Mancini's future

hgblue said:
cleavers said:
hgblue said:
The only thing I would add to that is that Mancini's actions were (imo) a deliberate attempt to use this situation to hang Tevez out to dry, because Mancini doesn't like him and wants him out of the club. This was both self indulgent and unprofessional imo, and was done with scant regard for whether this was in the best interests of MCFC.
If you were correct then why would Mancini do this 3 weeks after the transfer window shut, and not before it shut ?

Much more likely is that it was Tevez that did it on purpose to 1. Either engineer a way out of the club in January for a much reduced fee, or 2. To put Mancini into a very awkward spot, thinking he had the backing of the fans, and the squad, in the hope he might walk.

Mancini moved heaven and earth to get Tevez out in the summer. Fair enough, as manager that's his choice. Nobody was willing to pay the price and the decision was made (probably against Mancini's wishes) not to drop the asking price. Mancini's reaction to this should have been to keep his private feelings to himself and get Tevez to the January transfer window having played sufficient games to attract a buyer so that the club could get a decent price for the lad. In my opinion, Mancini has allowed his personal feelings towards Tevez to get in the way of this and their relationship has gone from bad to worse, culminating in the shambles the other night. Now, we'll probably have to take a major cut in the price to get Tevez out of this club, but it appears to me that Mancini doesn't care about this. In my opinion he should.

How the hell, could he give him sufficient games. He came back late. Was visibly unfit. Aguero and Edin on fire. The only game he could concievably have started was the one in which he actually did.

hgblue said:
cleavers said:
hgblue said:
The only thing I would add to that is that Mancini's actions were (imo) a deliberate attempt to use this situation to hang Tevez out to dry, because Mancini doesn't like him and wants him out of the club. This was both self indulgent and unprofessional imo, and was done with scant regard for whether this was in the best interests of MCFC.
If you were correct then why would Mancini do this 3 weeks after the transfer window shut, and not before it shut ?

Much more likely is that it was Tevez that did it on purpose to 1. Either engineer a way out of the club in January for a much reduced fee, or 2. To put Mancini into a very awkward spot, thinking he had the backing of the fans, and the squad, in the hope he might walk.

Mancini moved heaven and earth to get Tevez out in the summer. Fair enough, as manager that's his choice. Nobody was willing to pay the price and the decision was made (probably against Mancini's wishes) not to drop the asking price. Mancini's reaction to this should have been to keep his private feelings to himself and get Tevez to the January transfer window having played sufficient games to attract a buyer so that the club could get a decent price for the lad. In my opinion, Mancini has allowed his personal feelings towards Tevez to get in the way of this and their relationship has gone from bad to worse, culminating in the shambles the other night. Now, we'll probably have to take a major cut in the price to get Tevez out of this club, but it appears to me that Mancini doesn't care about this. In my opinion he should.

I couldn't disagree more strenuously. Mancini has not let his personal feelings get in the way at all. It was always Mancini saying Tevez will stay etc. Mancini simply stated the truth when asked why Tevez has not played.

He was honest when asked if Tevez would play for the club again. Every single manager has backed that stance.

The only ones letting personal feelings cloud their judgement are people trying to put a blame on Mancini. Luckily you will all be drowned out tomorrow in the Darwen end.

Re: Re: Mancini's future

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
The rest of football agree with Mancini 100%. As do virtually every City fan.
Everyone thought OJ Simpson was guilty of murdering his wife. Apart from the jury who actually had to make the decision. Funny that.

Anyone with a shred of intelligence who tries to make the point that it's not necessarily black and white gets shouted down by people who can't see beyond the ends of their noses. Funny that.

Oh do me a favour. You'd use anything you could to have a swipe at the manager. You and your ilk are simply gutted it took until the end of September to "vent" a second time after the pre-season warm up with the CS>

As for your "shred of intelligence" comment, looking at who's posting on both sides of the debate, I'm quite happy in the company I am keeping here.

Now for your OJ Simpson analogy, the jury is the board and TH will agree that they are behind the manager 100% even if it upsets you. You and your few brethren aren't the jury.

I can't wait for you to hear the fans all behind him tomorrow either.

hopefully somebody qualified will make the verdict.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Everyone thought OJ Simpson was guilty of murdering his wife. Apart from the jury who actually had to make the decision. Funny that.

Anyone with a shred of intelligence who tries to make the point that it's not necessarily black and white gets shouted down by people who can't see beyond the ends of their noses. Funny that.

Oh do me a favour. You'd use anything you could to have a swipe at the manager. You and your ilk are simply gutted it took until the end of September to "vent" a second time after the pre-season warm up with the CS>

As for your "shred of intelligence" comment, looking at who's posting on both sides of the debate, I'm quite happy in the company I am keeping here.

Now for your OJ Simpson analogy, the jury is the board and TH will agree that they are behind the manager 100% even if it upsets you. You and your few brethren aren't the jury.

I can't wait for you to hear the fans all behind him tomorrow either.

hopefully somebody qualified will make the verdict.

Yes they will. You'll see in the next fortnight.

Re: Re: Re: Mancini's future

taconinja said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
The rest of football agree with Mancini 100%. As do virtually every City fan.

Bringing up the Simpson trial is a rather stupid thing to do.

It was a circus much like this is turning into with everyone that feels personally slighted now popping up to grind their axes.
Which is why it was a good analogy. People made mistakes over evidence and turned what should have been a cast iron conviction into one where there was sufficient doubt among those who had to make the decision.

I'm sure the board will back Mancini over this even if there has been an agenda. After all Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour have invested a lot of time, money and effort in Tevez and they must be heartily sick of him by now.

But no one on here can second guess what might go on behind closed doors or what we might have to do to ensure we close this matter without any comeback.

We really don't need any more upheavals at the club just when things are going so well.

hgblue said:
cleavers said:
hgblue said:

The shambles the other night was brought on by Tevez, whether he refused to warm up or whether he refused to go on. I personally believe it was the latter based on Tevez's own comments on Tuesday night. Yesterday you come on here and said that it was Mancini's fault as he hadn't give him enough playing time this season which was quite frankly ridiculous when you consider the form of Kun and Dzeko and the lack of quality Tevez has shown when he's played this season. Not happy with that ridiculous comment you now believe Mancini is letting personal feelings get in the way as though it's a bad feeling. If you have players continually disrespecting you, have time and time again said they want to leave the club, have by all accouns not impressed in training or on the pitch then you as a manager are entitled to have an opinion on whether you want this player at the club or not, irrespective of how good the player is

Theres no way you can keep 4 top strikers who cost a lot of money happy, Mancini knows this hence as soon as a club showed interest in Tevez in the summer we made a move for Aguero as a replacement. Unfortuantely for Mancini the move never came off but we pressed ahead with signing Aguero anyway as we couldn't afford to miss out on a player of his quality and also in the know that Tevez still wanted to leave. The problem this season for Tevez is that he's fallen down the pecking order because of the form of Aguero and Dzeko, he clearly doesn't like that and nor would any player of his quality as they believe they should be starting games but that doesn't give him the right to refuse instructions from the manager, the manager who despite continually being disrespected by the play has continued to have him in the first team squad

Mancini doesn't care about what Tevez sells him for but it's clear he sees no place for him in the City squad anymore and he's entitled to have that opinion as the manager. It's up to the board and the owners to decide what they would accept for Tevez but one things for sure we can't keep giving him chances, he's had numerous changes and shown time after time to be an ungrateful twat who i never want to see play for MCFC again

I've always been a great fan of Mancini, i've also said theres things he needs to improve on and i'll speak up when i think he's made the wrong choice but theres some posters and City fans who just don't like him and will use any situation to have a pop, you included

Re: Re: Re: Mancini's future

Prestwich_Blue said:
taconinja said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Bringing up the Simpson trial is a rather stupid thing to do.

It was a circus much like this is turning into with everyone that feels personally slighted now popping up to grind their axes.
Which is why it was a good analogy. People made mistakes over evidence and turned what should have been a cast iron conviction into one where there was sufficient doubt among those who had to make the decision.

I'm sure the board will back Mancini over this even if there has been an agenda. After all Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour have invested a lot of time, money and effort in Tevez and they must be heartily sick of him by now.

But no one on here can second guess what might go on behind closed doors or what we might have to do to ensure we close this matter without any comeback.

We really don't need any more upheavals at the club just when things are going so well.
The doubt didn't come from evidence collection. LAPD were put on trial because... well... they're the LAPD and to be quite honest they're on the straight and narrow about as often as the Russian mafia.

Now to make myself clear, I'm not saying that we won't come to some sort of arrangement or anything. What I'm saying is that in the court of public opinion, this is a bit of a different case. In the OJ case, an overwhelming majority of people held two very clear opinions: Simpson was a murderer and the LAPD are a bunch of murderous, corrupt, racist thugs. This is more akin to the latest sensational trial over here really, i.e. the Anthony trial. There are a lot of parties with constantly shifting stories, but the police or in our case the club really isn't on trial.

SWP's back said:
hgblue said:
cleavers said:

I couldn't disagree more strenuously. Mancini has not let his personal feelings get in the way at all. It was always Mancini saying Tevez will stay etc. Mancini simply stated the truth when asked why Tevez has not played.

He was honest when asked if Tevez would play for the club again. Every single manager has backed that stance.

The only ones letting personal feelings cloud their judgement are people trying to put a blame on Mancini. Luckily you will all be drowned out tomorrow in the Darwen end.
No of us on here, you, me or anyone know exactly what went on on Tuesday, what's gone on before or what will happen in the next 2 weeks. So instead of trying to speculate why don't we just wait and see?

But to suggest anyone won't be supporting Mancini and the club tomorrow is the most pathetic thing I've heard. You seem to be the one letting your personal feelings for Mancini cloud your judgement.

This is getting surreal now....I feel like Alice falling down a rabbit hole in Wonderland....or maybe wondering in on some crazy tea party.

I have this image of people repeating "Tevez is a twat...Tevez is a twat ...Tevez is a twat..." until they are out of breath.
Then when someone else starts talking...they put their fingers in their ears and say something like "La La La...I can't hear you....La La La" like a 4 year old child might do.
Then when they see that the other person's lips have stopped moving...they can take up the "Tevez is a twat" chant again.

My posts speak for themselves:
They may be sometimes longwinded (because I am trying to get to the bottom of what has happened in some detail) but they do not need simplistic labelling as pro-Tevez or anti-mancini.

It's actually quite exciting...I've never been part of a "cabal" before, but I think I'm getting close to "honorary" membership.
Do we have secret meetings and a secret handshake ?
I can't wait....let me know if I need to bring any booze.

I do not "idolise" Tevez in any shape or form ...nor do I hate Mancini.
My sole interest is the fortunes of MCFC...and whether the events of this week could have been handled better.
All I can see is a media SH*T storm and a key playing asset whose value it will be increasingly difficult to realise in the transfer market.
If I'm the owner of the club...I'm entitled to investigate thoroughly what has gone on...without a premature "rush to judgement"...and posters making valid points or raising valid questions should be extended the same courtesy.

Scooby Blue said:
This is getting surreal now....I feel like Alice falling down a rabbit hole in Wonderland....or maybe wondering in on some crazy tea party.

I have this image of people repeating "Tevez is a twat...Tevez is a twat ...Tevez is a twat..." until they are out of breath.
Then when someone else starts talking...they put their fingers in their ears and say something like "La La La...I can't hear you....La La La" like a 4 year old child might do.
Then when they see that the other person's lips have stopped moving...they can take up the "Tevez is a twat" chant again.

My posts speak for themselves:
They may be sometimes longwinded (because I am trying to get to the bottom of what has happened in some detail) but they do not need simplistic labelling as pro-Tevez or anti-mancini.

It's actually quite exciting...I've never been part of a "cabal" before, but I think I'm getting close to "honorary" membership.
Do we have secret meetings and a secret handshake ?
I can't wait....let me know if I need to bring any booze.

I do not "idolise" Tevez in any shape or form ...nor do I hate Mancini.
My sole interest is the fortunes of MCFC...and whether the events of this week could have been handled better.
All I can see is a media SH*T storm and a key playing asset whose value it will be increasingly difficult to realise in the transfer market.
If I'm the owner of the club...I'm entitled to investigate thoroughly what has gone on...without a premature "rush to judgement"...and posters making valid points or raising valid questions should be extended the same courtesy.
It's not your job to get to the bottom of anything though is it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.