Mancini's poor CL pedigree - Cause for concern?

I would care more about that article if the stupid person who wrote it had a grasp of a small, basic thing called "facts." They're alien to most journalists I realize.

Very poor article from Richard Williams of the Guardian, a lot of very bias observations from someone who doesn't have a clue...........

Jack74 said:
Why post that ?
I think we went out for a few reasons:

1) Silly preventable goals
2) Inexperience
3) Too adventurous away from home. We had no need to try and win in Naples. Should have shut up shop and played them on the counter. That's Mancini's responsibility. Too attack-minded! But you could also argue that those tactics have worked in the Premiership, and will improve us if we keep playing that way

That's an overly harsh and negative assessment.

Mancini did make a few mistakes - but ultimately the players he put out against Napoli (home and away) should've won.

His record at Inter wasn't great, but then that team wasn't as good as our current squad is, and more importantly he is older and more experienced than he was back then. Ultimately he knows he lost that job because of his CL record, and I expect that will have chastened him enough to make sure he succeeds in the competition while at City.

There is no manager I would rather have than mancini he has improved every player in our team especially the defenders. Given us a winning mentality and got rid of deadwood that were taking us nowhere fast. This article is not worth wrapping chips in.

City are the first team since Werder Bremen in 2006-07 to collect 10 CL points and not finish in the top 2.

It was a very tough group!! i would be more concerned if we got eliminated with 9 points in a piss easy group containing Benfica and Basel ffs!

some people always have to look for a negative ....................................

BoyBlue_1985 said:
We did get 10 points but 6 were freebies for every other team in the group

Freebies?? were you at the Villarreal home game (when they were still in the mix) ??

Besides does that argument not follow for every group every year? There is always a so called weaker team due to the seedings!! Yet still 10 points will qualify virtually every time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.