Mancini's poor CL pedigree - Cause for concern?

Well, this is a good point about Mancini pedigree. When Bobby was Inter coach, he dominated the league all the Italian competitions for 4 years, they won two Italian Cups (Equivalent of FA Cup), Italian Super Cup, three Scudetto but at the end he always struggled in Champions League he didn't go further than quarterfinals, ask Inter fans for more details... However you got out with your heads held high, I think next year the blues will be unplayable...

mancini doesnt have the best champions league record, but look at the group we were in and we managed 10points from those tough games...im gonna reserve judgement till next year as that group was fookin hard

MAncini strikes me as a man who is still willing to learn he took over and said we'd still get 70 points we fell just short but he used that experience to guide us to 3rd last season and deliver us our first major trophy in my life time. He will have learned from the mistakes made in the earlier games that in the end cost us and will no doubt be hungry to out it right next season. Had we been in most of the other groups our total would have took us through to the next round. Yes some players did already have champions league experience but this was the first time as a club and 3 wins aint to shabby and we became the first english club to win at Villarreal. We're still a young team next couple of years we will be a major threat

Sometime around May 2013 (possibly slightly earlier depending on my mood) I am going to bump this thread.

Let's see what people have to say about Roberto then.

Champions league Final tickets at Wembley?
TWO for me, please!
Thank you!

CTWD.

DTeacher said:
Sometime around May 2013 (possibly slightly earlier depending on my mood) I am going to bump this thread.

Let's see what people have to say about Roberto then.

Champions league Final tickets at Wembley?
TWO for me, please!
Thank you!

CTWD.

I sincerely hope this thread does get bumped one day, nothing would give me greater pleasure!

I think the remit for this year is to win the Premiership. Being out of Champions League makes it far easier. Reserve squad for Europa league, big guns for Premiership. Playing once week. Piece of piss

Neapoli7 said:
he dominated the league all the Italian competitions for 4 years, they won two Italian Cups (Equivalent of FA Cup), Italian Super Cup, three Scudetto but at the end he always struggled in Champions League he didn't go further than quarterfinals, ask Inter fans for more details...
As an Inter fan personaly i think he did pretty well in Europe even though we didn't go far enough back then, part of it had to do with luck (who remembers that fight we had with Valencia and red cards that our players got).

Anyways, I used to say to guys here that Mancini will do pretty well with Man City before he stepped a foot here and people here had doubts about that. Mancini is young but from the very beginning of his managerier career with Lazio he showed that he's "a winner" and thats something you can never buy or get easily. Every single season with every club he won trophies (even with a bankrupt Lazio who everyone wrote out yet he won the Italian cup and did really well with them in the league race).

You guys should have faith and don't do what Chelsea's owner is been doing, firing and hiring managers almost every season, instability is extremely bad for any team.

I said here in this forum a couple of years ago, have faith in Mancini and you won't regret it on the long run (even if you had a few falls every now and then). We used to buy the best talents in the world (ronaldo and co.) in the past yet we suffered for many years because of that instability with our managers (we used to hire and fire every season) untill we got Mancini and for the first time we tested trophies and stabilities. Now we're going backwards with the same instability problems that we had since the early 90's and we're doing shit domesticaly.

Hope you don't fall into the same trap !

Finished with ten points in the group of death, not a bad job by Mancini, few year's down the road when we lift it maybe someone will come back and tell these people "We told you so"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.