Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancet Fluke said:
jackrussel said:
Lancet Fluke said:
He didn't want to join us though did he? You seem to base everything on stopping united signing any good players and us signing whoever we want. Unfortunately they will sign good players and we have to deal with that rather than just blame their signings for our own shortcomings.
no not good players but van persie is a very special player who almost guarenteed united the tital,and we with the money we have should be signing the players we want.

I'd rather have Aguero than van persie but that's another argument. To me it just sounds pitiful to whine that they signed a player and blame all our own shortcomings on that. I accept that they have been good and that they have been good in part because of van persie but we have been poor and it is us being poor that concerns me. We haven't played badly because they have van persie have we? So for a moment, take out them having van persie (we could never have changed that and we have to accept that in the real world other teams are allowed to sign players too) and just tell me why we have underperformed this season and is Mancini in any way responsible?

It is joint,him and players.i suspect being champs is a very different mindset.bobby knows how to do it but as a team they have failed at it,pressure or what i dont know but all need a kick up the ass.wish i was a fly on the wall!

jackrussel said:
FantasyIreland said:
Juan King said:
[I hate all this shit about how good a manager Martinez is, he is only capable of getting his team to perform for a quarter of the season & narrowly misses relegation every year.

Why are you so sure he couldnt do a better job that Mancini?

He has better man management,he's intelligent and tactically astute,plays attractive,attacking football,has an eye for talent and gets the best out of his budget players while continuing to punch above his weight.

Plenty of evidence to suggest he wouldnt do worse.
the fact bobbys won 3 trophys and maybe 4 and wigan could be relegated this year is evidence in plenty he could do not as well as our winning manager.

No it is not.

Managing Wigan and managing City are poles apart.

I'm not advocating we appoint Martinez, far from it, but if the club are looking at Laudrup, they should also look at Martinez.

I'd have a number of concerns about Martinez' time at Wigan, where I don't think he has achieved any more in the league than Steve Bruce did. I don't think he has done anything exceptional there (although if he wins the FA Cup) and I want an exceptional manager in charge at City. However, he's a manager who I have classed since his Swansea days as one to watch.

Lancet Fluke said:
Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
So,at the start of this season,which group of strikers would you have chosen to go with,theirs above or ours?
Ours, but then mario didn't follow through on his Euro form, and started playing up, and Aguero got injured. And Dzeko looks like he's on his way out

It's a fact that Utd's forward line is far more efficient than our own and that's what separates the teams at the moment. I'm not saying that's a permanent state of affairs as there are already signs that RVP is having the first bleak spell in 2 seasons, and Rooney's form has dipped as well. Unfortunately too late for the League, but it's hit them in the Champiosn League where RVP's astonishing misses KO'd them. And they were outplayed by Chelsea who are the team of the moment. I'd say you have problems - choose to ignore them if you wish

Do you think it is Mancini's responsibility to get our strikeforce (that you admit at the start of the season you would have chosen over united's) to function properly, to play to their potential and not so badly as to be blamed for being the key reason for our failures by most Mancini rimmers?
Oh dear; "Mancini rimmers" - what's that all about?

Lancet Fluke said:
jackrussel said:
Lancet Fluke said:
My worry is that if Mancini stays in the summer but doesn't stop the regression and get back to some actual progression then we will end up sacking him mid season (probably December when we've been humiliated in the CL again) which will be a nightmare as getting a decent replacement will be a real problem. If Soriano keeps him on he needs to be very sure that this season has just been a blip.
if bobby was backed last summer there would,nt have been any regression,lets hope he gets his targets next summer and we regain the lost momentum.
Doesn't answer why the players we have have regressed though, does it? How many players have performed anywhere near as well as they did last season? Possibly only Zabba. Please don't tell me that all the players we have from last season have played significantly worse because we didn't sign Hazard or van persie. It is so clear there is more to it than that. Although I do accept that the transfer window did not help matters.
You've had the answer several times, but it seems difficult for you to digest. Several of our players are overrated and once the Premier League clubs decided to pay attention to what the top European clubs were doing against us in the Champions League, their effectiveness dropped severely.

Lancet Fluke said:
Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
So,at the start of this season,which group of strikers would you have chosen to go with,theirs above or ours?
Ours, but then mario didn't follow through on his Euro form, and started playing up, and Aguero got injured. And Dzeko looks like he's on his way out

It's a fact that Utd's forward line is far more efficient than our own and that's what separates the teams at the moment. I'm not saying that's a permanent state of affairs as there are already signs that RVP is having the first bleak spell in 2 seasons, and Rooney's form has dipped as well. Unfortunately too late for the League, but it's hit them in the Champiosn League where RVP's astonishing misses KO'd them. And they were outplayed by Chelsea who are the team of the moment. I'd say you have problems - choose to ignore them if you wish

Do you think it is Mancini's responsibility to get our strikeforce (that you admit at the start of the season you would have chosen over united's) to function properly, to play to their potential and not so badly as to be blamed for being the key reason for our failures by most Mancini rimmers?
If we are creating as many chances as we did last year and the strikers are not scoring as many as they did last year, how is Mancini to blame for this.

jackrussel said:
FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:
[RVP
Rooney
Welbeck
Hernandez
Henriquez
Macheda
Bebe

well if you take out ballotlli because he was a liability,that leaves sergio,dzekoand a very unhappy tevez.against van persie,rooneyand hernandez,anyone know the goal tallies so far this season?
He was not a liability at home to Spurs last season, or at Old Trafford where he put us on our way to a crucial win. He became a liability this season - that maybe parked at the manager's door, but I doubt anyone on here knows what happened.

They also have Welbeck. He doesn't score but he contributes to their team

It's right to say forget about Utd and concentrate on us, but I am using the point to demonstrate the weakness in our team.

I posted this this morning, and it illustrates where we have gone wrong this season

Chance-Conversion21.png

Caveman said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Marvin said:

Is he this guy's Italian cousin?

jimmy_rimmer_card.jpg

Caveman said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Marvin said:

Don't worry. As soon as someone questions the integrity of a "Mancini outer" or even says something a bit cross, the odds are he'll act very, very, very affronted and decry the ability of his opposition to hold a conversation without resorting to uncivilized discourse.

grim up north said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Marvin said:

If we are creating as many chances as we did last year and the strikers are not scoring as many as they did last year, how is Mancini to blame for this.
That is the crux, because that's the fault this season. If he is responsible then he needs to go, if not he stays. I can not see how anyone can argue that he has mis-managed the forwards so that one got injured, and another so alienated that he wanted to leave.

Marvin said:
Yes, the cost of acquiring players, and when you sell one as we did with balotelli that reduces the Book Value.

Utd have spent more on the forwards on their books. Do you really want to go through it.

PS Mario has gone

I know Mario has gone, I decide to refer back to the start of the season. You included Macheda, who is on United's books but is out on loan; although I imagine his book value is zero anyway. Bebe is also out on loan and I'd bet his book value is zero. Indeed, Shrek's book value might well be zero too if it was amortised over the length of his original contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.