Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a club we need stability - not to go down the route we've taken so quickly in the past and start going through managers again!
A lot of people favour Mourinho - but first of all his track record when it comes to sticking around isn't great anyway, but most importantly would his heart really be in it at City - does he really want to go back to Chelsea or, even worse, manage the Rags?
As for Mancini - as others have pointed out his record here, in regards silverware and league position is superb - and better than Slur Baconface's record at the red-shite in his first few years.
Yeah he's not perfect but it doesn't help that the press give him a hard time for the littlest thing – he got slagged off for not doing a post-match interview after the Everton game - yet that rag cnut does the same after the Real game and hardly a mention!
We're still in the driving seat to finish second, and one game away from the FA cup final - again, so I wouldn't say this season was a total disaster, but I have to ask who's fault is it really that we have faultered in our title defence?
Not for one moment would I criticise the wonderful job Sheikh Mansour has done tranforming our club, however I do feel the club did misjudge things in the pre-season transfer window. I believe we thought that having won the league we could attract players without any problems, and without having to pay the silly money we have previously, to selling club, the players agent or his wages.
So let's look at where we've lacked this season - mainly creativity and scoring goals! So who did Mancini have down as his two main targets? ...Van Persie and Hazard... it's been said since that be could have secured both of these players if we'd have stumped up the cash - Instead these players have strengthened our rivals!

dario2739 said:
As a club we need stability - not to go down the route we've taken so quickly in the past and start going through managers again!
A lot of people favour Mourinho - but first of all his track record when it comes to sticking around isn't great anyway, but most importantly would his heart really be in it at City - does he really want to go back to Chelsea or, even worse, manage the Rags?
As for Mancini - as others have pointed out his record here, in regards silverware and league position is superb - and better than Slur Baconface's record at the red-shite in his first few years.
Yeah he's not perfect but it doesn't help that the press give him a hard time for the littlest thing – he got slagged off for not doing a post-match interview after the Everton game - yet that rag cnut does the same after the Real game and hardly a mention!
We're still in the driving seat to finish second, and one game away from the FA cup final - again, so I wouldn't say this season was a total disaster, but I have to ask who's fault is it really that we have faultered in our title defence?
Not for one moment would I criticise the wonderful job Sheikh Mansour has done tranforming our club, however I do feel the club did misjudge things in the pre-season transfer window. I believe we thought that having won the league we could attract players without any problems, and without having to pay the silly money we have previously, to selling club, the players agent or his wages.
So let's look at where we've lacked this season - mainly creativity and scoring goals! So who did Mancini have down as his two main targets? ...Van Persie and Hazard... it's been said since that be could have secured both of these players if we'd have stumped up the cash - Instead these players have strengthened our rivals!
well made argument, but, despite our lack of strengthening in the squad, it is still a pretty good one. And one must ask, is Mancini getting the most out of it? I feel the answer is no. His record in Europe has been poor wherever he has been. Man-management also leaves much to be desired. So many players form dropping or looking completely dis-interested. When you look at the morale of some players, it either means the players themselves are heading out or, the players are not happy with Mancini which could mean him being replaced. I would love to see Mancini lead us on, but even he has the look of a dead man walking.

Bottom line is people need to realise that the team and the club won't progress and take the next step forward with Mancini in charge.

That's what you all want progress, no one is being impatient or greedy. They're just saying it like it is and it's true.

Gary Neville could have managed us and set the team up better at Everton than what Mancini did, for me that's says everything you need to know.

Mancini himself has said he wont stay at City long term, he wants to go home in the near future so if we replace him now or if he goes himself in 2 years time he's not our long term future.

Mourino would bring 3 years dominance for us well the club are looking for the right long term manager who wants the job long term

Bluemooner33 said:
Mancini himself has said he wont stay at City long term, he wants to go home in the near future so if we replace him now or if he goes himself in 2 years time he's not our long term future.

Mourino would bring 3 years dominance for us well the club are looking for the right long term manager who wants the job long term
If I was Mancini and I ever glanced over this forum, I wouldn't want to stay long either.

Freestyler said:
Bottom line is people need to realise that the team and the club won't progress and take the next step forward with Mancini in charge.
Sorry but I don't see anybody out there more qualified than Mancini or with the required experience to lead us forward. Mourinho never stays longer than 2-3 years at any club, so he would not be a long term solution. What I would love to see at Man City (and I have said so before) is a young and talented assistant manager working alongside Mancini, who could take over if/when the club and Mancini decide to go their separate ways. Somebody like Laudrup, De Matteo or even that Portuguese guy who worked alongside SAF. I'm sure that you guys can think of others.

Rammy Blue said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Rammy Blue said:
Certainly wasn't a parody thread.
I see.

Well this simplifies things.

It was a shocker. Wouldn't surprise me if he asked the mods to remove it when he realised the error of his ways! Saying that though he seems to be sticking to his guns with his earlier post. Classic that he slags posters who don't rate Bob yet started a thread slaughtering Merlin. ycnmiu.

A shocker? A bit like Silvas performances over the past 10 months (Oh hang on his names not Garcia,Nasri,Barry,Kolarov) so we aren't allowed to criticise.
Why would I ask the mods to delete it. It is my opinion based on going to every home game and a few aways this season and he has been the shadow of the player he used to be.

Freestyler said:

That's what you all want progress, no one is being impatient or greedy. They're just saying it like it is and it's true.

Gary Neville could have managed us and set the team up better at Everton than what Mancini did, for me that's says everything you need to know.
But if we won the Cup and League under Mancini before, we can do it again

As a few posters have tried to do above you have to look at why results have dipped.

It's the Goal-scoring power and nothing else. Why?

a) Sale of AJ and Balotelli
b) Injury to Aguero

Together that leaves just 2 fit strikers and therefore we are exposed to dips in form

Solution: Get Aguero fit, and add Cavani / Falcao / Jovetic and keep Mancini.

de niro said:
Stab in the dark but would the fact our owners gave Mancini a five year deal indicate they are happy with him and him us?

Thought so.

An eminently sensible and logical statement,therefore one which clearly has no place on this thread.
This is the parallel universe that is Bluemoon,where nothing is ever as it seems,and there is subtext,plotting and hidden meaning behind everything.
If an employer gave me a five year contract,then obviously I would start looking for another job immediately,because there simply couldn't be a more blatant sign that my P45 was on the way,especially given that a few folk on an internet website have suggested virtually every living manager for a vacancy that doesn't actually exist,and will probably move on to exhuming the corpse of Alan Ball before long and scrutinising his cv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.