Mancini's biggest fault. (IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DetCity said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
Can you point out where I said he was a bad player? I said right at the start I think he's a great player but not in this roll. Whatever your take on it it's not working. We are in 4th but only because Liverpool have been terrible (but are improving) and Tottenham have dropped points they shouldn't have. We're here by luck rather than by design. That's not what I want to see, a team who struggles it's way to potentially finishing in the minimum required position. I don't think anyone else does either.

I agree with a lot of your OP, but I don't think 4th place after 30 games can be constituted as luck. 30 games shows much more than just form. We're in 4th place because, by and large, we've performed better than the 16 teams below us.
If Tottenham win their game in hand we will be 1 point ahead of them. Do I think that a bit of luck can get you an extra point or two, of course it can (Blackpool away? Newcastle at home? etc). Does anyone think Liverpool have played the best they possibly could this season? I doubt it, and good job too otherwise they'd be top 4. That's all I'm saying. I don't think we're where we are by playing well (except in a few games, two of which we actually lost i.e. Arsenal at home and Man U away) but by having better players than almost every other team in the Premiership.

The only teams that I think have potentially a better 1st team and squad than us are Manure, Chelsea and Arsenal. Potentially our 1st team and squad could be better than those but they aren't, and in my opinion in the case of Ushited and Chelsea we're quite some way behind (which I find gutting). It's not because of the players, it's because of the style of play. That's my opinion based on what I see on the pitch. It's been my opinion all season. I had my fingers crossed that we could pull off a minor miracle but it's not happening, and I'm probably the most optimistic person on here.

Joycee Banercheck said:
salfordblues said:
How about this folks?

Drop Yaya and play Silva in his position, Kolarov/Balotelli on the left with Zaba at leftback.

This is the way forward.

Hart

Richards Kompany Lescott Zaba

De Jong Barry/Milner

A Johnson Silva Kolarov

Tevez/Dzecko

What do we reckon to this?
That' sort of what I was getting at a few posts previous to yours. Looks good, but I'd try SWP and AJ wide, with two of NDJ/Barry/Yaya/Milner sat behind Silva.

This is what I would do. With SWP on the right we'd get someone with pace who'd constantly be trying to run in behind the oppositions back four and get at the end of Silvas through balls. Him and AJ would be able to supply Dzeko with balls into the box.

Didsbury Dave said:
You've actually hit the nail on the head there. Playing him in his role is fundamentally a defensive decision. And that's we don't create enough chances, don't play with enough tempo, can't break down defensive teams and can't get back in games in the last period. It's not the only reason for these flaws but it's a big one.

To add to this, Yaya isn't actually contributing very much defensively - be it because of stamina issues or something else. If Silva is put in the AM role we'd be only slightly worse off defensively while our offence would improve markedly.

Finally, being an Inter-fan all this does not come as a surprise to me. Mancinis Inter side was a physically strong one with a sturdy but slow midfield three. In front of them he preferred playing an AM, often Stankovic - good shot and workrate but no creativity. When Stankovic wasn't available he didn't have any option for the AM so he generally played with one winger switching sides (Figo) or two wingers with either one or two CFs upfront. The attacking tactic seemed to be more or less to give the ball to Ibrahimovic and hope that he would create something. So, to sum up some of Mancinis faults at Inter:

-never acquired a creative AM with enough technical ability and vision
-static midfield
-too reliant on individual skill in attack

Seems quite familiar?

What Mourinho did when taking over at chelski was to try and get the best players in every position on the pitch and it worked.All the best managers only play their players out of their natural position due to injury/suspension to others.

Nerazzurri said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
That' sort of what I was getting at a few posts previous to yours. Looks good, but I'd try SWP and AJ wide, with two of NDJ/Barry/Yaya/Milner sat behind Silva.

This is what I would do. With SWP on the right we'd get someone with pace who'd constantly be trying to run in behind the oppositions back four and get at the end of Silvas through balls. Him and AJ would be able to supply Dzeko with balls into the box.

Didsbury Dave said:
You've actually hit the nail on the head there. Playing him in his role is fundamentally a defensive decision. And that's we don't create enough chances, don't play with enough tempo, can't break down defensive teams and can't get back in games in the last period. It's not the only reason for these flaws but it's a big one.

To add to this, Yaya isn't actually contributing very much defensively - be it because of stamina issues or something else. If Silva is put in the AM role we'd be only slightly worse off defensively while our offence would improve markedly.

Finally, being an Inter-fan all this does not come as a surprise to me. Mancinis Inter side was a physically strong one with a sturdy but slow midfield three. In front of them he preferred playing an AM, often Stankovic - good shot and workrate but no creativity. When Stankovic wasn't available he didn't have any option for the AM so he generally played with one winger switching sides (Figo) or two wingers with either one or two CFs upfront. The attacking tactic seemed to be more or less to give the ball to Ibrahimovic and hope that he would create something. So, to sum up some of Mancinis faults at Inter:

-never acquired a creative AM with enough technical ability and vision
-static midfield
-too reliant on individual skill in attack

Seems quite familiar?

if you are an inter fan i'm moratti.

was mancini fault the never acquire a trequartista ???

Mancio said:

Buona sera Presidente!

That was one of Mancinis problems, or are you saying that was purely down to Branca and other directors? Otherwise I take it you were satisfied with the creative qualities and sheer pace of Viera, Stankovic, Zanetti, Dacourt...

Nerazzurri said:
Mancio said:

Buona sera Presidente!

That was one of Mancinis problems, or are you saying that was purely down to Branca? Otherwise I take it you were satisfied with the creative qualities and sheer pace of Viera, Stankovic, Zanetti, Dacourt...

if you really are interista you well know mancini didnt had the power to decide nothing that wasnt at zero cost (like JC)

Mancio said:
Nerazzurri said:
Buona sera Presidente!

That was one of Mancinis problems, or are you saying that was purely down to Branca? Otherwise I take it you were satisfied with the creative qualities and sheer pace of Viera, Stankovic, Zanetti, Dacourt...

if you really are interista you well know mancini didnt had the power to decide nothing that wasnt at zero cost (like JC)

I am well aware of Mancinis lack of power but it is not like he didn't have any say in what type of players he wanted for the squad. Atleast not during his first seasons in charge.

And why does he seem to do the same mistakes again at city? Let's blame Marwood.

Nerazzurri said:
Mancio said:

I am well aware of Mancinis lack of power but it is not like he didn't have any say in what type of players he wanted for the squad. Atleast not during his first seasons in charge.

And why does he seem to do the same mistakes again at city? Let's blame Marwood.
let me do you a simple question , are you italian or English ?

mancini all'inter avrebbe ucciso suo padre pur di avere uno come silva...

Mancio said:
Nerazzurri said:

let me do you a simple question , are you italian or English ?

Neither. I'm from Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.