Mancini's poor CL pedigree - Cause for concern?

I am not worrried one it Mancini has the players and resources to win the CL and a 47 still young enough to be learning. Lets not forget the so called special one may have won the CL with Porto but in all his time at Chelsea despite the domestic success he never lifted the coverted prize, despite his resources.

I'd sooner focus on now and see what Bobby has now and lets see if he can achieve everything with us.

Blue Dan said:
Jack74 said:
Why post that ?

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
Noun:

1. A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
2. An Internet message board.

a) A wet dark hairy Orifice (knut)
b) shit-for-brains (see below)

An idiot; one who seems to have shit instead of brains, thus severely limiting their thought capacity.

stimo said:
mancini doesnt have the best champions league record, but look at the group we were in and we managed 10points from those tough games...im gonna reserve judgement till next year as that group was fookin hard

To be honest, we didn't do well, 10 points or not.

We might easily have lost to Napoli at home had Kolorov of all people not rescued us.
We scraped a win against Villareal at home, a team that was roundly beaten by everyone home and away
We beat a Bayern B team at home that had nothing to play for.

Not really a lot to be proud of. Of the proper "tough" games, Bayern away and Napoli home and away, we managed 1 point.

That said, it was our first go and it was a tough group. I am sure we will learn from it Nd do much better next year. Realistically, we weren't going to win the thing this year, we're we, so ultimately it matters not.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
since when has Valencia been in Catalunya?
Spotted that straight away - stopped reading

Knob jockey

As lazy as that woman the erstwhile Ms Leavy doing the sport on Sky news and boy is she one lazy fookin cow

Being a resident of the Valencian region and my Missus a Valencian, I´m appalled but not surprised

Chippy_boy said:
stimo said:
mancini doesnt have the best champions league record, but look at the group we were in and we managed 10points from those tough games...im gonna reserve judgement till next year as that group was fookin hard

To be honest, we didn't do well, 10 points or not.

We might easily have lost to Napoli at home had Kolorov of all people not rescued us.
We scraped a win against Villareal at home, a team that was roundly beaten by everyone home and away
We beat a Bayern B team at home that had nothing to play for.

Not really a lot to be proud of. Of the proper "tough" games, Bayern away and Napoli home and away, we managed 1 point.

That said, it was our first go and it was a tough group. I am sure we will learn from it Nd do much better next year. Realistically, we weren't going to win the thing this year, we're we, so ultimately it matters not.

That's my take too. We didn't do well but in the long run we might be glad of it. We weren't going to win it, it was always going to distract from the real business.

All that matters this year is the title. We have to win it.

I'd chuck out a team of chancers in the Europa and get knocked out. We've enought to worry about with January's fixture congestion.

Win the league and Mancini's achieved his remit.

bluemoon1078 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
We did get 10 points but 6 were freebies for every other team in the group

Freebies?? were you at the Villarreal home game (when they were still in the mix) ??

Besides does that argument not follow for every group every year? There is always a so called weaker team due to the seedings!! Yet still 10 points will qualify virtually every time!

Such a great feeling when we scored but we have to be honest as well Villereal are one of the worst teams i have ever seen in the CL, god knows whats happened to them this season. We didnt qualify its not the end of the world we just slipped up at crucial times but we will learn

Not concerned about Mancini in the slightest.
Took him a season to suss out the PL and have built our team for it now, as we can see this year. Im sure if back, we will be better in the CL next season.
Another time, we could have gone through. The fine line between winning and losing when you have 3 great teams in 1 group is very fine.

Bayurn away- What IF we had the 2 penalty shouts at 0-0
Napoli at home- What If both times we hit the woodwork in the 1st half, both went in instead.
Again, fine lines, What If we didnt get a injury time winner v Villareal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.