Mancini's poor CL pedigree - Cause for concern?

SWP's back said:
Mancio said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
clear the ball properly and hart push shots away from opposing players or hold onto them.

if thats almost as saying we need better defenders and goalkeeper then i agree
Oh dear

almost every goal we conceded in CL were for a large part Hart's fault IMO

zeven said:
Fanny Fart said:
Okay, my mistake, what I meant to say is basically we have gained 1pt in 9.

Yes we gained 10 points in the hardest group, but it was only the hardest group because of us, bayern and napoli. As it worked out, Villareal became the whipping boys, even though we struggled at home to them.

No pleasure should be taken from beating bayern at home - that team they fielded was fucking gash.

I noticed even Mancini and Kompany mentioned in their post match interviews that we got 10pts and would normally qualify - not when one of the teams has failed to take ANY points of anybody.
FFS, we did well, our first time in CL in such a hard group, gets 10 points stop look at the glass half empty and look at it as half full.

Don't know if you already know this, but it was also Napoli's first time the the CL.

SWP's back said:
Mancio said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
clear the ball properly and hart push shots away from opposing players or hold onto them.

if thats almost as saying we need better defenders and goalkeeper then i agree
Oh dear

it's not, it's saying that if we cut out the silly defensive errors we'll be fine and dandy.

All it needs is in the league ability to clear shots on goal away from our net, and in Europe to clear crosses, corners and shots away properly, not hard. For Hart it's basically put shots away from danger or hold onto them, and to eradicate the mistakes he made in Napoli to concede those 2 soft goals, again not that hard, it's just concentration and commitment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.