Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
jackrussel said:
dave if you finish in the top 3 every year it means you are challenging for the title.you cant win it every year and if we had backed bobby in the summer(van persie)like fergie was backed who got all his targets we would be now 15 points clear.

Finishing top 3 doesnt mean we are challenging for the title as this seasons limp effort testifies.We should be pushing our rivals all the way to the final game.

Fergie got all his targets? how do you know? he certainly didnt get at least one - Hazard........

We didnt get RVP because Bobby had previously been given 90m to sign his other 3 strikers........ do you not think that was enough??
finishing top 3 normally means your challeging but united are having an exceptual season',he may have 90 million for 3 stikers but we need 4.fergie got ashley young,van persie,kagua(the japanese lad) and the dutch left back.and already zaha.because there on the ball while were on summer holiday.

jackrussel said:
Lancet Fluke said:
jackrussel said:
if we had backed bobby in the summer(van persie)like fergie was backed who got all his targets we would be now 15 points clear.

This argument annoys me, not because there is no truth in it at all but because it totally ignores the fact that Mancini has not got anywhere near the best out of the players we do have yet people are worrying about players we don't have. If we were playing as well as possible and were still behind united then I'd accept that the points difference is down to summer aquisitions but as it is, the underperformance worries me more. And who is to say how van persie would have played for us, after all I was led to believe that our expensively assembled forward line were quality until Mancini told us that they were shite and that it was their awful finishing that had cost us the title challenge. Maybe van persie would have underperformed as badly as the other strikers. I am sure if we give Mancini 150 million quids worth of players every summer then we would challenge every year though.
makes you wonder how were second in the league and in the fa cup semi.and if we had sighned van persie it would have kept united on the floor instead it gave them the boost they needed when they needed it most.
He didn't want to join us though did he? You seem to base everything on stopping united signing any good players and us signing whoever we want. Unfortunately they will sign good players and we have to deal with that rather than just blame their signings for our own shortcomings.

laudrup,give me a break. a carling cup hardly qualifies him to manage a huge club like ours.lets see what he does with swansea in the europa league.the very thought of getting rid of mancini for a novice is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard

jackrussel said:
finishing top 3 normally means your challeging but united are having an exceptual season',he may have 90 million for 3 stikers but we need 4.fergie got ashley young,van persie,kagua(the japanese lad) and the dutch left back.and already zaha.because there on the ball while were on summer holiday.

We're the one having an exceptional season,an exceptionally bad one......

We had 4 strikers at the start of the season at combined cost of 120 plus million,hence why no RVP.
Add that to the hundreds of millions he has spent elsewhere and it becomes very obvious that if a manager cannot get the best out of that little lot then there has to be a problem.

Lancet Fluke said:
jackrussel said:
Lancet Fluke said:
This argument annoys me, not because there is no truth in it at all but because it totally ignores the fact that Mancini has not got anywhere near the best out of the players we do have yet people are worrying about players we don't have. If we were playing as well as possible and were still behind united then I'd accept that the points difference is down to summer aquisitions but as it is, the underperformance worries me more. And who is to say how van persie would have played for us, after all I was led to believe that our expensively assembled forward line were quality until Mancini told us that they were shite and that it was their awful finishing that had cost us the title challenge. Maybe van persie would have underperformed as badly as the other strikers. I am sure if we give Mancini 150 million quids worth of players every summer then we would challenge every year though.
makes you wonder how were second in the league and in the fa cup semi.and if we had sighned van persie it would have kept united on the floor instead it gave them the boost they needed when they needed it most.
He didn't want to join us though did he? You seem to base everything on stopping united signing any good players and us signing whoever we want. Unfortunately they will sign good players and we have to deal with that rather than just blame their signings for our own shortcomings.
no not good players but van persie is a very special player who almost guarenteed united the tital,and we with the money we have should be signing the players we want.

I'd really like someone more proven than Laudrup but he'd be on the list if we go for a young up and coming manager. If we are looking at Laudrup, we should also look at Martinez.

karen7 said:
laudrup,give me a break. a carling cup hardly qualifies him to manage a huge club like ours.lets see what he does with swansea in the europa league.the very thought of getting rid of mancini for a novice is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard

So you think Mancini would have Swansea winning the league?

OB1 said:
I'd really like someone more proven than Laudrup but he'd be on the list if we go for a young up and coming manager. If we are looking at Laudrup, we should also look at Martinez.

Stay off those drugs mate, they are messing your head up.

karen7 said:

If your referring to my earlier post...you'll see I said,if there is a change and we didn't get mourinho,I would go for laudrup....he's made some good cheap buys at Swansea and has got them playing some nice football...hence the cup win.

FantasyIreland said:
karen7 said:
[/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.