Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
The Future's Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The big question here is why does Nasri feel comfortable enough to have this swipe?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2302596/Samir-Nasri-calls-Manchester-City-boss-Roberto-Mancini-liar.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -liar.html</a>

Tick tock (but on which one?)
Honest question mate. Are you affiliated to the Mail in some way?

No. I think the Mail is a newspaper for wankers.

Shall we go with The Independant?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/nasri-wenger-is-best-coach-8556227.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 56227.html</a>

or The Telegraph?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9965885/Manchester-City-midfielder-Samir-Nasri-hits-out-at-manager-Roberto-Mancinis-punch-remark.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... emark.html</a>

Doesn't really matter, the story's consistent.

I'm hoping it's Nasri talking in the full knowledge Mancini is history, but given the way Nasri has looked for ways out of the club already, it could just be his resignation letter. Whilst I welcome either or both pieces of news, I regret this kind of bad feeling in the dressing room before these two enormous games.

The journos are your aliases. Everyone knows you are 10 different members and you/billy write for all teh papers.

Everyone is wrong!

Adebayor, Kolo and Nasri are all wrong for saying Wenger is a better coach!
Balotelli is wrong for saying Jose is a better coach!

Everyone is wrong except the inners Dave, you must realise this, surely? Mancini turns water into wine, parts the seas and devastates all in his wake.

Just to clarify a few things ... I watched the i/v on Bein Sport last night. He was relaxed and talked well. The comments about Mancini were not particularly malicious, although it obviously stung him that Mancini had said he doesn't put it in in training and in that sense he basically said Mancini wasn't being honest, but also that Mancini's poor English often led to him saying inappropriate things to the press about players.

He's not going to leave City this summer btw. That much was clear from the interview. His comments about Wenger are nothing new, as are his comments about the direction Arsenal were heading in.

I think the really interesting part about the interview hasn't made it over to the British papers, and that's when he talks about le generation 87. Very honest in admitting that as a group they are mentally quite weak. He also speaks about talent alone not being enough at the very highest level and how mental strength is as important as ability.

All very interesting to be honest. Very clear that Nasri's a player who needs coaching both on and off the field. I suppose that it's a choice City will have to make with regards to our playing staff and Mancini. If we are going to persist with him, then we are going to have to sign perfectly rounded players who need nothing from the manager other than instructions on where to play, how to play, and when to play.

hgblue said:
sir peace frog said:
mancini was a 100% right,kompany put the rest of his season at risk,he should of told the belgium manager that he would play 45 mins top,he had no right to risk injury,he has been out for 8 weeks,he wont be 100% after such a long time out.

he was lucky he got away without injury,imagine if he had done himself harm in the 89th minute ? would people still say he was right to play 90mins ?

Vinny was fit to play, and I trust him enough to know that if he hadn't been fit to play he wouldn't have played. Obviously Mancini trusts him a lot less than I do, and his public criticism of him was bang out of order.
completely agree

BillyShears said:
Just to clarify a few things ... I watched the i/v on Bein Sport last night. He was relaxed and talked well. The comments about Mancini were not particularly malicious, although it obviously stung him that Mancini had said he doesn't put it in in training and in that sense he basically said Mancini wasn't being honest, but also that Mancini's poor English often led to him saying inappropriate things to the press about players.

He's not going to leave City this summer btw. That much was clear from the interview. His comments about Wenger are nothing new, as are his comments about the direction Arsenal were heading in.

I think the really interesting part about the interview hasn't made it over to the British papers, and that's when he talks about le generation 87. Very honest in admitting that as a group they are mentally quite weak. He also speaks about talent alone not being enough at the very highest level and how mental strength is as important as ability.

All very interesting to be honest. Very clear that Nasri's a player who needs coaching both on and off the field. I suppose that it's a choice City will have to make with regards to our playing staff and Mancini. If we are going to persist with him, then we are going to have to sign perfectly rounded players who need nothing from the manager other than instructions on where to play, how to play, and when to play.

In regards the training comments, did Mancini say he trains at 50%? I don't recall this.

BillyShears said:

Nice try. But Nasri is gone in the summer unless he dramatically bucks up.
Probably Monaco, possibly PSG. A serial under performer

so nasri thinks wenger is his best coach and he doesn't agree that he only trains at 50%.Big deal.Paper sensationalize his words.Big deal.I bet mancini can't sleep at night (something some of you would like to believe)

BillyShears said:

Good to read that summary; didn't know he'd said all that.
Mental strength being key, especially at the top level, is I'm sure well acknowledged by all top
managers and coaches - knowing each player mentally, knowing what makes each one tick as an individual and knowing how to handle each one to get the most out of them is a trait one would expect of a manager at the highest level.

In the posts above there are a few names mentioned rating wenger above Mancini;
I'd be interested to know if there are a string of experienced players out there who have gone on record to rate Mancini as the best manager they have ever worked with.

BillyShears said:

Thanks for that. Also interesting to hear from someone who has seen the interview first hand.

I personally think the 'Mancini's English is poor' is a convenient excuse to hide behind and it deliberate intent on Mancini's part when he calls players out in public. But thats just my opinion

I have continually said that if a player needs to feel the love and warmth to get him through the season then Mancini and City ain't for them. Mancini isn't their Dad, or loveable uncle or mentor. He simply isn't interested. Mancini is confrontational and forces players to develop their own resources. Some thrive and improve as a consequence. Some don't. It is refreshing to hear Nasri talk about 'weak mentality' and it would be interesting to hear where he thinks he fits on this spectrum.

And no they don't have to be perfectly rounded players. But they must have the character to want to improve themselves and become more rounded in an environment that is unforgiving and largely unsympathetic.

BobKowalski said:
Thanks for that. Also interesting to hear from someone who has seen the interview first hand.

I personally think the 'Mancini's English is poor' is a convenient excuse to hide behind and it deliberate intent on Mancini's part when he calls players out in public. But thats just my opinion

I have continually said that if a player needs to feel the love and warmth to get him through the season then Mancini and City ain't for them. Mancini isn't their Dad, or loveable uncle or mentor. He simply isn't interested. Mancini is confrontational and forces players to develop their own resources. Some thrive and improve as a consequence. Some don't. It is refreshing to hear Nasri talk about 'weak mentality' and it would be interesting to hear where he thinks he fits on this spectrum.

And no they don't have to be perfectly rounded players. But they must have the character to want to improve themselves and become more rounded in an environment that is unforgiving and largely unsympathetic.

When he spoke about a weak mentality, or fragile mentalement et psychologiquement, he was talking about himself and the group ( that generation as a whole ), and specifically about the rumoured problems he has with Benezema in the national team.

Mancini's style lends itself to a squad full of seasoned pro's. Not a young squad with players who need developing into top performers. It's far too myopic an approach to management, and is at odds with what the club are trying to develop vis a vis the accelerated promotion of talented youngsters into the first team.

If Mancini had a problem with the effort Nasri puts in he should have dealt with it in house rather than tell the papers. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.