Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caveman said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Marvin said:
Ours, but then mario didn't follow through on his Euro form, and started playing up, and Aguero got injured. And Dzeko looks like he's on his way out

It's a fact that Utd's forward line is far more efficient than our own and that's what separates the teams at the moment. I'm not saying that's a permanent state of affairs as there are already signs that RVP is having the first bleak spell in 2 seasons, and Rooney's form has dipped as well. Unfortunately too late for the League, but it's hit them in the Champiosn League where RVP's astonishing misses KO'd them. And they were outplayed by Chelsea who are the team of the moment. I'd say you have problems - choose to ignore them if you wish

Do you think it is Mancini's responsibility to get our strikeforce (that you admit at the start of the season you would have chosen over united's) to function properly, to play to their potential and not so badly as to be blamed for being the key reason for our failures by most Mancini rimmers?
Oh dear; "Mancini rimmers" - what's that all about?

It's about the people who seem to see absolutely no wrong in anything he does and will look to blame anyone and anything else for our failings, be it the players who were excellent last season, other teams' signings, opposition tactics, media coverage, away fans in the wrong part of the ground, getting a tough CL draw (that oddly many on here thought was brilliant on the day of the draw and that we'd "really show Real and Dormund and as for Ajax they are shite") etc etc. You know, the ones who seem to have become more Mancini fans than City fans.

I wonder if the recruitment of a top first-team coach would help Mancini.

Van Persie recently said that United's "secret weapon" is Rene Meulensteen and he has helped Van Persie and others improve tremendously.

Our equivalent is David Platt... now I don't think any of us know how good Platt is but does he strike anyone as a coach who can improve a player like Sergio Aguero?

Marvin said:
grim up north said:
Lancet Fluke said:
how is he responsible for serg getting injured?

Do you think it is Mancini's responsibility to get our strikeforce (that you admit at the start of the season you would have chosen over united's) to function properly, to play to their potential and not so badly as to be blamed for being the key reason for our failures by most Mancini rimmers?
If we are creating as many chances as we did last year and the strikers are not scoring as many as they did last year, how is Mancini to blame for this.
That is the crux, because that's the fault this season. If he is responsible then he needs to go, if not he stays. I can not see how anyone can argue that he has mis-managed the forwards so that one got injured, and another so alienated that he wanted to leave.
<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:10 pm --<br /><br />
karen7 said:
Marvin said:
grim up north said:
If we are creating as many chances as we did last year and the strikers are not scoring as many as they did last year, how is Mancini to blame for this.
That is the crux, because that's the fault this season. If he is responsible then he needs to go, if not he stays. I can not see how anyone can argue that he has mis-managed the forwards so that one got injured, and another so alienated that he wanted to leave.

how did he get serg injured and tevez has been happy all seaason

jackrussel said:
FantasyIreland said:
jackrussel said:
dave if you finish in the top 3 every year it means you are challenging for the title.you cant win it every year and if we had backed bobby in the summer(van persie)like fergie was backed who got all his targets we would be now 15 points clear.

Finishing top 3 doesnt mean we are challenging for the title as this seasons limp effort testifies.We should be pushing our rivals all the way to the final game.

Fergie got all his targets? how do you know? he certainly didnt get at least one - Hazard........

We didnt get RVP because Bobby had previously been given 90m to sign his other 3 strikers........ do you not think that was enough??
finishing top 3 normally means your challeging but united are having an exceptual season',he may have 90 million for 3 stikers but we need 4.fergie got ashley young,van persie,kagua(the japanese lad) and the dutch left back.and already zaha.because there on the ball while were on summer holiday.
What do you mean finishing top 3 usually means you have challenged for the title?

2010/11 we finished 3rd but not once did I think we are challenging for the title.
2011/12 Do you seriously think Arsenal put up a challenge for the title?
2012/13 nobody has challenged United

taconinja said:
Lancet Fluke said:
jackrussel said:
if bobby was backed last summer there would,nt have been any regression,lets hope he gets his targets next summer and we regain the lost momentum.
Doesn't answer why the players we have have regressed though, does it? How many players have performed anywhere near as well as they did last season? Possibly only Zabba. Please don't tell me that all the players we have from last season have played significantly worse because we didn't sign Hazard or van persie. It is so clear there is more to it than that. Although I do accept that the transfer window did not help matters.
You've had the answer several times, but it seems difficult for you to digest. Several of our players are overrated and once the Premier League clubs decided to pay attention to what the top European clubs were doing against us in the Champions League, their effectiveness dropped severely.

You may think I have had the answer but I haven't because I find your answer totally unsatisfactory. We sign a load of players for loads of money, they all have tremendous reputations because they have played so well at other clubs. They then play well enough for us to become champions and get 10 points in CL group. Then they are all overrated because opposition teams change their tactics and the players aren't good enough to combat this change. Or maybe, we have really good players who aren't overrated, teams have changed their tactics and Mancini (you know, the guy in charge of our tactics and combatting opposition tactics) has failed to adapt? Just a thought.

Lancet Fluke said:
taconinja said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Doesn't answer why the players we have have regressed though, does it? How many players have performed anywhere near as well as they did last season? Possibly only Zabba. Please don't tell me that all the players we have from last season have played significantly worse because we didn't sign Hazard or van persie. It is so clear there is more to it than that. Although I do accept that the transfer window did not help matters.
You've had the answer several times, but it seems difficult for you to digest. Several of our players are overrated and once the Premier League clubs decided to pay attention to what the top European clubs were doing against us in the Champions League, their effectiveness dropped severely.

You may think I have had the answer but I haven't because I find your answer totally unsatisfactory. We sign a load of players for loads of money, they all have tremendous reputations because they have played so well at other clubs. They then play well enough for us to become champions and get 10 points in CL group. Then they are all overrated because opposition teams change their tactics and the players aren't good enough to combat this change. Or maybe, we have really good players who aren't overrated, teams have changed their tactics and Mancini (you know, the guy in charge of our tactics and combatting opposition tactics) has failed to adapt? Just a thought.

He has tried to adapt but the players have resisted saying they dont like new formations

Lancet Fluke said:
Caveman said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Oh dear; "Mancini rimmers" - what's that all about?

It's about the people who seem to see absolutely no wrong in anything he does and will look to blame anyone and anything else for our failings, be it the players who were excellent last season, other teams' signings, opposition tactics, media coverage, away fans in the wrong part of the ground, getting a tough CL draw (that oddly many on here thought was brilliant on the day of the draw and that we'd "really show Real and Dormund and as for Ajax they are shite") etc etc. You know, the ones who seem to have become more Mancini fans than City fans.
Calling supporters who are prepared to give the manager that delivered the Holy Grail their unconditional support "Mancini rimmers" seems to display a discernible lack of appreciation of the history of this football club and what it meant to our supporters to win a trophy, let alone the Premier League, and the debt that many feel they owe to the man that delivered that prize.

I don't entirely share their unconditional love, but I certainly understand it.

You simply cannot debate with such narrow mindedness that the 'inners' display.

Martinez has won fuck all so he doesnt compare?? what a load of shite,give him Mancinis fortune/resources and a level playing field then there would be a discussion.......

I'm pretty sure,given their respective situations,remit and resources,Martinez,Moyes,Laudrup and a host of other managers,stand up to Mancini very well indeed.

FantasyIreland said:
You simply cannot debate with such narrow mindedness that the 'inners' display.

ExtremeUnderwaterIroning.jpg

grim up north said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Marvin said:
Ours, but then mario didn't follow through on his Euro form, and started playing up, and Aguero got injured. And Dzeko looks like he's on his way out

It's a fact that Utd's forward line is far more efficient than our own and that's what separates the teams at the moment. I'm not saying that's a permanent state of affairs as there are already signs that RVP is having the first bleak spell in 2 seasons, and Rooney's form has dipped as well. Unfortunately too late for the League, but it's hit them in the Champiosn League where RVP's astonishing misses KO'd them. And they were outplayed by Chelsea who are the team of the moment. I'd say you have problems - choose to ignore them if you wish

Depends whether you think the coaching staff has any effect on a player's ability to score goals, I suppose. Are united's strikers lethal partly due to coaching and management or is it just purely innate ability? Or could it also be down to something like confidence? Is a manager or coach partly responsible for the confidence of his players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.