Mancini's selection and tactics

cookster said:
I love it when peeps quote our owners expections. You, like I haven't got a clue what they are.

The reigning Champions of England should be able to get to the last 8 of the Champions League. That by the way will be a first for Mancini.

I think you're misunderstanding the nature of our position on the European stage. The fact that we're Champions of England matters a lot less than you think.

Due to our lack of European experience/success we're in pot 2 whereas every other English side is in Pot 1. This means we were almost guaranteed to play either Barca, Madrid or Bayern. Add to that the Dortmund and Ajax draw (also Champions in their respective league) and we've already got a tough task on our hands before a ball is even kicked.

Despite having the best team in England we have by far the worst path to progression.We have to overcome Real Madrid, Dortmund, Ajax and then Barcelona/Bayern whereas they need to beat Cluj, Braga and Schalke.

For these reasons you cannot make a straight comparision between us and the Rags, Chelsea and Arsenal in terms of what one considers to be a successful Champions League campaign.

He's trying to be too clever by half. Stick to what works and stop pissing the defence about. Nastasic should not be ahead of Lescott in any game yet, and Milner might as well pack his bags. Sinclair - why? He's the new "Tinkerman" and it didn't go well for Ranieiri either.

10 Changes from Sunday which would have been 11 had Rodwell not got injured !!

I know it was the League Cup but I'd love to see us win it and gutted about tonight's result against an awful Villa side but the team is simply not clicking as there are far to many changes in selections and sytems - I don't recall us changing it to much towards the end of last season !!

A settled side breads confidence and do not see the need for messing about with formations trying to find new styles of play so soon after last season, WHAT GETS YOU THERE WILL KEEP YOU THERE but we have not become a bad squad overnight.

Be patient Blues - I think some City fans are now finding it more frustrating in not rolling sides over than when we simply knew we couldn't.

cookster said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
cookster said:
Dynamite by Mancini tonight but "this is football"
Do you think he should be sacked?

No way! Got to be given until the end of the season.

He wont be sacked unless we finish outside top 4, even then its only a remote possibility. So.. dont get your hopes up, two consecutive trophyless seasons may just do it though.

Ragnarok said:
cookster said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Do you think he should be sacked?

No way! Got to be given until the end of the season.

He wont be sacked unless we finish outside top 4, even then its only a remote possibility. So.. dont get your hopes up, two consecutive trophyless seasons may just do it though.

It's possible to question the managers tactics and decision without wanting him sacked. I want him to get it right for City's sake if nothing else.

I think he will get sacked if we don't win a trophy.

Is Mourinho available still? get him on standby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.