Mancini's future

remoh said:
bluefandk said:
remoh said:
No, it doesn't and I never said it did, but it is an enormous help. Had Roberto had it, he would never have made the mistake of trying Italian tactics and getting rid of good players who didn't fit the system. He's learning now, I think, but so much time and money has been lost while he's been feeling his way along.
The problem with Tevez goes back to Mancini's very early days at the Club and has led to the situation that we have with him now, possibly.

Whilst he is learning as you call it he has won the FA-cup and gotten us champions league football not a bad return if you ask me.

You seem eager to get rid of Mancini who would you repalce him with then?

With our player quality, he could have done better, imo.

Me, I'd like to see O' Neill at the Club. (fire away)

hmm perhaps you should put down the crack pipe mate ;-)

bluefandk said:
remoh said:
bluefandk said:
Whilst he is learning as you call it he has won the FA-cup and gotten us champions league football not a bad return if you ask me.

You seem eager to get rid of Mancini who would you repalce him with then?

I promise I'll do that when you come off the steroids! :-)

remoh said:
bluefandk said:
remoh said:

I promise I'll do that when you come off the steroids! :-)

"puts down syringe" I honestly dont know what you are on about mate?

remoh said:

You're having a laugh surely. He's a typical "on a budget" manager like Hughes. He's been in management since 1987 now and the most he's won is the SPL with Celtic (I could do that).

Mancini has been a manager since 2001 and has won Serie A x4, Coppa Italia x4, Supercoppa Italiana x2, and FA Cup x1, and has us playing a style of football you'd never see under O'Neill who'd have us back playing vintage British football, two wingers and all. His Villa team were functional more than entertaining.

Some people really need to look at themselves before they call for Mancini's head, we have one of the best managers in European football who is still young as far as top managers go and will continue to get better (unlike O'Neill who is almost 60 and can't get a job).

One thing being overlooked here......

Whilst some posters thing Mancini should have 'kept his counsel'....

It was Jeff Shreeves the Sky touchline reporter who broke the news initially....

Mancini 'COULD NOT' keep quiet.... The damage was already done... courtesy of Jeff Shreeves

LoveCity said:
Didn't Mancini says if it was up to him Tevez wouldn't play again?

But ultimately it isn't up to him, its up to the owners, so could that comment really be used against us in court?

It could be but I imagine it would carry little weight.

In spite of the above comments re: repudiatory breaches the fact remains that any tribunal/court will accept that the business has to function outside the confines of an employment contract and will accordingly look to whether Mancini was reasonabe to say what he did in the circumstances. If they believe that what he said was within the grounds on acceptability and the club had subsequently held an enquiry the findings of which were fully supported by evidence I think they can terminate for breach and possibly sue for any resulting losses sustained.

LoveCity said:
remoh said:

You're having a laugh surely. He's a typical "on a budget" manager like Hughes. He's been in management since 1987 now and the most he's won is the SPL with Celtic (I could do that).

Mancini has been a manager since 2001 and has won Serie A x4, Coppa Italia x4, Supercoppa Italiana x2, and FA Cup x1, and has us playing a style of football you'd never see under O'Neill who'd have us back playing vintage British football, two wingers and all. His Villa team were functional more than entertaining.

Some people really need to look at themselves before they call for Mancini's head, we have one of the best managers in European football who is still young as far as top managers go and will continue to get better (unlike O'Neill who is almost 60 and can't get a job).

Well, he's never yet been blessed with transfer firepower such as ours, so I admit it would be anyone's guess how he would handle that, but I'd like to see him try.

Two wingers? yum, yum...

He's always done well wherever he's been and turned sow's ears into silk purses on the pitch. What worries me with Roberto is that he seems to do the opposite, in some cases.
I hope you are right in saying that Mancini will continue to improve, there seems to be a lot of room for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.