester City may feel that it is a risk to appoint someone with no experience outside Spanish-speaking countries. If they do decide to look to the Premier League, Michael Laudrup is clearly the outstanding candidate. Having led a Swansea side expected to fight relegation to 9th place in the Premiership, and delivered the League Cup – the club’s first ever major trophy – in his first season in charge, Swansea can expect a serious battle to keep hold of Laudrup’s services whether Manchester City express interest or not, and his time in Spain with Getafe and Mallorca, as well as an illustrious playing career all over Europe, will have done his reputation no harm at all.

One club that will definitely be searching for a new manager in the summer is Chelsea. However it is far less likely that they would be interested in Laudrup than Manchester City. Roman Abramovich has always been comfortable with a big name like his previous appointments, Jose Mourinho, Luiz Felipe Scolari, Carlo Ancelotti and Guus Hiddink, and the limited and brief backing of Roberto Di Matteo further supports this view.

Whatever happens, Laudrup’s success this season means that Swansea will struggle to hang on to him in the summer and Laudrup and Manchester City looks a more and more interesting marriage

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport.co.uk/football/why-swansea-boss-michael-laudrup-could-replace-roberto-manci/3876727/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport.co.uk/football/why-swa ... i/3876727/</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.