Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petetheblu said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I disagree with Billy and DD about our manager and I think they are both tendentious to say the least when posting about him, possibly a little for effect at times, but as much as I take the piss out of them, I actually think it's a good thing we have supporters who are comfortable openly criticising our manager.

This isn't some Siberian Salt Mine, or RAWK for that matter, where no form of thought which deviates from the accepted norm is allowed.

I was thinking earlier today about how small time a Falkland Islander was, complaining about the fact that a handful of people voted against maintaining the status quo on those islands. The same applies here.

They have their reasons for not rating our manager and whilst I fairly strenuously disagree with their conclusions, neither of them have arrived at that position by departing from the bounds of logic or sanity.

One thing's for sure: we have really started losing our identity as City fans when we all start agreeing with each other.

I fully agree.
Rag :-)

How many times do I have to say this, Terry Connor is teh man to take us on from Mancini. People keep haarping on about where we came from so I sense a feeling of nostalgia towards the old blue days. Fear not my nostalgic blues, TC will take us back to where we came from.

moomba said:
BillyShears said:
moomba said:
Our co-efficient has improved and as a group of death consists of teams from each pot we could find ourselves in a group of death regardless of our ranking.

Forgive me, our co efficient has improved simply be being in european competition this season, however teams previously ranked below us have improved their co efficients significantly more than we have and therefore we are likely to be in pot 3. I take your point that it's possible to get a nasty group draw even whilst being in pot 1 & 2, but it does significantly improve your chances of getting an easier group if you're in a higher up pot.

We were 28th ranked team last season. We are currently 20th rated team. We might drop another couple of places before the end of the season. But our chances of pot 2 depend on the teams above us qualifying for next years comp or not.

That is very true, but pot 3 the likely one. Looking at the co ratings, once the draw has been made for next season we will drop to 26th so it will be pot 3 for the next 2 seasons at least. Thankfully the year after we only lose just over 3 points off our total so as long as we do ok to well, we will start to climb more significantly from then onwards. Unless our luck in the draws changes we are in for another tough 2 years in the Champs league

BobKowalski said:
LoveCity said:
I don't think any of the established elite would take on a manager with a poor European record. Their ambitions go beyond domestic success which is the norm for them, the Champions League is the greatest prize for these clubs who have won their league 10+ times. If Mancini was as good a European manager as domestic manager, all the big clubs would want him.

Partly correct. The big clubs, or elite if you prefer, require a coach who can excel domestically and in Europe. Di Matteo has won the CL as has Rijkaard and Avram Grant got to a CL final yet the 'elite' are not rushing to employ them.

In contrast Wenger has been courted by the top clubs yet has never won the CL and in 15 years only got to 1 final so not exactly ripping up trees either. Not to mention in his first 2 years he didn't get out the group stages.

In terms of managers been desirable through domestic and European achievements then Benitez fits the bill although we are now been linked with managers that have yet to achieve anything significant either domestically or in Europe so what do I know...

...as for clubs making a play for Mancini in light of all the rumours well of course they are and no doubt Mancini's camp will leak any and all overtures to him via his agents and so the game goes on.

Personally I think we will get at least 1 more year of Bobby which will make this place a real hoot to visit next season

A brilliant post which many seem to have overlooked. Well done1

Mancini - ohhh said:
BobKowalski said:
LoveCity said:
I don't think any of the established elite would take on a manager with a poor European record. Their ambitions go beyond domestic success which is the norm for them, the Champions League is the greatest prize for these clubs who have won their league 10+ times. If Mancini was as good a European manager as domestic manager, all the big clubs would want him.

Partly correct. The big clubs, or elite if you prefer, require a coach who can excel domestically and in Europe. Di Matteo has won the CL as has Rijkaard and Avram Grant got to a CL final yet the 'elite' are not rushing to employ them.

In contrast Wenger has been courted by the top clubs yet has never won the CL and in 15 years only got to 1 final so not exactly ripping up trees either. Not to mention in his first 2 years he didn't get out the group stages.

In terms of managers been desirable through domestic and European achievements then Benitez fits the bill although we are now been linked with managers that have yet to achieve anything significant either domestically or in Europe so what do I know...

...as for clubs making a play for Mancini in light of all the rumours well of course they are and no doubt Mancini's camp will leak any and all overtures to him via his agents and so the game goes on.

Personally I think we will get at least 1 more year of Bobby which will make this place a real hoot to visit next season

A brilliant post which many seem to have overlooked. Well done1
BK's posts seldom get overlooked, by me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.