Mancini's selection and tactics

LoveCity said:
I want Mancini to drop his anti-winger ideology and try introducing at least one high-end winger into the team. Our game has become predictable and stagnant, it hasn't been truly free flowing since the first half of last season and there's no real evidence that it's ever going to go back to that quality. A big part of that may simply be teams learning how to defend better against our narrow approach, wingers are harder to defend against and that's why when you think of players like Robben, Ribery, Valencia, Bale, and Ronaldo (not really a proper winger now but still spends a lot of time out wide) against your team you get that feeling of terror at what their pace and skill might do to your team. We don't have a single winger like that and I'm sorry but this "full-backs are our wingers" thing is absolute bollox, they don't pose half the threat... Richards did at times last season but that's it. Maybe Maicon will offer some improved threat down the right, I don't know. English teams struggle against width, look at how the rags have never really been sussed out by most English teams after 25 years or so of using wingers, but we don't exploit that at all.

What would you doing with the wingers if you do not who throws them the ball

Mancio said:
LoveCity said:
I want Mancini to drop his anti-winger ideology and try introducing at least one high-end winger into the team. Our game has become predictable and stagnant, it hasn't been truly free flowing since the first half of last season and there's no real evidence that it's ever going to go back to that quality. A big part of that may simply be teams learning how to defend better against our narrow approach, wingers are harder to defend against and that's why when you think of players like Robben, Ribery, Valencia, Bale, and Ronaldo (not really a proper winger now but still spends a lot of time out wide) against your team you get that feeling of terror at what their pace and skill might do to your team. We don't have a single winger like that and I'm sorry but this "full-backs are our wingers" thing is absolute bollox, they don't pose half the threat... Richards did at times last season but that's it. Maybe Maicon will offer some improved threat down the right, I don't know. English teams struggle against width, look at how the rags have never really been sussed out by most English teams after 25 years or so of using wingers, but we don't exploit that at all.

We need to play with more width to draw defenders out, thats when we score... and wtf is the high ball to dzecko for from yaya and rodwell, won fa ! wrong tactics....

I felt tonight it was asking for someone to drop the ball behind their defence. They played high up we should have just dinked it over the top. We tried it a couple of times in the first half but Dzeko got caught then we seem to give up on that one, like they all thought fuck this Edin can't stay onside.

There was no space to play in front of them, as all the space was infront of their keeper and behind their defence so why try play it into feet all the time?

trevorriley said:
Mancio said:
LoveCity said:

We need to play with more width to draw defenders out, thats when we score... and wtf is the high ball to dzecko for from yaya and rodwell, won fa ! wrong tactics....

without a playmaker who can throws a 50 yards ball on theiy path you'll do nothing of your wingers

Two main problems with the side at the minute -

1 - No deep lying playmaker

2 - No top quality winger

If we played Barry/Garcia alongside someone like Vidal, with Yaya in front of them I think we would immediately see an improvement in our defence. Playing what is effectively 4 forwards like tonight, Yaya isn't a DM and with our full backs pushing forward trying to create width of course we're going to be caught at the back. Our side just looks completely unbalanced at the moment and I can't see what Mancini is doing by playing this 5 at the back formation in the middle of games, add to that his tinkering is annoying as we had just beat Fulham in our best performance of the season yet tonight he switches the formation back to a much more open one. Mancinis tactics are just getting more baffling as the season goes on he needs to get a grip.

It's f*ing nothing about any bluemooners knowing more about football than Bob - of course he knows more, he's a pro manager for Gods sake. But the fact remains - we are far weaker than the sum of our parts, and have been for what seems like a long time now. We haven't played a single minute of world class football this season, despite having several world-class players in the squad. Fact.

I love Bobby, he won us the title sure, but as others have pointed out: wouldn't any good manager with all that talent at his disposal? I'll reserve my judgement and stand by him for a long time yet, but I have a feeling our owners will want to see us take the next step sooner than that.

My guess is Pep next summer.

DruntBlunt said:
It's f*ing nothing about any bluemooners knowing more about football than Bob - of course he knows more, he's a pro manager for Gods sake. But the fact remains - we are far weaker than the sum of our parts, and have been for what seems like a long time now. We haven't played a single minute of world class football this season, despite having several world-class players in the squad. Fact.

I love Bobby, he won us the title sure, but as others have pointed out: wouldn't any good manager with all that talent at his disposal? I'll reserve my judgement and stand by him for a long time yet, but I have a feeling our owners will want to see us take the next step sooner than that.

My guess is Pep next summer.

I think your guess will be wrong

Wafty Cranker said:
I felt tonight it was asking for someone to drop the ball behind their defence. They played high up we should have just dinked it over the top. We tried it a couple of times in the first half but Dzeko got caught then we seem to give up on that one, like they all thought fuck this Edin can't stay onside.

There was no space to play in front of them, as all the space was infront of their keeper and behind their defence so why try play it into feet all the time?

It worked a few times, but the lino kept flagging for offside when we quite clearly weren't

Sometimes we have change tact when have a free kick in the opponents half get it in the box and see what happens! That is all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.