Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
You simply cannot debate with such narrow mindedness that the 'inners' display.

Martinez has won fuck all so he doesnt compare?? what a load of shite,give him Mancinis fortune/resources and a level playing field then there would be a discussion.......

I'm pretty sure,given their respective situations,remit and resources,Martinez,Moyes,Laudrup and a host of other managers,stand up to Mancini very well indeed.

That is a massive assumption that could cope with such a huge club not to mention the intense pressure that comes with it.

Lancet Fluke said:
Caveman said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Do you think it is Mancini's responsibility to get our strikeforce (that you admit at the start of the season you would have chosen over united's) to function properly, to play to their potential and not so badly as to be blamed for being the key reason for our failures by most Mancini rimmers?
Oh dear; "Mancini rimmers" - what's that all about?

It's about the people who seem to see absolutely no wrong in anything he does and will look to blame anyone and anything else for our failings, be it the players who were excellent last season, other teams' signings, opposition tactics, media coverage, away fans in the wrong part of the ground, getting a tough CL draw (that oddly many on here thought was brilliant on the day of the draw and that we'd "really show Real and Dormund and as for Ajax they are shite") etc etc. You know, the ones who seem to have become more Mancini fans than City fans.

I think it is more about balance than blind loyalty to Mancini. At the moment the trophies and visits to Wembley outweigh the negatives about being second in the league and failing in the CL group stages.

I think the haters need to review their ability to be objective. Claims like we only had one decent run of form in over 3 years are laughable. The 13th May was the sixth win in a row and included some tough opposition.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Caveman said:
Oh dear; "Mancini rimmers" - what's that all about?

It's about the people who seem to see absolutely no wrong in anything he does and will look to blame anyone and anything else for our failings, be it the players who were excellent last season, other teams' signings, opposition tactics, media coverage, away fans in the wrong part of the ground, getting a tough CL draw (that oddly many on here thought was brilliant on the day of the draw and that we'd "really show Real and Dormund and as for Ajax they are shite") etc etc. You know, the ones who seem to have become more Mancini fans than City fans.
Calling supporters who are prepared to give the manager that delivered the Holy Grail their unconditional support "Mancini rimmers" seems to display a discernible lack of appreciation of the history of this football club and what it meant to our supporters to win a trophy, let alone the Premier League, and the debt that many feel they owe to the man that delivered that prize.

I don't entirely share their unconditional love, but I certainly understand it.

I understand people supporting Mancini, that's not my gripe. It's the unconditional bit that gets me because if you're supporting a manager unconditionally (ie even prepared to support the manager when it's not necessarily for the good of the club and refusing to see any bad he may be doing) then as I said earlier, you're supporting the manager rather than the club imo. Of course I know what it meant to win the title, I was there in the worst times, but I just don't believe it was all down to Mancini, in fact I'm beginning to question how much of it was down to him at all. Strange that the same people who unconditionally support Mancini are quite happy to blame players who showed incredible determination to bring us the title. Shows a distinct lack of appreciation of our history if you ask me...

FantasyIreland said:

ExtremeUnderwaterIroning.jpg
The thing is he actually believes what he is typing
The mind boggles..

Lancet Fluke said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Calling supporters who are prepared to give the manager that delivered the Holy Grail their unconditional support "Mancini rimmers" seems to display a discernible lack of appreciation of the history of this football club and what it meant to our supporters to win a trophy, let alone the Premier League, and the debt that many feel they owe to the man that delivered that prize.

I understand people supporting Mancini, that's not my gripe. It's the unconditional bit that gets me because if you're supporting a manager unconditionally (ie even prepared to support the manager when it's not necessarily for the good of the club and refusing to see any bad he may be doing) then as I said earlier, you're supporting the manager rather than the club imo. Of course I know what it meant to win the title, I was there in the worst times, but I just don't believe it was all down to Mancini, in fact I'm beginning to question how much of it was down to him at all. Strange that the same people who unconditionally support Mancini are quite happy to blame players who showed incredible determination to bring us the title. Shows a distinct lack of appreciation of our history if you ask me...
Looks like you're not alone then ;-)

karen7 said:
FantasyIreland said:

Martinez has won fuck all so he doesnt compare?? what a load of shite,give him Mancinis fortune/resources and a level playing field then there would be a discussion.......

I'm pretty sure,given their respective situations,remit and resources,Martinez,Moyes,Laudrup and a host of other managers,stand up to Mancini very well indeed.

That is a massive assumption that could cope with such a huge club not to mention the intense pressure that comes with it.

I never got an answer sometime back about the origins of Fantasy's user name. However if it has anything to do with a former City midfielder it would explain his dislike of Mancini, who saw Stevie for what he is, average.

We gave Hughes shed loads and it got us nowhere. Mancini has done a good job in difficult circumstances. ie permanent press hassle, weight of expectation.

Whether Moyes, Martinez etc can handle that who knows. We probably knew Mancini could because he managed successfully at Internazionale, a club who's expectation levels and history are in excess of ours.

As we saw with Hughes, quite good at Blackburn, managing a mid table outfit is no preparation for managing the modern Manchester City.

Personally feel Martinez is lightweight. Moyes may have the cojones but not the style of play and doesn't seem a fit. Laudrup of the three mentioned might have what it takes, temperamentally wise and also in coaching ability.

Lancet Fluke said:
Lancet Fluke said:

on the one hand you say bobby is to blame when they play bad but nothing to do with him if they play well,how does that work?the qpr game it was him screaming at them and pushed them over the line,i think the players had or were close to conceeding the title,he wouldnt let them give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.