Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
mammutly said:
Mancini could pick a job much more easily than we could find a replacement.

I hate doing this to you, but you've sort of asked for it with some of your comments in the two posts you've made in this thread. Mancini could pick a job easily because he isn't fussy. Pay him enough and he'll come. The reality you so resolutely ignore is that Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, PSG, and the rest of the world's elite clubs outside Italy won't touch Mancini with a mile long barge pole. His next job will be a step down from City.

So Real Madrid will appoint Pellegrini and Schuster, PSG Leonardo, Chelsea Di Matteo, Grant and AVB, Bayern Magath but none of those clubs would even consider a man who's won titles and cups in and England and Italy and is under 50?

shaun said:
Pablo1 said:
shaun said:
Very few,if any on here expect to win the League every year,or win the Chump's League at the first attempt.Just maybe,they and I thought that we might get out of the group stages,and give the shite more of a challenge in a one-team dominated
Premier League.Does that make me anti-Mancini and a gloryhunter to boot?

Everybody hoped we would get out of the group stages as I'm sure everybody hoped that we would be closer to Utd in the league. The difference is wherever or not you're willing to give the manager (who up until this season had moved the club forward year on year) time to come back stronger next season or wherever you've seen enough and want a new manager who may/may not win the league or get us out the group stages.

The fact that we may still win the FA cup and finish second in the league shouldn't be forgotten either - so yes, to answer your question it does..

I expect we will finish (a distant?) second in the league,the FA Cup who knows?
But that won't erase my memory of a season that never managed to turn the corner,that consisted of far too many piss-poor performances.
I'm not calling for anyone's head,but equally I'm not saying everything is great.
Just calling it as I see it.

Yeah that's fair enough if that's your view, I wasn't being entirely serious with the last line of the post you quoted. :-)

NQCitizen said:
BillyShears said:
mammutly said:

I hate doing this to you, but you've sort of asked for it with some of your comments in the two posts you've made in this thread. Mancini could pick a job easily because he isn't fussy. Pay him enough and he'll come. The reality you so resolutely ignore is that Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, PSG, and the rest of the world's elite clubs outside Italy won't touch Mancini with a mile long barge pole. His next job will be a step down from City.

So Real Madrid will appoint Pellegrini and Schuster, PSG Leonardo, Chelsea Di Matteo, Grant and AVB, Bayern Magath but none of those clubs would even consider a man who's won titles and cups in and England and Italy and is under 50?

Owned lol

NQCitizen said:
BillyShears said:
mammutly said:

Exactly. The only top club in Europe who proabably wouldn't consider Mancini is Barcelona and that is due to their current policy of hiring from within (which I belive is what we'll look to do in the future).

There is 4 managers currenlty out there with a 'successful' record in Europe. Mourinho, Guardiola, Heynckes and Rasher features himself.

Heynckes is about to retire and reached finals with already established clubs in Bayern and Real.

Guardiola happened to be in charge of arguably the best club team of all time and is currently unavailable as he's joined arguably the best club team in Europe at the moment.

Mourinho - Does not guarantee success in Europe, especially when it is demanded of him. He didn't deliver for Chelsea and there's a good chance he wont with Madrid. As great a manager as I think he is, Lady Luck played a heavy role in both of his triumphs and also, he doesn't seem to fit in with the vision City have (as outlined in the Mourinho Thread in the General Forum).

That leaves BaconFace - F**k off.

Other choices are Klopp and Conte and jury is still very much out on them.

We've been extremely unlucky with the CL group draw; granted we should have performed better against Ajax and Napoli but the CL has come along way since the English domination in the 00's. If we start failing to qualify from groups that United and Arsenal are used to getting then we'll have an issue.

I disagree with Billy and DD about our manager and I think they are both tendentious to say the least when posting about him, possibly a little for effect at times, but as much as I take the piss out of them, I actually think it's a good thing we have supporters who are comfortable openly criticising our manager.

This isn't some Siberian Salt Mine, or RAWK for that matter, where no form of thought which deviates from the accepted norm is allowed.

I was thinking earlier today about how small time a Falkland Islander was, complaining about the fact that a handful of people voted against maintaining the status quo on those islands. The same applies here.

They have their reasons for not rating our manager and whilst I fairly strenuously disagree with their conclusions, neither of them have arrived at that position by departing from the bounds of logic or sanity.

One thing's for sure: we have really started losing our identity as City fans when we all start agreeing with each other.

His next appointment will certainly be interesting,lets see if the 'big' clubs are indeed scrambling for his signature - i don't believe they will be.

FantasyIreland said:
His next appointment will certainly be interesting,lets see if the 'big' clubs are indeed scrambling for his signature - i don't believe they will be.

Why a next appointment for Roberto when he can win many more trophies with us.

The people you get on here don't reflect the match day crows who chant Mancini to the rafters.

Tim of the Oak said:
FantasyIreland said:

The people you get on here don't reflect the match day crows who chant Mancini to the rafters.

This. And to some tune.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that the champions league is fixed. Nothing to do with rankings, Mancini or co efficiency. The established teams are protected, we as a club could really hurt the status quo. Do people honestly think us getting the worst group (again) last season was an accident? Oh please.

If anything Mancini is the guy most likely to beat the cheats and get us to progress.

de niro said:
Tim of the Oak said:
FantasyIreland said:

This. And to some tune.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that the champions league is fixed. Nothing to do with rankings, Mancini or co efficiency. The established teams are protected, we as a club could really hurt the status quo. Do people honestly think us getting the worst group (again) last season was an accident? Oh please.

If anything Mancini is the guy most likely to beat the cheats and get us to progress.
Damn straight de niro ...
agreed 100%

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I disagree with Billy and DD about our manager and I think they are both tendentious to say the least when posting about him, possibly a little for effect at times, but as much as I take the piss out of them, I actually think it's a good thing we have supporters who are comfortable openly criticising our manager.

This isn't some Siberian Salt Mine, or RAWK for that matter, where no form of thought which deviates from the accepted norm is allowed.

I was thinking earlier today about how small time a Falkland Islander was, complaining about the fact that a handful of people voted against maintaining the status quo on those islands. The same applies here.

They have their reasons for not rating our manager and whilst I fairly strenuously disagree with their conclusions, neither of them have arrived at that position by departing from the bounds of logic or sanity.

One thing's for sure: we have really started losing our identity as City fans when we all start agreeing with each other.

I fully agree.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:53 am --<br /><br />
BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
Actually I think Mancini's strength lies in building teams that have won nothing for years rather than taking over the finished article and continuing or improving on success so Roma with pot of cash to spend would be ideal for him.

There would be no shortage of suiters for his particular talent but I don't think a Real Madrid type job would suit him or the club. But a big club that is down on its luck and not won in years with a bit of cash to spend? Mancini's your guy.

An unruly child often needs tough love ... but once he grows into a young adult he may need a more subtle type of parenting.

Or electric shock treatment, the cheeky little bastids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.