Mancini's biggest fault. (IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
didactic said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
Let me make the point in another way. When I watch Tottenham without Modric they look like us. A team of good quality players without a clear plan. They have the players to get a goal out of nothing and often do. However, when they're up against it they look lost. When Modric plays, his vision, passing, and ball control skill allow him to dictate the flow of the game, pick the right passes and sometimes the killer ball.

Xavi does the same at Barca, Fabregas at Arsenal, etc etc. Mancini plays Yaya in this roll and it doesn't suit him. You can claim he's playing 3 DMs all you like. If that were true it's even more ridiculous, bordering on lunacy.

This system only works when one of our star players (Tevez, Balo, Silva, etc) pulls something out of their (considerable) bag of tricks and create a goal out of nothing. The rest of the time the system fails, and it fails miserably. Forget league position, wins, draws, losses and look at the team on the pitch and how they play. Are you truly happy with what you see? I'm not. I'm not saying we're terrible, just not good enough considering the players we've brought in.

Fuzz mate look at the teams Mancini has put out since Johnsons injury. He likes his midfield more defensive minded only once has he tried Tevez, Dzeko and Balo and allowed Silva to fall back into the role of AM. Its worked so far and has at forth that was always the target and we over achieved maybe that is why everyone is now unhappy. Yaya is quality and has assists and four good goals to prove it. He is simply tired.

Barca did not want him to go, but we all know Barca promotes players from the Basque region and they played Sergio Busquets more. As they did with Pedro over Ibra and Pique over Abidal. This does not mean he is a bad player. For 3 years he was their starting DM until Busquets came through.
Can you point out where I said he was a bad player? I said right at the start I think he's a great player but not in this roll. Whatever your take on it it's not working. We are in 4th but only because Liverpool have been terrible (but are improving) and Tottenham have dropped points they shouldn't have. We're here by luck rather than by design. That's not what I want to see, a team who struggles it's way to potentially finishing in the minimum required position. I don't think anyone else does either.

I was firmly in the camp of giving Mancini enough time to mould the team and style of play into something to be feared.

Milner should have played central midfield (his best position) at the expense of Yaya on Saturday with AJ playing wide right,if AJ had received the ball in the positions outside the box that Milner had we could have been 2-0 up at half time-Chelsea first half were there for the taking,His tactics are complete dogshit to be honest.Silva is looking more dissalusioned by the week and is another player playing out of position,Dzeko hasnt got the pace to play deep and is a player who relies on good service in and around the box not picking the ball up on his own half way line.

Tactically Mancini is shit,and if hes lost the dressing room then hes history.

Rijkaard please

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Gelsons Dad said:
How can anyone be shocked to the core by something of which they have no personal experience? How on earth can TH make an objective assessment of Mancini's "man-management skills" without sitting in every meeting and conversation with each player? Given that situational management will dictate that RM treats each player in the manner that best matches their personality type there is know way for TH to judge from outside. Therefore to be shocked to the core by something which you little knowledge shows the weakest of constitutions or perhaps a penchant for over dramatisation. In either case I would recommend constant care and hence the call for a nurse.

Plenty of people can be shocked 'to the core' in respect of not having personal experience of something.

I was thankfully not involved in the recent events in Japan, but my weak constitution got the better of me, again!

I also have invested 35 years of love in this club, so when things take place which affects it, it affects me.

Granted, my objectivity of Mancini's man-management might be biased, but it's formed by people who have experience of it.

I'm off to Switzerland, I hear they can put people out of their misery for the right price ;)

Sorry Tolm, I can't resist it:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=190398&p=3632136&hilit=basic#p3632136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=190398&p=3632136&hilit=basic#p3632136</a>

From the days when I was plowing a lonely furrow on here...even thou forsook me...

tolmie's hairdoo said:
His biggest fault is he doesn't care.

He doesn't care for opinion.

He doesn't care for compromise.

He doesn't care about perception.

And most importantly of all, he doesn't care for his players.

100% on the money.

you have to ask though why? this club could have made him a legend of the game.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Can you point out where I said he was a bad player? I said right at the start I think he's a great player but not in this roll. Whatever your take on it it's not working. We are in 4th but only because Liverpool have been terrible (but are improving) and Tottenham have dropped points they shouldn't have. We're here by luck rather than by design. That's not what I want to see, a team who struggles it's way to potentially finishing in the minimum required position. I don't think anyone else does either.

Give it time he has not had the time to mould the team he wants and due to injuries certain players have had to feature more. Plus you just explained it but the reality is the Premiership is tough, yes it would be wonderful if we were top of the table with 10 points to spare but the team there has been together for YEARS. If the spuds are so good and have such a fantastic AM why have they dropped points? Why are they not above us? Same goes for the red dippers?

de niro said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

100% on the money.

Because he's an egomaniac without the people skills to succeed in the job.

More than anything, that's his biggest fault to me.

Didsbury Dave said:
de niro said:
100% on the money.

Because he's an egomaniac without the people skills to succeed in the job.

More than anything, that's his biggest fault to me.

the more i read you all the more i think a certain player suspect he will be get rid

tolmie's hairdoo said:

You really believe that?

Maybe we should also question the players and their contribution to the current situation;
Tevez - stone overweight and lost his touch in front of goal and guilty of giving possession away,
Silva - Been off the boil for a couple of weeks,
Yaya - labouring at the moment.

It's a blip... nothing more!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Gelsons Dad said:
How can anyone be shocked to the core by something of which they have no personal experience? How on earth can TH make an objective assessment of Mancini's "man-management skills" without sitting in every meeting and conversation with each player? Given that situational management will dictate that RM treats each player in the manner that best matches their personality type there is know way for TH to judge from outside. Therefore to be shocked to the core by something which you little knowledge shows the weakest of constitutions or perhaps a penchant for over dramatisation. In either case I would recommend constant care and hence the call for a nurse.

Plenty of people can be shocked 'to the core' in respect of not having personal experience of something.

I was thankfully not involved in the recent events in Japan, but my weak constitution got the better of me, again!

I also have invested 35 years of love in this club, so when things take place which affects it, it affects me.

Granted, my objectivity of Mancini's man-management might be biased, but it's formed by people who have experience of it.

I'm off to Switzerland, I hear they can put people out of their misery for the right price ;)

So your objectivity is formed by other peoples experience of Mancini's man management and you admit this has exerted a bias. Isn't it fair to say then that you cannot have formed an independent objective judgment?

It's like me saying I've read Didders slagging him off so he must be crap. I'm forming an opinion based on someone else's opinion. I'm group thinking. I'm Risky shifting.

Not sure how anyone can critisise this post.
In a nutshell we have got too many plodding midfieders and you are right we should only have two defensive midfielders at most.
We are simply finding Yaya a place for the sake of it.
That position (AM) is made for Silva which would then in turn open up a spot for AJ.
We are crying out for some creativity.....why can't Mancini see that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.