Mancini's poor CL pedigree - Cause for concern?

Damocles said:
Sort of agree. Good points in the first post, but can't help but feel that we'll twat the fuckers.

Realised that I've now agreed with Dave for seven posts in succession.

Needless to say, he's obviously wrong and whatever he said, I feel (correctly) that the opposite is true

bluemoon1078 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
We did get 10 points but 6 were freebies for every other team in the group

Freebies?? were you at the Villarreal home game (when they were still in the mix) ??

Besides does that argument not follow for every group every year? There is always a so called weaker team due to the seedings!! Yet still 10 points will qualify virtually every time!

The points gained against Villareal by the 3 other teams all cancel each other out (dare I say we struggled at home at lot more than the other 2 against them). Nobody lost or gained and advantage by playing Villareal - though we were the closest to fucking up against them.

That basically means the group was decided over 4 games each between Us, Bayern and Napoli. We picked up ONE point against Napoli and 3 against an extremely poor and understrength Bayern side.

In essence, we gained 1 pt out of 12 in what I would class as competitive matches.

Fanny Fart said:
In essence, we gained 1 pt out of 12 in what I would class as competitive matches.

That's lovely.

The rest of the world thinks that we picked up 10.

Damocles said:
Fanny Fart said:

That's lovely.

He has a point though, we've only had 3 tough matches in this group and we only picked up a point from them, something we definitely have to improve next season.

It's been a great learning curve though both on and off the pitch, next year i can go into it with my head saying we have a real chance of winning it.

Damocles said:
Fanny Fart said:

That's lovely.

Villareal may as well not have been in the group.
That left 3 sides and 12 pts available. Okay, it wasn't our fault Bayern put out a pathetic, toothless side, but it certainly devalues our win.

Damocles said:
Damocles said:
Sort of agree. Good points in the first post, but can't help but feel that we'll twat the fuckers.

Realised that I've now agreed with Dave for seven posts in succession.

Needless to say, he's obviously wrong and whatever he said, I feel (correctly) that the opposite is true

You still managed to get a couple of snidey digs in when I wasn't contributing though.

Blue Dan said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Blue Dan said:
It's probably too early to say, but it has crossed my mind before now that Mancini's possible lack of managerial ability in the Champions League could cost him his job somewhere down the line. What do we think?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/dec/07/champions-league-roberto-mancini-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ester-city</a>

you fucking idiot.........................what on earth possessed a city fan to post this bollox? Lay low,pal,lay very low......................

Come to Sharston and we'll settle this man to man, penis to penis.

Had the internet warrior crap before,pal - funny how folks change their minds when they meet me...............................happy to visit and chat anytime - 'dong out' if that's your thing too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.