Mancini's selection and tactics

Sick Swan said:
Bob's doing a Champions League Job,

we would all take 4th if we got to the final, shoot some would take even 5th for a shot at it ;)

keep your eyes on the prize blues... forza?

No chance would I take 4th place just to make Champions league final. Prem has to be number 1 priority this season. I wanna win the Prem every year to hurt the Rags. Think we're a few seasons away from getting to a Champions league final.

^^^^^
I agree 100%! We are not there yet to compete for CL glory, but it won´t be too long until we claim that title too. PL has to be priority every year.

citytill1die84 said:
Sick Swan said:
Bob's doing a Champions League Job,

we would all take 4th if we got to the final, shoot some would take even 5th for a shot at it ;)

keep your eyes on the prize blues... forza?

No chance would I take 4th place just to make Champions league final. Prem has to be number 1 priority this season. I wanna win the Prem every year to hurt the Rags. Think we're a few seasons away from getting to a Champions league final.

Small minds at large.

Winning the CL would be absolutely huge for City at this point in our development.

If the choice is getting to the final but losing and winning the Prem again, it's close but I'd take winning the Prem again.

nijinskybell said:
Winning the CL would be absolutely huge for City at this point in our development.

If the choice is getting to the final but losing and winning the Prem again, it's close but I'd take winning the Prem again.
Exactly. For a club our stature, if we are going to give up the Prem, we must win the CL.

I haven't heard anyone outside of West London claim that, just because they won the CL, Chelsea were a better team than City last season.

Winning the league still has to be the target.

Freestyler said:
Went back to basics Saturday = 3 points and a brilliant display of football, one of our best passing games of the season and played Fulham off the pitch.

No co-incidence.
If only every team went about with the attacking intent of Fulham, we would never have to play anyone at the back let alone four.

Fergiescum has won it twice in 25 years and both times somewhat luckily. I somehow don't think it will take us that long under Bobby to win it twice.

I have faith in Bobby - I can even understand why he occasionally favours 3 at the back.
The only choice that has bothered me is "swapping" De Jong for Garcia. Nige gave us a much stronger defensive platform and allowed the flair players to shine. I believe it is the reason we have conceded more in this campaign. It is too early to judge Garcia as many players take time to adapt.
I will be very happy for Bobby to prove me wrong on this, but for now I feel we are missing the steel De Jong provided.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.