Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
OB1 said:
I'd really like someone more proven than Laudrup but he'd be on the list if we go for a young up and coming manager. If we are looking at Laudrup, we should also look at Martinez.

Martinez is heading for the top,he has all the attributes as he has proved at two 'unfashionable' clubs.

FantasyIreland said:
karen7 said:
laudrup,give me a break. a carling cup hardly qualifies him to manage a huge club like ours.lets see what he does with swansea in the europa league.the very thought of getting rid of mancini for a novice is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard

So you think Mancini would have Swansea winning the league?

no of cousre not,my point is to hand a novice the city job is mad,a couple of bad results and he would be savaged by everybody

FantasyIreland said:
jackrussel said:
finishing top 3 normally means your challeging but united are having an exceptual season',he may have 90 million for 3 stikers but we need 4.fergie got ashley young,van persie,kagua(the japanese lad) and the dutch left back.and already zaha.because there on the ball while were on summer holiday.

We're the one having an exceptional season,an exceptionally bad one......

We had 4 strikers at the start of the season at combined cost of 120 plus million,hence why no RVP.
Add that to the hundreds of millions he has spent elsewhere and it becomes very obvious that if a manager cannot get the best out of that little lot then there has to be a problem.
he should made space for him and had the perfect oppatunity(spellings poor) with the tevez situation,also its great when second in the league not good enough,we wont win it every year.

Juan King said:
OB1 said:
I'd really like someone more proven than Laudrup but he'd be on the list if we go for a young up and coming manager. If we are looking at Laudrup, we should also look at Martinez.

Stay off those drugs mate, they are messing your head up.

So you don't think Martinez is a promising young manager? He is the guy that set Swansea on their way produced the model that Rodgers and Laudrup followed there.

FantasyIreland said:
OB1 said:

Martinez is heading for the top,he has all the attributes as he has proved at two 'unfashionable' clubs.

i hope he does get a step up,possible everton if moyes leaves,but a year in year out relegation fight is very different to going for titles,but i wish him luck

FantasyIreland said:
jackrussel said:
dave if you finish in the top 3 every year it means you are challenging for the title.you cant win it every year and if we had backed bobby in the summer(van persie)like fergie was backed who got all his targets we would be now 15 points clear.

Finishing top 3 doesnt mean we are challenging for the title as this seasons limp effort testifies.We should be pushing our rivals all the way to the final game.

Fergie got all his targets? how do you know? he certainly didnt get at least one - Hazard........

We didnt get RVP because Bobby had previously been given 90m to sign his other 3 strikers........ do you not think that was enough??
Another o.g. It wasn't enough for Ferguson, the book value of Utd's strikers is considerably greater than our own.

RVP
Rooney
Welbeck
Hernandez
Henriquez
Macheda
Bebe

karen7 said:
FantasyIreland said:
karen7 said:
laudrup,give me a break. a carling cup hardly qualifies him to manage a huge club like ours.lets see what he does with swansea in the europa league.the very thought of getting rid of mancini for a novice is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard

no of cousre not,my point is to hand a novice the city job is mad,a couple of bad results and he would be savaged by everybody

I wouldn't hand the job to a "novice" but Txiki might, as he did at Barcelona.

OB1 said:
karen7 said:
FantasyIreland said:

I wouldn't hand the job to a "novice" but Txiki might, as he did at Barcelona.

good point! still way to risky for me

crystal_mais said:
jackrussel said:
Lancet Fluke said:
My worry is that if Mancini stays in the summer but doesn't stop the regression and get back to some actual progression then we will end up sacking him mid season (probably December when we've been humiliated in the CL again) which will be a nightmare as getting a decent replacement will be a real problem. If Soriano keeps him on he needs to be very sure that this season has just been a blip.
if bobby was backed last summer there would,nt have been any regression,lets hope he gets his targets next summer and we regain the lost momentum.

I've asked the question to many today and previously and non of the Mancini supporters have been able to provide a response. There has been an obvious problem - apparent since last season - still there today

How does Mancini address his obvious short comings. You press on about Ferguson - he has adapted over time since his first days in Scotland to what he is today - his players would run through brick walls for him.

Last season points from 26th Nov -
MCFC – 55 points – 26 games
MUFC – 60 Points – 26 games

more worryingly Our away form upto and inc QPR away
P - 6
W - 5
D - 1
Scored - 23
Against - 8

From then onwards
P - 13
W - 5
D - 3
L - 5
Scored - 15
Against - 9

This seasons away form has been just as poor

The reason I have chose QPR is that was the first time I saw a Prem team take on tactics from one of the opposition teams from the Champs League. High Press and quick attack - Usual teams Liverpool, Everton, Sunderland we still have Swansea to go to.

I may sound like a broken record - but it's there for all to see
It's a great post and highlights an even bigger point for me. In the whole of mancini's tenure we had one purple patch of about 25 games. It started with the FA cup semi final win over united in April 2011 and finished away at qpr at the beginning of November that same year. We had everyone available and rode the wave of confidence that huge win gave us. And it got us our two trophies.

For the entire rest of the 3.5 years he has been here we have been patchy and have rarely fulfilled our potential. Occasionally great, often laboured and sometimes very poor. With the quality we have had even that patchy form will pick us up plenty of points, but not As many as we should have.

So that's why all this 'one bad season' stuff doesn't wash with me. Overall Mancini hasn't got the best from his players consistently.

OB1 said:
Juan King said:
OB1 said:

Stay off those drugs mate, they are messing your head up.

So you don't think Martinez is a promising young manager? He is the guy that set Swansea on their way produced the model that Rodgers and Laudrup followed there.

I think anyone who would replace Mancini with Martinez would need to be sectioned.

I hate all this shit about how good a manager Martinez is, he is only capable of getting his team to perform for a quarter of the season & narrowly misses relegation every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.