Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
The Future's Blue said:
This thread is getting unbelievable and certain people getting quite precious. Mancini made a statement by bringing VK off and continued the statement by not giving him the high-five. VK could've stayed on, he'd completed the 90 for Belgium, but Mancini wanted to make a statement to the player. Now, if you think that Mancini should be giving the players the power to do as they please then that's up to you but in my book, there's can only be one boss and that is the manager. He's had to deal with a lot to get this team together, why should he let it go now, especially as one of the team went against an agreement made?

And as for the 'I could've punched him' statement, come on, he was laughing when he said it and was clearly having a joke.

Poor Vinny eh, goes against the club but we should all bow to him because he is the captain. He's a big boy and if he doesn't want to play by the clubs rules then he should be picked up for it. I wonder if people would think the same if it was someone like Carlos Tevez?

NB. Just watching the Chelsea v Rags game and noticed none of Rasher Chops subs got a high-five from him, not even a look to say well done.

I know this post was from earlier but couldn't let it slide.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Vince broke NO club rules.
OK, you're being pedantic. They made an agreement which in it's own accord is against the club. Unless you put the individual player above the manager?

The Future's Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:
The Future's Blue said:
This thread is getting unbelievable and certain people getting quite precious. Mancini made a statement by bringing VK off and continued the statement by not giving him the high-five. VK could've stayed on, he'd completed the 90 for Belgium, but Mancini wanted to make a statement to the player. Now, if you think that Mancini should be giving the players the power to do as they please then that's up to you but in my book, there's can only be one boss and that is the manager. He's had to deal with a lot to get this team together, why should he let it go now, especially as one of the team went against an agreement made?

And as for the 'I could've punched him' statement, come on, he was laughing when he said it and was clearly having a joke.

Poor Vinny eh, goes against the club but we should all bow to him because he is the captain. He's a big boy and if he doesn't want to play by the clubs rules then he should be picked up for it. I wonder if people would think the same if it was someone like Carlos Tevez?

NB. Just watching the Chelsea v Rags game and noticed none of Rasher Chops subs got a high-five from him, not even a look to say well done.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

OK, you're being pedantic. They made an agreement which in it's own accord is against the club. Unless you put the individual player above the manager?

Don't talk wet, nothing pedantic whatsoever about my response. Your original post was wrong, pure and simple.

I don't think Vince should have played 90 mins for Belgium however it was clearly stated that Belgium and City were in daily contact about his fitness. Maybe Bob should have made direct contact with Vince?

I've just remembered a thread I started nearly a couple of years ago. I'm not normally one for bringing up previous output and saying "I told you so", because there's plenty I've got wrong, but I thought it was relevant to this seemingly endless and hypnotic thread.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=227483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=227483</a>

Plus ça change.

Rammy Blue said:
The Future's Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Don't talk wet, nothing pedantic whatsoever about my response. Your original post was wrong, pure and simple.

I don't think Vince should have played 90 mins for Belgium however it was clearly stated that Belgium and City were in daily contact about his fitness. Maybe Bob should have made direct contact with Vince?
From Mancini's statements it was quite obvious that he had spoken with VK prior to him departing. What did he say, something like 'Vinnie knows his behaviour was not good'. He also said (paraphrasing) 'I said to him, stay here for more treatment as you could be taking a risk; these next few months a very important'.

So, as you see, Mancini did speak to Vinnie but did not have a problem with him going for tests. The Belgium and club doctors agreed he wasn't ready for the first game and agreed that he was ready for the second but at the same time, that game would've been at risk. Is that what we wanted, for Vinnie to take a risk prior to our run in?

I have no problem with Vinnie wanting to play for his country and I happen to believe it turned out to be good for us as he got 90 mins in a far slower setting. At the same time I hate to see the likes of Ferguson pulling his players for the slightest thing. However, this wasn't the slightest thing and from a managers point of view you'd be fuming that all the good work the team have put in to get him back to fitness could be undone whilst not playing for the club who have brought him so far. A serious risk.

As for wrong, if your manager gives you the gypsies, what do you do? I know that in my business the rule of thumb is that the manager speaks for the organisation and if I go against that line they'll be consequences.

You say wrong, I say pedantic.

The Mancini outers stand on the bridge fighting valiantly to keep the pro Mancini hoards at bay...

Alas it is a doomed cause because Roberto will be our manager next season and probably the season after that too. Sheikh Mansour simply doesn't sack managers whose contracts he himself has renewed. He is not Abramovich and fully understands the need for continuity.

Pablo1 said:
TonyBook said:
Rammy Blue said:

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

This is one thing that saddens me. Clubs and supporters used to take pride in players playing for their country.

Had Kompany played for Belgium on the back of a run of games for us I doubt anybody would care - the fact is that the circumstances in which he joined up were far from ideal and in this case Mancini was within his rights to sound off about it.
What was Kompany supposed to do? Refuse to travel? Refuse to play?

With them being competitive international games, that would have broken actual FIFA rules, not Mancini's imaginary rules.

Oh, and when given the chance, there's no way Mancini would have not played for Italy in this situation.

BlueAnorak said:
The Mancini outers stand on the bridge fighting valiantly to keep the pro Mancini hoards at bay...

Alas it is a doomed cause because Roberto will be our manager next season and probably the season after that too. Sheikh Mansour simply doesn't sack managers whose contracts he himself has renewed. He is not Abramovich and fully understands the need for continuity.

lol

Yep, you've got a lot to go on.

Roman is the new Hitler isn't he? Modified Godwin's Law.

Bluemoon115 said:
Pablo1 said:
TonyBook said:
This is one thing that saddens me. Clubs and supporters used to take pride in players playing for their country.

Had Kompany played for Belgium on the back of a run of games for us I doubt anybody would care - the fact is that the circumstances in which he joined up were far from ideal and in this case Mancini was within his rights to sound off about it.
What was Kompany supposed to do? Refuse to travel? Refuse to play?

With them being competitive international games, that would have broken actual FIFA rules, not Mancini's imaginary rules.

Oh, and when given the chance, there's no way Mancini would have not played for Italy in this situation.

My point was Mancini was worried about him picking up an injury and was within his rights to feel that way. I never said anything about Kompanys role in this, you brought that up in your rush to be offended.

The Future's Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:
The Future's Blue said:

From Mancini's statements it was quite obvious that he had spoken with VK prior to him departing. What did he say, something like 'Vinnie knows his behaviour was not good'. He also said (paraphrasing) 'I said to him, stay here for more treatment as you could be taking a risk; these next few months a very important'.

So, as you see, Mancini did speak to Vinnie but did not have a problem with him going for tests. The Belgium and club doctors agreed he wasn't ready for the first game and agreed that he was ready for the second but at the same time, that game would've been at risk. Is that what we wanted, for Vinnie to take a risk prior to our run in?

I have no problem with Vinnie wanting to play for his country and I happen to believe it turned out to be good for us as he got 90 mins in a far slower setting. At the same time I hate to see the likes of Ferguson pulling his players for the slightest thing. However, this wasn't the slightest thing and from a managers point of view you'd be fuming that all the good work the team have put in to get him back to fitness could be undone whilst not playing for the club who have brought him so far. A serious risk.

As for wrong, if your manager gives you the gypsies, what do you do? I know that in my business the rule of thumb is that the manager speaks for the organisation and if I go against that line they'll be consequences.

You say wrong, I say pedantic.
Kompany didn't do anything wrong...yet you said he broke club rules

And you are being arsey about being pulled up?

You for real?

BlueAnorak said:
bridge_zpsc6eadfe2.jpg

Horatius Shears in the thick of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.